/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When is Eid for you?

S_87
12-02-2008, 09:21 PM
:sl:

when is Eid for you?
are we all doing it on the same day this time?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlissfullyJaded
12-02-2008, 09:22 PM

Nopes, not on the same day. It's on the 9th here alhamdulillah.

Güven
12-02-2008, 09:25 PM
:salamext:

8th here InshaAllah

S_87
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Nopes, not on the same day. It's on the 9th here alhamdulillah.
you guys are behind :p
For us its Monday even though for eid ul Fitr, eid was two days behind saudi

for UKers
in England is everyone doing it on the same day or are there still fights about that?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mystifyed
same here in pakistan. it'll be on the 9 inshaAllah

'Abd al-Baari
12-02-2008, 09:35 PM

for UKers
in England is everyone doing it on the same day or are there still fights about that?
I doubt that everyone will do 'Eid on Monday, but that seems to be the majority, alhamdulillah.

:w:

Re.TiReD
12-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Monday!

IbnAbdulHakim
12-02-2008, 09:40 PM
its on a mon day mon

its on a mon day

Musaafirah
12-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Monday all the way. Surely, they can't have issues with that coz now the Islamic month has already been established and it's not waiting for the sign of a new moon innit?
Somehow last year there was a difference of opinion for Eid-al-adha, even though Eid-al-fitr was on the same day!
This year Eid-al-fitr was on different days, so am not sure about what'll be happening now!

Na7lah
12-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Monday :D

BintAmjad
12-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Monday! :)

ayan333
12-03-2008, 01:05 AM

Ya ALLAH!!!

we are one Ummah..all fearing ALLAH (SWA) but yet e cant agree upon when to celebrate Eid?

here is Monday InshALLAH!!!

coddles76
12-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Its Monday here for us in Aussie Land, which according to my calendar is the 8th. Eid Mubarak to all

north_malaysian
12-03-2008, 01:18 AM
It's monday too in Malaysia.... so we'll be fasting on Sunday..

ayan333
12-03-2008, 01:21 AM

^ us too InshALLAH

we should all fast the remaining days a well

do it,do it do it!!!!

A bit of incourgament

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allaah than these ten days (of Dhul-Hijjah).” The people asked, “Not even jihaad for the sake of Allaah?” He said, “Not even jihaad for the sake of Allaah, except in the case of a man who went out to fight giving himself and his wealth up for the cause, and came back with nothing.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 2/457).

Abdullaah ibn ‘Umar (may ALLAHbe pleased with him and his father) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are no days greater in the sight of Allaah and in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Him than these ten days, so during this time recite a great deal of Tahleel (”La ilaaha ill-Allaah”), Takbeer and Tahmeed.” (Reported by Ahmad, 7/224; Ahmad Shaakir stated that it is saheeh).

rose17
12-03-2008, 02:51 AM
here is Monday

north_malaysian
12-03-2008, 03:16 AM
so... it's Monday for all nations but India and Pakistan?

BlissfullyJaded
12-03-2008, 06:07 AM

^ In the US as well. A lot of us are having it on Tuesday. :)

Silver
12-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Monday 8 in Lebanon.

Tilmeez
12-03-2008, 08:35 AM
so... it's Monday for all nations but India and Pakistan?
For Pakistan Tuesday! :)

Haji_usmaan
12-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Assalam Walaikum

InsAllah, the whole UK will be celebrating Eid on Monday InsAllah

Finally, we managed to have eid on the Same day.

Takbir!
Allahu Akbar

P.S. InsAllah for those who are not doing Hajj, Please try to fast on the Day of Arafah which is Sunday and in this way, We, the muslim Ummah are following the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad Sallahu Alayhim Wasalam InsAllah

islamirama
12-05-2008, 04:19 PM
The Prophet (SAS) said "The Day of Adhaa is the day when the people sacrifice their udhiyah."

Al-Imam Al-Khattaabi commented on this hadeeth by saying, "People will be divided into groups and many will go astray from the way of the Prophet (SAS). Some will follow astronomical calculations and some will fast earlier and stand in 'Arafah earlier than the Muslims, like the Baatiniyyah. The Prophet's (SAS) way will always remain and the people who follow it will be the saved ones, those are on the correct path, even if they are few."(Nayl ul-Awtaar 3:329)

Muslims all over the world should follow the hujjaaj in Eid-ul- Adhaa. This is the only opinion that can unite all of the Muslims. The Fuqahaa (RA) (scholars of Fiqh), did not discuss the issue of "ikhtilaaf ulmataali" (the situation where each region has its own moon sighting) or "ittifaaq ulmataali" (the situation where sighting the moon in one place is sufficient for the rest of the world) when it comes to Eid-ul-Adhaa. As a matter of fact, some scholars, such as As-Sarakhsee (from the Hanafee school of thought) in his book 'AlMabsoot' mentioned that there is consensus between the scholars that Muslims should follow the hujjaaj in Eid-ul- Adhaa. 'Arafah is the name of a place, not a day. Whenever Muslims stand in that place during the hajj time, we call that particular day the Day of 'Arafah and the following day is Yawm un-Nahr (Day of Sacrifice) or Eid-ul-Adhaa. Al-Qaadi Zaadah (also from the Hanafee school of thought) said in his treatise, 'Haashiyah', that the day of 'Arafah is the day when Muslims will be standing in 'Arafah." [Haashiyah 2:328] This is why we should follow the hujjaaj in Eid-ul- Adhaa.

Periwinkle18
12-05-2008, 07:37 PM
it's on tuesday here.

Olive
12-06-2008, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
The Prophet (SAS) said "The Day of Adhaa is the day when the people sacrifice their udhiyah."

Al-Imam Al-Khattaabi commented on this hadeeth by saying, "People will be divided into groups and many will go astray from the way of the Prophet (SAS). Some will follow astronomical calculations and some will fast earlier and stand in 'Arafah earlier than the Muslims, like the Baatiniyyah. The Prophet's (SAS) way will always remain and the people who follow it will be the saved ones, those are on the correct path, even if they are few."(Nayl ul-Awtaar 3:329)

Muslims all over the world should follow the hujjaaj in Eid-ul- Adhaa. This is the only opinion that can unite all of the Muslims. The Fuqahaa (RA) (scholars of Fiqh), did not discuss the issue of "ikhtilaaf ulmataali" (the situation where each region has its own moon sighting) or "ittifaaq ulmataali" (the situation where sighting the moon in one place is sufficient for the rest of the world) when it comes to Eid-ul-Adhaa. As a matter of fact, some scholars, such as As-Sarakhsee (from the Hanafee school of thought) in his book 'AlMabsoot' mentioned that there is consensus between the scholars that Muslims should follow the hujjaaj in Eid-ul- Adhaa. 'Arafah is the name of a place, not a day. Whenever Muslims stand in that place during the hajj time, we call that particular day the Day of 'Arafah and the following day is Yawm un-Nahr (Day of Sacrifice) or Eid-ul-Adhaa. Al-Qaadi Zaadah (also from the Hanafee school of thought) said in his treatise, 'Haashiyah', that the day of 'Arafah is the day when Muslims will be standing in 'Arafah." [Haashiyah 2:328] This is why we should follow the hujjaaj in Eid-ul- Adhaa.

Subhan'Allah... :thumbs_up

Monday here! :)

noorseeker
12-06-2008, 09:11 AM
monday, i always be sad on eid, may be because im not married

Olive
12-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Why sad on Eid?

You don't need to be married to be happy! :p

AhlaamBella
12-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Monday the 8th inshAllah! :D which also happens to be teacher's training day Alhamdulilah. . . Though I have a feeling that was intentional because half the college is muslim lol so the principal really has no choice in the matter :D

rami0323
12-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Monday in Poland :)

whiterose
12-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Salamu Alaikum,

Im in the US, and Im celebrating it on Monday.

How is there difference of opinion if theres ONLY ONE hajj? ughh its so frustrating.

AhlaamBella
12-07-2008, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by whiterose

How is there difference of opinion if theres ONLY ONE hajj? ughh its so frustrating.
Oh sis I know. Some how Rochdale (Greater Manchester, England) always manages to disagree on the day of Eid. It's the same with Eid ul-fitr; There's only ONE moon! lol

12-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Who cares! It's EIDDDDDDDDDDDD! :D:D:D

Sahabiyaat
12-07-2008, 07:45 PM
MONDAY :D

i better go re-do my henna and sort out my clothes and a million other girly things ...too much to do :enough!:

Banu_Hashim
12-07-2008, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
MONDAY :D

i better go re-do my henna and sort out my clothes and a million other girly things ...too much to do :enough!:
What to wear... what to wear...What a dilemma ! :p

Monday for us. But I don't quite understand why some people do it on different days. Isn't Arafat (decided by Makkah) on one day only? :confused:

Sahabiyaat
12-07-2008, 07:55 PM
i will NOT be celebrating eid if my bangles dont match my clothes exactly. humpf!

ill stay in ma room and sulk! I swear i will!!!!

i know
one moon
one hajj
2 eids! bah.

AhlaamBella
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i will NOT be celebrating eid if my bangles dont match my clothes exactly. humpf!
lol Oh my Lord. Sis relax and focus on Eid itself rather than Eid celebrations lol my college friends attack me every eid when I don't get a whole new outfit. I get a clean set of clothes (Sunnah) Not too fancy, not too plain. Then stick a Jilbaab over the top he he he :D

Periwinkle18
12-08-2008, 11:34 AM
EiD Mubarak to those who r celebrating Eid today. :)

'Abdul Rahmaan
12-08-2008, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

when is Eid for you?
Tomorrow Insha'Allah.

Eid Mubarak to all brothers and sisters who are celebrating Eid today. :)

*Marwah
12-08-2008, 01:55 PM
monday!!!!!

Danah
12-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Monday, which is today.........Eid Mubarak everyone :) :) :) :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!