/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in Orange County to serve as mentor in Islam?

MatthewDeC
11-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Hello all,
My name is Matthew and I have grown up in a small town in CO. Since I was about 10 years old and started my own quest for truth, I found Islam. At first it was a third-person observational perspective, but as I continued my research, I found myself immersed. I have not taken shadah, nor have I ever stepped foot into a masjid, however, I read the Qur'an every morning and continue to work on my faith. I have just recently moved to Orange County, CA and am lost. I am wondering if there is anybody out there in that part of the country who can help guide me along on my journey to become a Muslim revert. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Olive
11-29-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry bro. I'm nowhere near you but may Allah guide you and keep you on the straight path.

I'm sure someone here will be able to help though. :)

islamirama
11-29-2008, 06:06 PM
A good idea would be to visit your local masjid (mosque) and ask them, i'm sure they can find a brother close to your area who can help you out inshallah.

جوري
11-29-2008, 06:50 PM
:sl: :welcome: aboard.. I am going to fwd your request to Brother MustafaMcphearson insha'Allah maybe he can help you out..
even if it be by email correspondence if it is Ok with you insha'Allah.. he is very knowledgeable and I believe can relate to your reversion story..
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MatthewDeC
11-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Thank you everyone for your help, further guidance would sure be appreciated. And Skye, thank you for forwarding mine inquiry, e-mail correspondence is fine with me. Thanks Inshallah.

جوري
11-29-2008, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MatthewDeC
Thank you everyone for your help, further guidance would sure be appreciated. And Skye, thank you for forwarding mine inquiry, e-mail correspondence is fine with me. Thanks Inshallah.
:sl:
I believe bro. Mcpherson has already Pmed you insha'Allah?
I pray that Allah swt makes all your affairs easy on you

again welcome aboard

:w:

BNDGR
12-14-2008, 05:57 AM
Asalam alaikum,
Good support is so vital. Going to your local Masjid is a good idea.
Here is a number of a new muslim support group that might be able to refer you to someone in your area 619/312-6262
email: newmuslimsupport@gmail.com
InshaAllah they can help you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.