/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adhan makes me cry !

Tony
12-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Can someone explain why hearing Adhan makes me cry sometimes. Im not prone to tears, in fact Just the opposite, I have become hard by life, I dont feel sorry for myself and am 39 yr man, but sometimes, and espescially on TV (Turksat) I hear Adhan and feel overwhelmed, its a great feeling, it is humbling and comforting but mainly I feel Allah is so close at these times. I am struggling to explain what I mean but I am sure others must feel this too. I converted 5 yr ago but this year I have really found my faith and try hard to be a better person, Interested to hear what people have to say. Praise Allah for his mercy and grace. Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
12-02-2008, 10:50 AM
:sl:

SubhanAllah. You really understand the meaning of the Athan if you cry. I wish more people would be moved by this beautiful call to prayer, including myself, inshAllah.

Have a listen to Mishary Al-Afasy's fajr athan. It is possibly the best I've ever heard.

http://www.muslimtents.com/alafasy/

Under the "DUAA & AZKAAR" section, the last audio file.

:w:

Tony
12-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Salem Banu_Hashim, thanks for that, that site is so good, will be spending time on there. Peace

Olive
12-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Masha'Allah... you're blessed to have the ability to cry when you hear the adhan. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Faith.
12-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Subhanallah ^I agree, you are blessed.
I wish I could show as much emotion as you at the call of prayer

Tony
12-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks people. Very interesting that people say its about being blessed, I have lived a coloerful life b4 becoming Muslim, and if honest I struggle with things at times. For Allah to bless me in this way is incredible, Cant help thinking it must mean something specific in relation to helping others somehow. I am probably near the bottom of list when deserving anything other than Allah saving me. I dont mean this in any self depreciating way, just there must be so many brothers and sisters that are far more pious. I wonder whether it is to do with converting to Islam, maybe people bought up in Islam become desensitised to the effects of Adhan. Thanks for responses. Peace

Faith.
12-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Well when a person does revert all their past sins are forgiven
*Correct me if im wrong please*
The moment you reverted you had no sins

Tony
12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Thankyou sister, What I realise is that if the feeling experienced during Adhan is probably a millionth of a fraction of Allahs grace on judgement day then SubhanAllah I was guided to the right way. peace

Faith.
12-02-2008, 06:22 PM
^:D:thumbs_up

mystifyed
12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
MashaAllah thts so cool. ur really blessed i wish i could get tht feeling

Ansariyah
12-02-2008, 09:07 PM
It makes me feel at peace, but I feel saddened wen I hear people talking over it.imsad

say alhamdulilah, ur heart got moved. Thats mercy from Allah.

Mikaela
07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Thank Allah that you feel the way you do, because it only shows that you have a soft heart (not that you're a softie, mind you...) that is open to Allah. But my husband tells me that you shouldn't talk openly about these things, just like you shoudn't tell people about your sins. It's a blessing from Allah, and it should stay between you and Allah, coz some people might think it's a form of bragging. Don't get me wrong, I definitely don't think you're bragging and I understand exactly what you're talking about, and I recognise the want to share it with others, coz it's such a wonderful feeling, but keep it for Allah and thank him. :)

- IqRa -
07-01-2009, 10:48 AM
MashaAllah brother, you are blessed indeed.

Rabi'ya
07-01-2009, 10:48 AM
:sl: brother

I know how yo feel. life has made me hard, its quite worrying as I;m only 25(and female). I can't cry over normal things like heartache, family and friend arguments, even death rarely makes me cry.

Yet, when I pray or read Quraan, or listen to the Adhaan, as you say. it brings tears to my eyes. if you see the post i posted before this I watched a Youtbue video someone posted I was balling my eyes out.

abdullah_001
07-01-2009, 10:52 AM

Brother, if it makes any difference adhan also makes me cry. If I'm in a mosque I always make sure I'm sitting in a corner where no one can see me and I droop my head all the way down so no one can notice. Just when the caller calls "I testify there is no God but Allah", it is a very overwhelming feeling... These are the things best kept between ourselves and Allah (swt) in my opinion.

convert
07-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Bilal never gave the adhan after the death of the Prophet (saw), save one time at the request of the caliph (I believe it was in the time of Umar). When he reached "ash-hadu ana Muhammadan rasulAllah" he broke down into uncontrollable sobbing.

Tony
07-01-2009, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
Bilal never gave the adhan after the death of the Prophet (saw), save one time at the request of the caliph (I believe it was in the time of Umar). When he reached "ash-hadu ana Muhammadan rasulAllah" he broke down into uncontrollable sobbing.
MaashAllah

ardianto
07-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Do you want to cry ?.
Come to my place. In the quiet dawn you can hear Adhan Sub'uh from everywhere, from every Masjid. Subhanallah, that is very beautiful experience.

liya
07-01-2009, 02:37 PM
May Allah bless us all with this beautiful feeling insha allah !!

happynur
08-20-2009, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
Can someone explain why hearing Adhan makes me cry sometimes. Im not prone to tears, in fact Just the opposite, I have become hard by life, I dont feel sorry for myself and am 39 yr man, but sometimes, and espescially on TV (Turksat) I hear Adhan and feel overwhelmed, its a great feeling, it is humbling and comforting but mainly I feel Allah is so close at these times. I am struggling to explain what I mean but I am sure others must feel this too. I converted 5 yr ago but this year I have really found my faith and try hard to be a better person, Interested to hear what people have to say. Praise Allah for his mercy and grace. Peace
subhanallah... Allah bless you :)

the feeling that Allah is so close is the greatest feeling :)

hope we are muslims mercied by Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.