/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to Compare Religions

Ahmed Mohammad
11-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Asalam'ali'kum Dear Brothers and Sisters

How are you all?

I am a new member in the forum, and I wanted to share this manuscript with you. Its aim to assist how should an individual think about different beliefs…

How to Compare Religions

http://www.4shared.com/file/72764782...Religions.html

& in Arabic

كيف نـقارن بـين الأديان

http://www.4shared.com/file/72766329/322264fe/___.html

The cover page of the paper is:

__________________________________________________ _____

How to Compare Religions

Basic Principles of Logic
Among Philosophy Schools and Religions

The Purpose of This Manuscript:

The ideological conflicts between philosophy schools and religions have lately intensified, where each one of them claims its correctness, and also the fallacy of others. Among the professional debates (or arguments) based on evidence and justifications, there are biased arguments based on incorrect psychological and cognitive standards. Moreover, many people seem to be influenced by these incorrect standards that have caused them to be lost in these times, "the time tribulations". The aim of this manuscript is to comment on these standards and test their accuracy, and point to some of the issues related to the investigations between these ideological schools.

__________________________________________________ ______

Please, feel free to share it with other friends, especially non-Muslims.. May Allah bless you all..

Wasalam'ali'kum wara'hma'to'Allah wabara'katoh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
12-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Greetings,

The text is not really about how to compare religions. It also has little to do with logic or philosophy.

It's actually just another propaganda piece for Islam.

Peace

AntiKarateKid
12-06-2008, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

The text is not really about how to compare religions. It also has little to do with logic or philosophy.

Peace
Ah yes, everything pro Islam has no logic and is propaganda.

I say your comment is atheist propaganda itself.

جوري
12-06-2008, 05:29 AM
I am curious CZ did you actually download these files? and if so what about them did you find objectionable?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
12-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Ah yes, everything pro Islam has no logic and is propaganda.
Not necessarily everything, but this article - definitely.

I say your comment is atheist propaganda itself.
Did I mention the word atheism? Do you think people will be more likely to be fooled into converting to atheism after reading my post?

format_quote Originally Posted by Skye
I am curious CZ did you actually download these files? and if so what about them did you find objectionable?
I downloaded the .pdf and read it. The main thing I found objectionable was, as I said above, the article pretends to be one thing but is in fact another.

Peace

Trumble
12-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Overall I thought is was a reasonable enough piece, actually, making some good arguments.

The author is obviously muslim, but there is nothing inherently wrong with selecting examples from what you know best although ideally he should have spread them about a bit if the piece was genuinely intended to be unbiased. The only real problems are p.27 which is ridiculously loaded in favour of one point of view, and the closet inclusion of what is obviously 'atheism' as a religion, which it is not.

جوري
12-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Greetings,

I downloaded the .pdf and read it. The main thing I found objectionable was, as I said above, the article pretends to be one thing but is in fact another.

Peace
Although Trumble's critique was not too detailed.. that is generally how you should approach an article -- otherwise your indifference can be equally dismissed as emotional fervor!

cheers

Ahmed Mohammad
12-08-2008, 05:23 PM
I appreciate your comments my friends, all of you. I was wondering, how do you think i should edit what you find negative in the paper, from you point of view, in order to make it stronger? Please...

And what did you find positive about it (not in general please), so that i know it's good and i should keep it..

looking forward your reply brothers..

Ahmed Mohammad
12-08-2008, 05:32 PM
I appreciate your comments my friends, all of you. I was wondering, how do you think i should edit what you find negative in the paper, from you point of view, in order to make it stronger? Please...

And what did you find positive about it (not in general please), so that i know it's good and i should keep it..

looking forward your reply brothers..

Ahmed Mohammad
12-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Greetings,

Peace
feel free to call it whatever you like brother, it's your opinion, you have a mind and no one disrespect your thinking. You might call it "propaganda" but anyone can call the others the same thing. However, this doesn't prove or disprove anything. But if you wish, you could explain to us: what did you think was wrong with the Islamic examples presented in the paper?

Many thanks...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.