/* */

PDA

View Full Version : islamic view of finances

seeker-of-light
12-06-2008, 12:32 AM
i have a report i am doing about whether or not math in finances is used unethically. obviously it is, but i would really like to add an islamic stance for it. anyone got some advice of what i could put to educate people about the ethical issues in finances?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
seeker-of-light
12-06-2008, 04:18 PM
ok lol i guess no one understands what i mean:S

bamboozled
01-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Not really sure what you mean tbh. What if you write something like(towards the conclusion:

"Islamically, interest has always been strictly forbidden, many banks such as IBB deal with the issue carefully. Reasoning for it being prohibited is because..." ??

Hope that helps lol

Whatsthepoint
01-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Math itself it's just a tool.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
01-22-2009, 01:14 AM
:sl: I think i get what you mean. Heres a link and an intro into the web:

www.islamic-finance.com was founded in 1997 as the world's first website dedicated exclusively to the field of Islamic finance. Since its inception, the site has maintained an independent editorial and sought to promote open debate on critical contemporary issues. Whilst we favour traditional understandings and implementations of fiqh, we adopt an inclusive approach to the subject matter and therefore allow the full range of juristic and technical opinion to be represented on our various databases. These include over one thousand PhD's and other researchers in over forty countries, an institutions database comprising academic commercial and public institutions, a books list, details of forthcoming events, occasional job opportunities and an extensive glossary. Editorial, production and legal information can be accessed here. You are welcome to register for occasional updates. Link

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.