/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To my sisters only (delicate subject)

AnonymousPoster
11-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi sisters i just wanted to know how do you guys feel when your on your period. When im on because i cant pray i smetimes dont feel that close to allah and not sure on how to make dua im so used to making dua after prayers. i just feel that i have to perform an act of worship for my duas to be accepted. HOw can i persuit prayers when im on can i still read the quran as in on the internet or listen to the recitation. Is there any particular surahs and duas we can read instead of five daily prayers. Im going through bit of a tough time so i dont want to lose the closeness to Allah please help.

Jazakallah kair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
11-29-2008, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Hi sisters i just wanted to know how do you guys feel when your on your period. When im on because i cant pray i smetimes dont feel that close to allah and not sure on how to make dua im so used to making dua after prayers. i just feel that i have to perform an act of worship for my duas to be accepted. HOw can i persuit prayers when im on can i still read the quran as in on the internet or listen to the recitation. Is there any particular surahs and duas we can read instead of five daily prayers. Im going through bit of a tough time so i dont want to lose the closeness to Allah please help.

Jazakallah kair.
Sister,

Allaah is so merciful that's why He has given us a break when we're on out 'monthlys'

Think of all the pain sisters go through during this time, I find it difficult to even stand up! I know not all sisters have pain, but even if you don't, no good deed is being deducted from you, nor are you asked to make up for these prayers that you miss subhanAllaah,

Never feel that you are missing out, you can recite anything you like off the top off your head and on screen,

Including listening to Qur'an recitation,

Please don't feel down,

Continue making dua, no dua is totally rejected, it is answered one way or another, maybe not in the form you wanted but answered none the less,

Get better soon x

gladTidings
11-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Ws Sis

I know sometimes it feels like your link wiith Allah swt has been taken away...and you feel empty and generally abit lost. But we just have to remember Allah swt is still there... and we can still call him and talk to him. Out of His mercy and wisdom, The Creator has given us this time away from salaah, maybe so we appreciate salaah, to recreate our thirst in obeying Him like a true slave and perfect our prayers. I think most people agree that you cant actually recite the Quran...but as the sister ^ said you can still listen to it, read the translation and do dhikr.

Ws x

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 09:20 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Listen to some recitation....It's amazing how it can soothe the soul, especially when one is feeling low.

Do things you normally wouldnt have the time to do, spend time with family instead and talk to them about Islam, use it as a da'wah opportunity.

Turn it into a positive not a negative...You have more time to read Islamic books and increase your 'Ilm.

Hmm....Dunno what else to say really. Sorry :-[

WassalamuAlaykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amaanah
11-29-2008, 09:24 PM
good posts
engage in dhikr
read Islamic oriented books
update your ilm:inshallah

جوري
11-29-2008, 10:31 PM
If you weren't anon, I'd think I had written your post under the spell of some medication.. sob7an Allah... I can relate to your concern...
I think the best thing to do is listen to recitations on your IPOD or read digital Quran on the computer...

except now a days I don't feel especially close to Allah, whether on a break or not.. I don't feel like he loves me-- I have wondered far off course..
I have questioned him like a kaffir-- I find when that happens and I have a difficult time even making my regular prayers right that just listening to Quran softens my heart a bit.. little by little.. surely he who created us, is aware of our conditions..

May Allah swt make your affairs easy on you insha'Allah

:w:

seeker-of-light
11-29-2008, 10:57 PM
when i am on my period, my emotions are more wackier than ever. even though my actual periods are very light, i am an emotional rollercoaster when im on my period, and it makes it difficult for me to concentrate on anything for very long. is this what you are talking about?

saba muslimah
03-03-2009, 06:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

Jazakallah kair.
Asalam alikum warehmatullah wabaraktuhu dear sisters
whenever.my.dates.came m distrubing i just feel very deeply about my passing times?? :embarrass
,,,but When azan has startd i give the answer it n then sometimes i make WADHU coz usually i forgot about my days..:smile: bcoz Alhumdolilah now m hbitual of (Namaz) prayer..."May Allah make me Punctual for Namaz,,,offer on time as well" Well mostly i try to complete my home works for sort out things in my study room..n search n try to get islamic knowledge in pass time... I m sure sisters we all hv lots of work at our home sweet homes.Actually I have but...Alhumdolilah my younger sis helpng with me in daily homework during those days Specially we make a plan for each day Routine work

During that tiome "its quite busy n Free days as well" :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.