/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allegations about Muhammad pbuh first Meeting with Gabriel

AntiKarateKid
12-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey guys, how do I answer question of why Gabriel squeezed Muhammad pbuh tightly, making him troubled and he might be posessed, when Gabriel did not do these things to the other Prophets like Daniel and Mary, saying peace and do not be afraid. THe claim goes like this, basically.

Anywhoo, Ive got a rough idea about how to respond but would like ot hear your views!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
12-04-2008, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Hey guys, how do I answer question of why Gabriel squeezed Muhammad pbuh tightly, making him troubled and he might be posessed, when Gabriel did not do these things to the other Prophets like Daniel and Mary, saying peace and do not be afraid. THe claim goes like this, basically.

Anywhoo, Ive got a rough idea about how to respond but would like ot hear your views!
Could ya give the ahadith (or source) please?

AntiKarateKid
12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Could ya give the ahadith (or source) please?
Oh I just mean basically the events that all Muslims know, about Gabriel squeezing the Prophet (pbuh) who then wnt back to Khadija who calmed him down.

Christians question why this encounter with Gabriel as like this when h had first told people like Mary and Daniel in the Bible not to be afraid.

aamirsaab
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Oh I just mean basically the events that all Muslims know, about Gabriel squeezing the Prophet (pbuh) who then wnt back to Khadija who calmed him down.
I remember hearing something about this but not all of it. That's why I asked for a source - I canne remember it!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AntiKarateKid
12-04-2008, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I remember hearing something about this but not all of it. That's why I asked for a source - I canne remember it!
My bad
http://www.sln.org.uk/storyboard/stories/i5.htm

Thats the link from the source with our Islamic events

On a side note: Moses was afraid of the burning bush, does that mean it wasnt God? Nope.

Whatsthepoint
12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
My bad
http://www.sln.org.uk/storyboard/stories/i5.htm

Thats the link from the source with our Islamic events

On a side note: Moses was afraid of the burning bush, does that mean it wasnt God? Nope.
Not exactly. He was never afraid of the bush.
At first he was curious to see why it wouldn't burn down:

So Moses said, "I must turn aside now and see this marvelous sight, why the bush is not burned up."

This is probably where you got it wrong. It does say he was afraid to look at it, but only because he was afraid to look at God.

He said also, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob " Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.

Both verses are from Exodus 3.

Whatsthepoint
12-04-2008, 05:47 PM
To answer your question:
1. Muhammad might have received special treatment, being the final prophet and all that.
2. Who says god has to treat all his prophets equally?

- Qatada -
12-04-2008, 06:23 PM
:salamext:

The answer may be because it was to show him [Muhammad, sal Allah alaihi wasalam] that you're not dreaming, and that all this that you're now facing is real. That it is a serious message, and something big is about to happen to you (i.e. you will carry a heavy message from this day forward.)

It's not to show that its a devil like some anti islamic people may claim. Satan would not call people to 'seek refuge in God from the accursed satan' before reciting Qur'an, or saying 'in the name of Allah, the Most Beneficient, the Merciful' before doing any activity.

MSalman
12-04-2008, 07:12 PM
As-Salamu 'Alaykum

so now people even have problems with this incident?

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
To answer your question:
1. Muhammad might have received special treatment, being the final prophet and all that.
2. Who says god has to treat all his prophets equally?
exactly my thought and thank you!

The_Prince
12-05-2008, 02:34 PM
when Daniel saw the angel he was so scared, and couldnt breath, yes he eventually got calmed down, but not before going through an incredibly painful and scary moment!

the only reason the prophet took more time to eventually become calm was because he wasnt an Israelite, he was in Hijaz, not Palestine, he didnt know much about these kind of things, while the other prophets did, hence with the prophet Muhammad it took more time until he fully grasped what was going on.

YusufNoor
12-07-2008, 02:10 PM

:sl:

are you not familiar with the Seerah, my Brother?

here's an audio one:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...rophet%20(pbuh)

and an online book:

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/B..._tsn/index.htm

here is an excerpt:

‘Aishah, the veracious, gave the following narration of that most significant event that brought the Divine light which would dispel the darkness of disbelief and ignorance. It led life down a new course and brought about the most serious amendment to the line of the history of mankind:

Forerunners of the Revelation assumed the form of true visions that would strikingly come true all the time. After that, solitude became dear to him and he would go to the cave, Hira’, to engage in Tahannuth (devotion) there for a certain number of nights before returning to his family, and then he would return for provisions for a similar stay. At length, unexpectedly, the Truth (the angel) came to him and said, "Recite." "I cannot recite," he (Muhammad [pbuh]) said. The Prophet [pbuh] described: "Then he took me and squeezed me vehemently and then let me go and repeated the order ‘Recite.’ ‘I cannot recite’ said I, and once again he squeezed me and let me till I was exhausted. Then he said: ‘Recite.’ I said ‘I cannot recite.’ He squeezed me for a third time and then let me go and said:

"Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists), has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood). Read! and your Lord is the Most Generous.’" [Al-Qur'an 96:1-3]

The Prophet [pbuh] repeated these verses. He was trembling with fear. At this stage, he came back to his wife Khadijah, and said, "Cover me, ... cover me." They covered him until he restored security. He apprised Khadijah of the incident of the cave and added that he was horrified. His wife tried to soothe him and reassured him saying, "Allâh will never disgrace you. You unite uterine relations; you bear the burden of the weak; you help the poor and the needy, you entertain the guests and endure hardships in the path of truthfulness."
you see, when Jibreel [as] order the Prophet, "Iqra," the Prophet[pbuh] REFUSED! THREE times he refused! after each refusal, Jibreel[as] squeezed him harder.

don't forget, all the other Prophets[pbut] had limited messages, usually, just to their own tribes/people. Muhammad ibn Abdullah[pbuh], however had a message for all of mankind! why shouldn't it begin differently?

remember, it had been a long time since Nabua had come to the Arabs!

plus, you see, it was also Qadr!

[and no one says that the encounter didn't begin like the others! why bother over minutiae?]

:w:

AntiKarateKid
12-07-2008, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
:sl:

are you not familiar with the Seerah, my Brother?

here's an audio one:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...rophet%20(pbuh)

and an online book:

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/B..._tsn/index.htm

here is an excerpt:

you see, when Jibreel [as] order the Prophet, "Iqra," the Prophet[pbuh] REFUSED! THREE times he refused! after each refusal, Jibreel[as] squeezed him harder.

don't forget, all the other Prophets[pbut] had limited messages, usually, just to their own tribes/people. Muhammad ibn Abdullah[pbuh], however had a message for all of mankind! why shouldn't it begin differently?

remember, it had been a long time since Nabua had come to the Arabs!

plus, you see, it was also Qadr!

[and no one says that the encounter didn't begin like the others! why bother over minutiae?]

:w:

Thanks alot brother for the information!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.