/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i dont wanna wear it!

AnonymousPoster
12-06-2008, 06:15 AM
well recently i been thinking that i dont want to wear the hijab anymore but my parents dont believe in me taking it off and they wont allow me to do. and u might ask why and its not that i dont believe in it i just wanna live my life with no one looking at me or askin me weird q . so i was thinkin i should move out to my sisters house in some other state and like do it there with out my parents knowledge i mean im not young anymore i should decide if i wanna do something or not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-06-2008, 09:05 AM
:sl:
subhanallah sis, you've saddened me :(
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
well recently i been thinking that i dont want to wear the hijab anymore but my parents dont believe in me taking it off and they wont allow me to do.
i dont blame them :)

and u might ask why and its not that i dont believe in it i just wanna live my life with no one looking at me or askin me weird q .
ukhtee, if somebody dosnt like you doing a particular (halaal) thing, then you shouldnt question your iman/islam, rather you should question them...its thier propblem if they dont agree with it, not yours.
and the weiord questions may be just outta curiousty. and also i think they're fgood oppurtunities for dawah...:)

ukhtee, the hijaab is more than a piece of cloth... itll protect you from not only being stared at and degraded, but also falling into other things that are haram...ive heard this from others...

also sis, you've gotta remember that not only hijaabis get asked weird qns...and not only hijaabis get looked funny...anything going against the norm is looked down upon...obese people, black people (if you live in a community of mostly whites and vise versa)...so yeah everyone is going to have a say about SOMEthing...just stick to your guns and ask allah to make you strong in your iman, inshallah :)

so i was thinkin i should move out to my sisters house in some other state and like do it there with out my parents knowledge i mean im not young anymore i should decide if i wanna do something or not?
runniong away from the solution will NOT fix it...itll only make it worse :)

noorseeker
12-06-2008, 09:10 AM
i get from your post that you do dont live in a muslim area , so that why people will look at you strange, just remember , yoor doing it for Allah swt

Faith.
12-06-2008, 10:47 AM
AssalmuAlaykum,
I dont think ive heard someone that wants to take their hijab off...
Ive heard of sisters struggling to wear one...
But your situations completly different...
Sis your wearing one fo your Lord.....Not for people...So why should your care about what they think about you or what they say to you
You and you alone is gong to have to answer to Allah on the Day of Judgement....
& I dont blame your parents in making you wear one either...
Its just to benifit you......not them
Inshallah sis think it over...
Are you really going to give in to their comments...?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
12-06-2008, 01:35 PM
allow me to show you what i see from what you've written

well recently i been thinking that i dont want to wear the hijab anymore but my parents dont believe in me taking it off and they wont allow me to do.
i cant handle wearing a little scarf over my head and covering up my body, its just too hard :'(

and u might ask why and its not that i dont believe in it i just wanna live my life with no one looking at me or askin me weird q .
i just want to be everyone's pet and please every devil and sick pervert out there

so i was thinkin i should move out to my sisters house in some other state and like do it there with out my parents knowledge i mean im not young anymore i should decide if i wanna do something or not?
so i was thinking of backstabbing both my parents and making Allah angry, i mean like, psshh what have they done for me since raising me and giving me everything i need.

to hell with em EH!

[END OF TRANSLATION]

:raging:

may ALlah guide us all

Ameen

~Taalibah~
12-06-2008, 01:43 PM
well recently i been thinking that i dont want to wear the hijab anymore but my parents dont believe in me taking it off and they wont allow me to do. and u might ask why and its not that i dont believe in it i just wanna live my life with no one looking at me or askin me weird q . so i was thinkin i should move out to my sisters house in some other state and like do it there with out my parents knowledge i mean im not young anymore i should decide if i wanna do something or not?

You are giving in to the waswas (whispers) of shaytaan and to the desires of your nafs.
Let those who stare at you, stare, it can be uncomfortable i know, but they and you are going to answer to Allah Ta'aala on the Day of Qiyamah. Let your book be clean.
May Allah Ta'aala save and protect us all, Ameen.

mohsen1985
12-06-2008, 03:13 PM
:raging::raging::raging::raging::raging::raging::r aging::raging::raging:
Have you ever seen a Sikh? They don't trim any of their hair! They wear a turban! I've seen many people actually pointing at them and laughing (it's wrong, but they do)! You don't see them changing their ways! Shame on you!:raging:

Olive
12-06-2008, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohsen1985
:raging::raging::raging::raging::raging::raging::r aging::raging::raging:
Have you ever seen a Sikh? They don't trim any of their hair! They wear a turban! I've seen many people actually pointing at them and laughing (it's wrong, but they do)! You don't see them changing their ways! Shame on you!:raging:
That's so true... really, some Sikhs really practise without a care of what others say about them.

Sister, you should take a lesson from them. What's the point living this life just so you can escape the taunts/comments of other people just because you wear the Hijab? Live for the sake of pleasing Allah. He commands you to cover your beauty so do it.

:w:

crayon
12-06-2008, 04:01 PM
You'll never please people no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try. Now, it's your hijab. What if in the future it's cool and socially accepted to shave all your hair off? Or walk around with underwear on your head? Or paint your body purple?

And anyway, who wants to be like everyone else? Be proud you're a muslimah, Allah has chosen you to wear the hijab, so many other people are missing out on it. If for nothing else, wear the hijab as a symbol of your faith and dedication to your religion; people will respect you for that.

Al-Zaara
12-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Selam aleykum, sister

I think you should again read why the Hijab is important in Islam and for you as female Muslim, hear some sisters who wear it share their experiences and find again the respect for it. It is your life, if you don't want to, you'll probably find a way to take it off, it is in the end your own responsibility, but then, one step at a time less, you might have to be careful of your Emaan and what other practices in the religion you might start leaving after this. I'm not saying you will, I'm saying you might.

I'd say you're not trapped in your Hijab, but in your mind, wanting to please your esteem which probably is constantly being attacked by being different. We're all humans, we want to be liked. No one likes disgusting someone. But you gotta realize, we've all got different values and cannot please everybody. You have the right to be who you are, it is they who are abusing your rights, they gain nothing of it and you can gain everything.

InshaAllah, things will work out for the best!

Woodrow
12-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I am a strong believer that no MAN or WOMAN can or has the right to make a woman wear the hijab. As a woman you are within in your rights not to wear it.

Now the question is, are you a MUSLIM woman? How, can you be Muslim and not wear it?

Have no shame or fear of your identity. That Hijab sends a loud clear message you are Muslim. Remove it and you loose the most recognizable feature of being Muslim. How can you give Dawah and not wear it?

Many of us here fought hard to be Muslim. Do not take being Muslim lightly, Stand up and be proud to be Muslim. Wear your Hijab with pride, dignity and honor. Appreciate the respect from your brother's and sisters for wearing it.

Now above all else. Do not pay any attention to what I or any one else says.

Wear it simply because you desire to please Allaah(swt)

seeker-of-light
12-06-2008, 04:16 PM
100 years ago people would have thought it an abomination here for a woman to go out swimming in a bikini, or even to wear blue jeans for that matter. now its perfectly socially acceptable. if you notice this, society is always changing their opinions on things. while society is imperfect so they are always changing, allah is perfect. trust in allah, dont worry about what others think of you. besides hijab makes a woman look nice and beautiful too:)

Saimah Ali
12-06-2008, 04:24 PM
if you dont want to wear it then dont you have made up your mind and you wont listen to anyone else so why post here

Najm
12-06-2008, 05:12 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

imsadimsadimsadimsadimsadimsadimsadimsadimsad

laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah

Wow:enough!:, you fear your parents, but you dont fear Allah, Al-Aziz(The All-mighty), Al-Basir(The All-Seeing), Al-Kabbir(The All-Aware). You can go to another state, another country, stay away from you parents and everything, BUT you cannot get away from Allah Al-Jalil(The Sublime One)!!

People are just staring at you!!!! SO WHAT?? During the times of Prophet(Salalahu Alayhi WaSalam), Muslims were not stared at, they were mocked, abused, and tortured to death for what they believed.

Who is torturing you for wearing the hijab?? Who has a gun to your head???

You can never please the disbelievers, their rights and wrongs change every 20 years............while Islam has never changed for 1400 years, we know what is our rights and wrongs. SubhaanAllah!!!

Dont give in to their way of life, dont be hasty......strive, strive, strive!!!

My sister in Islam, what you need to do, is...

• ask for protection from Allah(Subhaana Wataala),
  • Stay firm in your belief,
  • be patient,
  • understand why you wear the hijab,
  • Be able to refute their comments

May Allah guide all of us, May we all strive in hope and fear. Ameen.

Allah forgive me, for anything that i said wrong:cry:

FiAmaaiAllah

mohsen1985
12-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I'd like to appologize for using Sikhs as an example, in no way did I mean any offense or mockery.

Sahabiyaat
12-06-2008, 08:13 PM
i'd just like to advise people to use kinder words,...i know we all get passionate, im not one to talk,but bit more sympathy, bit more understanding :)

piXie
12-06-2008, 08:52 PM
well recently i been thinking that i dont want to wear the hijab anymore but my parents dont believe in me taking it off and they wont allow me to do. and u might ask why and its not that i dont believe in it i just wanna live my life with no one looking at me or askin me weird q. so i was thinkin i should move out to my sisters house in some other state and like do it there with out my parents knowledge i mean im not young anymore i should decide if i wanna do something or not?

If this is what u intend to do, then I fear for u sister. I really fear for u. Because if u can't handle something as small as people looking at u and asking u weird Q's, then I don't know how u will be able to handle what life will throw at u if u disobey Allaah and your parents. And the patience required then will be much much harder than the patience required now. Allaah is swift in punishment when it comes to disobeying and disrespecting our parents. Fear Him sister. I really hope u didn't mean it when u posted that. Because it scared me, it really scared me. May Allaah give u the strength to wear the hijab. May He :arabic2: guide and save us all.

Zahida
12-06-2008, 09:53 PM
imsad

Ansariyah
12-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Sista remember Allah.

Look at wat Allah has given you: Eyes to see the world, Ears to hear the most beautiful of sounds. Listen to ur own heart beat, if it stops u'll die. Who's causing it to keep beating? Who is the one who gave you oxygen, the ability to breathe?

Now pls ask urself one question, do you think a human being wud do that for u?

Or even ask urself, what if all the above were placed in the hand of a mortal weak human being, wud they not at times hold ur own breath because u annoyed them, angered them? Wat if a human being got sick of you, and cud take ur own sight, wud they hesitate? they wud take it.

Does Allah ever do that to me wen I sin, wen u sin?

Allah loves us more than a human being cud ever...

Who created you out of nothing n shaped n turned you into a human being?

Allah gave you life.

Have those, whose stares made you feel the way you do, gave u life? Do they give Jannah/hell? How did they put u off worship, off a path that leads towards righteousness?

How did you forget all that Allah gave you? Why are u rewarding those who want to see you lead astray?

Will they be there wit u the day u'll be lowered to ur grave? Will they give up their plans to lay there wit u? The least anybody can do for u, is stand there n make dua, n leave you to ur creator.

This life is not Jannah, It's prison for us. But Allah promised us Jannah if we do righteous deeds: Can they give you Jannah?

{"Verily! Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous deeds, shall have the Gardens of Al-Firdaus (the Paradise) for their entertainment.} [18:107].

Sista I don't want to tell you wat to do, u are free to do as u wish. Just learn about Hijab, n remember Jannah.

Khalil_Allah
12-09-2008, 06:24 AM
you all ran this poor sister off!

Listen, I don't want to make advice for you because no Muslim man is going to be like "yeah go take it off if you want."

But I just want to tell you sister, that I understand where you are coming from. It is very hard in the West (assuming that is where you live) to go about with all these people who are scared of Muslims, and you practically have a big sign over your head that says "look at me, I'm a Muslim!" This is a challenge, and people will probably tell you that it is a test from Allah. Such is my belief as well.

Let me talk about a certain benefit of all these people coming up to you and talking to you and asking weird questions. Because you have the strength to wear the hijab (or family pressure... back-up strength :) ), you become an ambassador for Islam. When people come up to you curious about Islam, you have the privilege of representing the religion that every poster in here loves dearly, for it is the religion of Allah!

How do you respond when they ask you about the hijab? Do you tell them that your parents make you wear it? If so, then you are perpetuating the "oppressed woman" stereotype which plagues the universal image of Islam.

But sister if you are strong, and you tell them that you wear this scarf over your head because you are saving your beauty for your husband, because that is what Allah swt has asked of you, then you portray an image of strength and courage. A woman who submits to Allah and endures pain and pleasure only through Him. You then possess the most important characteristic of a wife, and you are more desired by good men than if you were to wear nothing at all in front of a million kufar.
---------

If you are being forced to wear it and you don't want to, then that isn't right, because the hijab is a matter of deen and no one can force deen on anyone. If you want to stop wearing it because you are just tired of looks and questions about your religion, then that isn't right either, but for other reasons.

I am not one to say what Allah wants for you, but I know it will all make sense if you just go to Him and seek His wisdom and mercy.

maryam87
12-09-2008, 11:55 AM
subhanallah i really want to wear a hijab but my mother is always like wait till u finish high school then wait till u graduate from uni next will be wait till u get married.
i wish i had the family to give me the encouragment u have, u should be very grateful.

Dont be like the girls who one day put the scarf on the next take it off and keep repeating the cycle. Its really brings a bad image for us.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-09-2008, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam87
subhanallah i really want to wear a hijab but my mother is always like wait till u finish high school then wait till u graduate from uni next will be wait till u get married.
i wish i had the family to give me the encouragment u have, u should be very grateful.

Dont be like the girls who one day put the scarf on the next take it off and keep repeating the cycle. Its really brings a bad image for us.
sounds like what most asian parents do with the beard "just wait till your married" they say

but we aint got Allahs permission to wait right?...

Ansariyah
12-09-2008, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalil_Allah
you all ran this poor sister off!
really..me too? I feel bad now!:(

Najm
12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i'd just like to advise people to use kinder words,...i know we all get passionate, im not one to talk,but bit more sympathy, bit more understanding :)

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Yeah i think i was too bit harsh imsad it think even the title "i dont wanna wear it!" made me really annoyed

I stick by the advice i gave though, maybe ill edit some bits.

I do understand whats shes going through. We All go through different phases of imaan, theres times where things are really hard, and other times its really easy. Im sure our sister will look at the posts and really think about it.

Forgive me for any offence cause.:cry:

FiAmaaniAllah

Danah
12-09-2008, 08:39 PM
sometimes my dear sister, we need to rethink over somthings. like:
are we worshiping people? or the God of people?
are we seek people satisfaction? or their God?

well, this is might be something that everyone know by heart, but we need to think about it deeply.

I dont know where u live sis and what kind of people you face everyday. but believe me if you keep looking for people sanctification you will never ever end.
dont care about their looks, and dont keep wearing hijab out of fear of your parents. You dont do this even for your parents
remember who you are doing this for. If the people dont like it, then just ignore them all. hijab is for your own good and preservation.

AnonymousPoster
12-10-2008, 03:50 AM
well i understand when people got mad and watever i mean i expected both positive and negative comments . but anyways i just u know felt like i was shocking and i needed to talk to someone i guess anywayz just forget my post.

aminahjaan
12-11-2008, 02:34 AM
Do you know how great it is that your parents actually support hijab?
I love my hijab with all my heart, I would never want to take it off. It shows you don't care what people think and you put God in front of everything. Did you know that you are a WALKING dawa? Shaytaans just hatin! Brush your shoulders and move on its just a phase. Hijab is the most beautiful elegant and innocent look on any woman and if anyone opposes they're like blind. Keep wearing it, I swear it will pay off. If you wear hijab it's a sign that you respect your body. I do and most mithajbehs (hijabis) do. If you're eating goooooood fat free ice cream and this stupid mutant is telling you to stop but your parents tell you to keep eating it. Would you stop? Sister, don't you feel worth something? Seriously, Hijab is the BEST thing that has happened to me. It teaches countless morals. Don't stop, because no offense it's a very poor and stupid decision. I'm just trying to help you out. I hope you

ayan333
12-11-2008, 03:06 AM

^ well said,MashALLAH

:w:

Re.TiReD
12-11-2008, 04:35 PM
AN EXCELLENT EXAMPLE OF HIJAAB

Difference between Covered & Uncovered Lady

IbnAbdulHakim
12-11-2008, 09:46 PM
A big brother is suppose to show when his not happy with something.

you guys think its us being harsh, no it isnt just being harsh, its trying to show HOW SEVERE what shes asking is, how SEVERE it is that she wanted to go behind her parents backs, how SEVERE it is that she wanted to take off the hijaab and publicly defy Allaah.

It isnt just about being harsh, its about clearly SHAKING TO REALITY the person who asks these questions.

if you cant take a bit of tough love then exit this dunya, you cant handle it.

Assalamu Alaikum

Leyla73
12-11-2008, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud

Cool pic, but a little weird though...:hmm:
Ok, so on the first image, the lollipop is totally covered, and on the second it's totally "uncovered". But i mean, it's not that you don't wear a hijab that you're naked :bump1:

Faith.
12-11-2008, 10:13 PM
I think the arabic text reads: 'You won't be able to stop them (i.e guys), but you can protect yourself. He who created you, knows what's best for you'
Wearing hijab is a sign that you respect your body and yourself, and that you are modest.

Leyla73
12-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Nice text... :)

Ummu Sufyaan
12-12-2008, 07:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud

lol..you know i sw a commercial on tv the other day for dish washing liquids lol...and you know what it said :p :D "we want to protect the things most dear to us..." lol something along those lines anyways...and i thought the hijab the hijab :ooh: :p :D

Re.TiReD
12-12-2008, 12:17 PM
kool masha'Allah!

I wonder how the sis is now...

Snowflake
12-12-2008, 12:18 PM
^LOL@pic!

Come on sis, don't think of discarding your hijab inshaAllah. The hijab isn't just a piece of cloth sweety. It's protection and a reason for earning Allah's blessings and pleasure. Do you know that when a woman goes out in hijab, two angels are assigned to protect her? :thumbs_up

My dear, we can all choose to dress as we like but at what cost? :cry: Jannah is just to precious to lose out on - don't you think? This one little action can bring so much misery, but fulfilling it fi sabilillah can give us so much in return. Ahhh, please don't deliberately exempt yourself from Allah's blessings in the duniya and here-after. I feel sure you won't ditch your hijab. It saddens me when I cannot recognise a muslimah and do not know whether she is hindu, sikh or of another religion. You belong to the Ummah sis. Please allow yourself to be recognised and cherished as so. imsad

Re.TiReD
12-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Great post ^

http://ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193456

MO783
12-12-2008, 12:47 PM

Just think of what you have said, remember there is no medicine for regret

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.