/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Brothers in Bradford

Tony
12-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Are there any Brothers from Bradford in here. Would particularly like to meet convert or Brother that wouldnt mind accompanying me to mosque. I have taught myself salaat from books but feel a bit awkward about going to mosque and praying in front of other people. Sounds stupid I know, but would really appreciate the help. Peace :sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayan333
12-02-2008, 01:40 AM
:sl:

im not brother nor do i live n Bradford

but im sure theres alot of brothers on here who do

Bump!!!!!!

:w:

S_87
12-02-2008, 08:51 PM
:sl: i dont live in bradford though alhumdulillah there are quite a few masjids there (and yes quite a few reckless youth too). Have you tried going into one and speaking to the imam or meeting up with some brothers?

glo
12-02-2008, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
Are there any Brothers from Bradford in here. Would particularly like to meet convert or Brother that wouldnt mind accompanying me to mosque. I have taught myself salaat from books but feel a bit awkward about going to mosque and praying in front of other people. Sounds stupid I know, but would really appreciate the help. Peace :sl:
Perhaps it would help you to stand at the back when praying in the masjid?
That way you wouldn't have to feel self-conscious and 'watched' (not that anybody is likely to be watching anyway ... but it would probably help you concentrate better on your prayer)
Hopefully people appreciate your effort and take into account that you are a new (?) revert to Islam.

When people come to church for the first time, they often prefer to stay in the back rows. There they can watch what's going on, without feeling watched by others ...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
12-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Good advice people and reassuring, Think I will go on my own and see what happens. Cant imagine anything other than a positive out come. Peace

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 06:24 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I cant believe I'm actually doing this but if you join http://www.ummah.com/forum you might find brothers from Bradford.

Please dont stay there long though, LI is better :-[

WassalamuAlaykum

Tony
12-05-2008, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
AssalamuAlaykum

I cant believe I'm actually doing this but if you join http://www.ummah.com/forum you might find brothers from Bradford.

Please dont stay there long though, LI is better :-[

WassalamuAlaykum
Many thanks, and much appreciated :thumbs_up:)

Tony
12-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Humble servant Maria, thankyou for you offer to find brothers in Bradford, cannot post private msg yet to pass on email, need 50 posts 1st. Peace:sl:

HumbleServant
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Salaam, if you want to pass it on through a mod or something let me know either way insha allah! Defo will be brothers to help you out.

Tony
12-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes thats ok thru mod, bit computer illiterate tho so dont know how to do stuff. :sl:

Re.TiReD
12-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Yes thats ok thru mod, bit computer illiterate tho so dont know how to do stuff. :sl:
AssalamuAlaykum

PM a mod insha'Allah...And Humble Servant is a fab sis btw she'll be able to help you out.

Hey Mari, tiz Dreamer:p

WassalamuAlaykum

militant g-hard
12-10-2008, 08:38 PM
hit tktony im fron bradford allerton!!!

Tony
12-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Salaam militant G-hard. I am from Undercliffe. How are you. Do you go mosque, could do with a nudge in right direction:sl:

militant g-hard
12-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Salaam militant G-hard. I am from Undercliffe. How are you. Do you go mosque, could do with a nudge in right direction:sl:
i go to mosque but only on fridays, have u tried the howard street mosque
near bradford university?

Tony
12-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Not yet, good mosque ? will give it a go

militant g-hard
12-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Not yet, good mosque ? will give it a go
yep a good mosque, the imam usually gives a speech in english and there are some converts who go there as well as a mix of african and arabs.

my email address is saqib1shaki@hotmail.com if ur interested

Fishman
12-12-2008, 08:59 PM
You guys are still here? I thought Bradford was razed by aliens yesterday... :?

militant g-hard
12-12-2008, 08:59 PM
forgot to mention i was born and bred in bradford and big surprise im a pakistani. i see alot of converts in bradford in particularly women from teenagers to old women. allah wants to bring back islam, that why all these people are converting all over the world

Tony
12-12-2008, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=militant g-hard;1060966]forgot to mention i was born and bred in bradford and big surprise im a pakistani.

Hahahaha. Top man. what you do

militant g-hard
12-12-2008, 09:25 PM
I am 27 years old and am studying at bradford uni accountancy n finance degree 2nd yr. i decided to go back to studies. my mum urged me to go back.

how about youself? i read u were married to a turkish, im surprised as there arent many turkish people in bradford

any way i cant send u private message as i dont have more than 50 posts

militant g-hard
12-12-2008, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
You guys are still here? I thought Bradford was razed by aliens yesterday... :?

where r u from

Tony
I pmed my email to you. More Turkish than you might think. get posting fella

Fishman
format_quote Originally Posted by militant g-hard
where r u from
The office chair...

militant g-hard
12-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I pmed my email to you. More Turkish than you might think. get posting fella
im looking at the date u joined ur new like me.

Tony
12-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Yes. very addictive forum. I am going to try and limit my time on here I think

militant g-hard
12-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Yes. very addictive forum. I am going to try and limit my time on here I think
yep im really liking this forum as well. need to cut down, got exams coming up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.