/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Never Ending...

Umar001
12-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Never Ending Writing...

Here's something I have found, read all the way through though...give your opinion on it, not neccesarily as a poetry piece but the message.

Chapter of Marriage for me - a Revert...

Fallen crazy for a lady who exhumed knowledge,
Thinking its love for Allah's sake, was it all dishonest?

Let me speak to her - I plead - its only about religion,
E-mails - no idle chat - 'Salam Alaicum sis,' I'm a bro on a mission.

Though the nafs' persisting, 'Hey, find out if she's taken',
And Shaytan's whispering, 'Its halal - I'm not satan'.

So I sit there thinking, she'd be a great mother for my kids,
Asking 'have you heard of this hadith? Wondering what her mahr is?!

See it wasn't evil, just a half step to my wedding,
A revert all alone - my family ain't gonna get me married.

So gotta check the field alone - take on my shoulders the world,
So I e-mail her so more - her words cut me like a sword.

Wishing I had a family, so I wouldn't have to do this conversation,
Cause even though I like her, I still feel some hesitation.

Knowing I'm a soft soul, knowledge easily get's me attached,
And to fathers across the world - a black revert isnt a good catch.

Still I latch onto hope, wishing the best for my unborn seed,
Hesitently proceed though, its rare for my heart to be care free!

Soon to be dismatled, feeling cheaper than a text bundle,
It's not much of a scandal, since brothers are ample.

So I gotta leave, must be colour cos I got the same creed,
As her father, or could it just possibly be me?

I had put on my best attr, but they didn't even want to see,
Who the young man was, who wanted their daughter - please?!

So I sit thinking, 'ya nafs its no big deal! jee!',
Just pray - wishing, 'ya rabb, thumma ardini bih!'

Then you see the sister, married - pregnant - ready to give birth,
Heart sinks, can't help but think - Ya Rabb am I cursed?

I don't think bad of Him, just of myself and deeds,
Woe to what my hands have earned, feels like a punishment, see.

Tried to leave my family for Islam, Christianity for Emaan,
Bible for Qur'an, it's a struggle understand...

I got this from a brother who's writing a blog, interesting poetry I think its true also and he'll literally try keep it never endin (until he dies)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alcurad
12-06-2008, 11:00 PM
he does convey the meaning well, though I can't really wear his shoes, rhymes are not bad either.

Umar001
12-06-2008, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
he does convey the meaning well, though I can't really wear his shoes, rhymes are not bad either.
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah alcurad! Hope you are good.

How do you think he feels? Does it seem true or false?

Br.al-Habeshi

IbnAbdulHakim
12-06-2008, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
How do you think he feels?

Br.al-Habeshi
heart broken

does it feel true or false?
what do you mean?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
12-06-2008, 11:36 PM

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah Dear Brother!

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
heart broken
But heart broken at what?

what do you mean?
Does it feel like a true story or made up one? Is the author speaking about something that really happend to him/her

Br.'Eesa al-Habeshi

IbnAbdulHakim
12-06-2008, 11:41 PM

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah Dear Brother!

But heart broken at what?
well this part:

^ leads me to believe that its because his heart cant stop feeling attached to the sister in question. If you want the root of his heart-break, then its his inclining to sinning.

Does it feel like a true story or made up one? Is the author speaking about something that really happend to him/her

Br.'Eesa al-Habeshi

not sure on this one bro

wa alaikum ussalaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

Umar001
12-06-2008, 11:52 PM

well this part:

^ leads me to believe that its because his heart cant stop feeling attached to the sister in question. If you want the root of his heart-break, then its his inclining to sinning.
You do realise that I'm going to bother you like heck with all these questions now.

Do you think he is attached to the sister in particular or to the knowledge she has? You see, when I read it I thought it was her, these two lines made me think like you. But I also read thatknowledge iswhat gets him attached. So could it have been any sister who had knowledge or this sister?

You said the root is his inclining to sinning, how is he sinning? And do you think his heart break is his sinning or his lonelyness?

This poem has proper confused me so much that's why I posted it here.

Br.al-Habeshi

IbnAbdulHakim
12-06-2008, 11:59 PM

You do realise that I'm going to bother you like heck with all these questions now.
the irony of it all eh

Do you think he is attached to the sister in particular or to the knowledge she has? You see, when I read it I thought it was her, these two lines made me think like you. But I also read thatknowledge iswhat gets him attached. So could it have been any sister who had knowledge or this sister?
nope, its the sister, why else is his heart sinking when he see's her pregnant with another mans child etc, his devestated because its hit him that she's definitly completely and fully another mans wife. Its her his pining over, not the knowledge Unless shes so knowledgeable that its impossible to come across sisters like her anymore, besides falling in-love with knowledge is better done through sheikhs then wives, his heart should sink when his sheikh leaves town or dies etc!

You said the root is his inclining to sinning, how is he sinning?
good question, i always assumed that this strong huge rip roaring desire to be close to a married woman comes from a pre-marital embargo which wasnt approached via the guidelines of the islamic system.

ie... there was waay too much staring/mingling before the mahrams got involved.

Unless he got taken by that first halal glance?

And do you think his heart break is his sinning or his lonelyness?
his heart break is just his heart break.

Ive never quite understood the reasons for its duration or intensity, all i know is theres times of tranquility, and times of sheer torture.

Allahu a'lam, i'd like to think its mostly due to sinning and Allah testing us.

This poem has proper confused me so much that's why I posted it here.

Br.al-Habeshi
all good bro :)

Assalamu Alaikum

Umar001
12-07-2008, 12:06 AM

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum,

Mainly due to the fact that it is not that beneficial to spend to much time guessing over it, and probable also due to the fact that you seem to understand it more than me I forfiet my interogation and you win. Yay.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Br.al-Habeshi

p.s. Let's hope he doesn't write a sequel, else I'm definetly going to interogate you.

Whatsthepoint
12-07-2008, 12:09 AM
He should have written an essay instead of this. Short lines don't make a poem.
There, my first review on LI.

whiterose
12-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Asalamu Alaikum,

WOW. Ive heard of his same situation AGAIN and AGAIN.
I think that most likely the sister's father did not agree because of two things: he is a revert. and he is not from the same culture or race.

two things that totally go against Islam. Since when can we reject a prospect because of his skin color or because he just reverted?
The problem that the brother brought up i see all the time here. And I believe it happens more often to brothers rather than sisters.

Umar001
12-07-2008, 12:38 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
He should have written an essay instead of this. Short lines don't make a poem.
There, my first review on LI.
Come on, I am sure your first review warrants more than a couple of lines, maybe you could enlighten the reader on what makes a poem, if not short lines?

p.s. I hope you write more reviews in the future!?

format_quote Originally Posted by whiterose
Asalamu Alaikum,

WOW. Ive heard of his same situation AGAIN and AGAIN.
I think that most likely the sister's father did not agree because of two things: he is a revert. and he is not from the same culture or race.

two things that totally go against Islam. Since when can we reject a prospect because of his skin color or because he just reverted?
The problem that the brother brought up i see all the time here. And I believe it happens more often to brothers rather than sisters.
Wa 'Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah,

Do you understand the reason why some fathers do that?

What do you think would help to stop alienation of good brothers and good sisters who may be reverts from the community?

br.al-Habeshi

whiterose
12-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Walaykum al salam,

It might be becuase a norm in his culture would be that spouces have to be from the same race or country.
Or they may believe that it is easier for the families to get along.
As for him being a revert, they may believe that he is still not very knowledgeable, and they would prefer someone who knows alot of Islamic knowledge.
But.... the Prophet's companions were reverts. The Prophet married from a different tribe as well.
I think what we need is to someone get good Muslim brothers and sisters who are reverts involved in the community. We shouldnt let them feel different. It should be the opposite.

crayon
12-07-2008, 10:01 AM
I really liked this poem! It felt very real, something I think many reverts would experience, and something the parents of born muslims don't understand or appreciate.

As for whether he fell for the girl or her knowledge, I think the writer is as confused as you are. He tries to tell himself it's for her knowledge and deen at first, to give him a valid excuse to talk to her, but deep down he knows it's a lot about the girl as well. I personally think it's a mix of both, he does want the knowledge and deen of this girl, but he also wants HER, specifically.

Silver Pearl
12-07-2008, 10:08 AM
:wasalamex

I liked it alot, it said things that he wouldn't share with others. Poems are good in that way. They almost become your ecstacy and your companion. For in times of hardship, you only get satisfaction from draining your thoughts and feelings on an empty canvas.

Personally, I think the 'Ilm the sister had was more of a cover. He liked her to start off, and having knowledge was almost a key to get him to ask for her hand. The fact that he still dwells on her eventhough she is married, suggests that if he wasn't casted away due to his ethnicity that he may have made a good husband.

He writes a poem to a taken princess and I wonder whether he lingers in her thoughts as much as he occupies his days and nights dwelling about the sorrow of losing his beloved?

Wallaahu'3llam. Very nice poem, he should definately write a sequel.

Re.TiReD
12-07-2008, 01:08 PM
:salamext:

Nice.

It's genuine alright...

WassalamuAlaykum

Na7lah
12-08-2008, 04:41 AM
the poem was deep and beautiful
thnks for sharing

Ummu Sufyaan
12-09-2008, 09:54 AM
:sl:
that was one.tragic.poem

jazakallahu khair for sharing...

Sahabiyaat
12-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Amazing poem

its simple to understand

hes a black revert, wants to marry someone and he knows the chances are one in a million, he interacts with the lady casually, but feels guilty all along because theres no mahrams involved and when he finds out shes taken hes sees this as Allahs punishment for whatever steps he might have taken to approach her.

its sad huh......i feel sorry for us all who want to marry and cant....lets all take out 2 mins of silence today to mourn at our crappy culture. lol.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-10-2008, 03:25 AM

Wishing I had a family, so I wouldn't have to do this conversation,
Cause even though I like her, I still feel some hesitation.

Knowing I'm a soft soul, knowledge easily get's me attached,
And to fathers across the world - a black revert isnt a good catch.

[..]

So I sit thinking, 'ya nafs its no big deal! jee!',
Just pray - wishing, 'ya rabb, thumma ardini bih!'

That brought tears to my eyes. May Allaah make it easy for you and all our revert brothers and sisters and the rest of us too. Ameen.

Umar001
12-14-2008, 10:59 AM

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Hope all is well, I was going to type this up yerstaday but the brother got to see some of your replies.

For those who want a link to the blog: bad news is that he hasn't written it up, he is still making it and apperently he is busy.

For those who want a sequel I was going to give you bad news because I didnt think he would write one about this, but keep reading...

For those of you who have been speculating madly, including my questioning: after reading all the speculation he might write one to join up to this to clarify what's happend. All this discussion on was it the knowledge was it the sister, etc.

He had said this warning/disclaimer, he wrote the above without thinking much, he had just heard about things and was a bit emotional, so the next one will probably not seem as nice as this.

br.al-Habeshi

Musaafirah
12-14-2008, 11:17 AM

Do you understand the reason why some fathers do that?

What do you think would help to stop alienation of good brothers and good sisters who may be reverts from the community?

br.al-Habeshi

To answer your question,from personal experience,
the only reason I see fathers stopping their children from marrying reverts is because of what the 'community' will think. I've seen cases where Alhamdulillah people are happily married and don't care what others think of them. Then again, it has happened that they feel the need to leave their community to stop people talking about them.
The main reason that 'some' not all fathers reject someone from a different culture is to do with them going back to their home country saying they won't understand the language...
Then there's other extremes where some parents are actively encouraging their kids to marry a revert, but not always through halaal means.
I really don't know what would stop the alienation, maybe better dialogue? What I hate is when culture takes precedence over religion, and through the passage of time gets intermingled with religion, so that people can then claim 'it's in islam.'
Sorry for having gone off on a tangent!

Also, what do you mean his next one might not be as 'nice' as this? The message? The tone?

Umar001
12-14-2008, 11:44 AM

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah

format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
To answer your question,from personal experience,
the only reason I see fathers stopping their children from marrying reverts is because of what the 'community' will think. I've seen cases where Alhamdulillah people are happily married and don't care what others think of them. Then again, it has happened that they feel the need to leave their community to stop people talking about them.
The main reason that 'some' not all fathers reject someone from a different culture is to do with them going back to their home country saying they won't understand the language...
Then there's other extremes where some parents are actively encouraging their kids to marry a revert, but not always through halaal means.
I really don't know what would stop the alienation, maybe better dialogue? What I hate is when culture takes precedence over religion, and through the passage of time gets intermingled with religion, so that people can then claim 'it's in islam.'
Sorry for having gone off on a tangent!
I think it was on this forum a brother was saying that sometimes fathers actually don't think their daughters are good enough for some 'reverts'. I.E. the reverts will be too Islamic and the daughters too cultural.

I cannot help but think that the people who lead prayers and give khutbahs should speak about this more, and get the people mixing with one another. Though that can be hard when you have 'masjid commities' bringing an imam from back home who doesn't speak english so he cant get to know the people and will only say what they tell him to.

I say the good marry the good, though some people disagree with me. I think that cure for all this would be knowledge, though, some don't want to learn.

format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Also, what do you mean his next one might not be as 'nice' as this? The message? The tone?
I think it meant that because he had an emotional trigger when he wrote the other poem it was more 'deep' some may say. Whereas now that trigger is gone.

Allah knows best what he meant.

br.al-Habeshi

TrueStranger
12-20-2008, 05:08 PM

Masha’Allah that was a moving poem.

I noticed that American reverts in a sense aren’t aware of the cultural package most immigrants carry with them. I am well aware of the fact that America is a diverse nation and that Islam teaches as that we are all equal as Muslims, but most Muslim immigrants have some cultural fear and pride which is deeply ingrained in their cultures. I personally know that there are certain men from certain backgrounds that my parents won’t accept. It is the perception of fear and pride. Fear in the sense that they don’t have enough knowledge about the other culture and that opens the door to the “what if questions”. And also pride, my daughter is too precious to settle for this man or that man. As parents they want the community as a whole to accept their son-in-law, not only their daughter. He has to be a recognizable character. A powerful connection between two families has to be made. Marriage is more than two people getting married, it is two tribes or two families getting married and you’ve to clear the field from all dissimilarities. In some cultures familiarity doesn’t breed contempt as Aesop would want as to believe.

Muhammad
12-20-2008, 06:06 PM

If I may just add a little thought that occurred to me while reading this poem, which I don't think has been mentioned above...

I don't think bad of Him, just of myself and deeds,
Woe to what my hands have earned, feels like a punishment, see.

Tried to leave my family for Islam, Christianity for Emaan,
Bible for Qur'an, it's a struggle understand...
Ultimately, destiny plays a role and just because the brother didn't get the woman he wanted doesn't necessarily mean he is cursed or a sinner. It could well be a blessing - Allaah swt, through His infinite knowledge and wisdom, may have saved the brother from something evil which was not apparent or known to him. Perhaps there is someone better for him in future. So I think he needs to have more peseverence and patience, and although the initial stages are perhaps the hardest, he needs to maintain hope and reliance in Allaah swt.

Also, I liked the wording in the last stanza :).

May Allaah (swt) help the brother, protect him, grant him patience and strength and compensate him with something much better, Aameen.

:w:

piXie
12-20-2008, 08:09 PM
:salamext:

Some people may seem knowledgeable, when infact they are not. Knowledge is not just about knowing what this madhab says and what this scholar says or what that hadith means, or being good at debating etc. Or reading a book and just quoting it. This is just a small glimpse of theoretical knowledge. Enough knowledge to set an impression but hardly any knowledge in reality.

Another thing the brother needs to remember, is that he who has no parents and family to support him, has Allaah to support him. He :arabic2: takes special care of those who leave all and revert towards His deen. He :arabic2: will find him someone better than this woman insha'Allaah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
May Allaah (swt) help the brother, protect him, grant him patience and strength and compensate him with something much better, Aameen.
Aameen.

Ansariyah
12-20-2008, 08:35 PM
That brought tears to my eyes. May Allaah make it easy for you and all our revert brothers and sisters and the rest of us too. Ameen.
Ameen ya rabal alimeen.

Atleast there is Jannah..Imagine there u can have anything u want InshaAllah.:-)

The poem has a haunting feel to it..It reminds of that hadeeth, u know the one who reminds the Ummah to not reject the righteous man for marriage or else fitnah will spread in the land?...Look at wat caused this Brotha to write such a poem, isn't this what Allah & His messenger (sa) wanted to prevent?...When will people have sense?

Intisar
12-21-2008, 01:22 AM
:sl: That was truly beautiful.

I think there are many issues that arise when one decides to marry a revert. Some sisters or brothers decide to marry reverts because they want to run away from their culture, or in some cases just have a mixed race child and have them grow up in an environment where they understand and grow more tolerant towards different cultures.

Another issue that may arise is that, as others have said before, people become way too attached to their culture. Unfortunately I fall under this category, the difference is I am not afraid to marry out of my culture I just prefer not to. As for others, it's the xeniphobia of sorts that keeps them from wanting to marry someone of a different race. They also wouldn't even mind, deep down in their hearts, marrying from a different race they're just scared of what their community will think. ''Oh sister blah blah married that brother from West Africa, I wonder why? Couldn't she find a good brother from her own background?"

Some sisters are also scared of what thir fathers will think, because they don't wanna be disobedient to their parent's wishes, so they turn down a good brother because they'd rather follow what their they papa dearest has told them to do.

Like others have said, always turn to Allaah subhana wa ta'ala always and make some major du'a inshaaAllaah as well.

Umar001
01-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Another day, another rejection,
Yet we pray, supplicate, for divine interjection.

At a section where I prefer to have no desire,
Physical or emotional for a female to admire.

What most don't understand,
Is what goes hand in hand.

See I've observed what's been said,
Hypotheses and guesses in this thread.

Most have assumed it's a combination of two,
That I craved her and her knowledge, yet none knew!

I craved not for her - nor my sadness at her loss,
Rather craved a family, and sad to see the world toss -.

Me, after all I yearned for, how can I explain what I yearn,
How can I communicate, the heart ache through which I burn?

How can I explain how bad I want a family for Eid,
To wake with others in Ramadan for Suhur.

My sadness after Jumu'ah cos I don't have any to go to?

If I was infactuated with the sister I'd be going crazy,
Only spoke about her cos I had seen her with the baby.

May Allah be pleased with her, and her family I pray,
And all the families that have left me behind that way.

What I would give to be his worker, close friend or of his khulafaa,
Leave me with no desire for a new family, for if I had a sun why wish for a star?

Or at least with his inheritors, those beloved pious scholars,
wallahi I'd be a slave to take their knowledge!

Study at home brother, some exclaim not knowing where I live!
A Mushrik home temple with statues of Jesus: Shayateen infested!

Yet I'm stuck, scared to live and scared to die,
A life all alone with not much company except for shaytan at my side.

And a death all alone, what if I'm being taken to the Throne,
Only to be rejected at the gates of the place I want as home?**

Ya Nafsi, why. When you wake you're unhappy - so just sleep,
See, that's satanic advice, shaytan love's to speak.

But you see a human being loves company,
Who else have I got to love me or at least pretend?

But many lonely hearts have wondered before me,
Missing their loved ones, so I should simply -

Move slow along the path and hope for more,
Of Ar Rahman's Mercy which I adore.

Yet being a man from the Children of Adaam,
I crave and crave for such stuff as them.

Note: **The Bro explained that this is reffering to a hadeeth wherein the disbelieving soul is taken up after the death but is rejected entry to Jannah, he said to refer to the book by Shaykh Salih Al fawzaan on Creed.

Jazaakumullahu Khayr for the person who uknowingly reminded me, I had forgotten that I had this part 2 written by the brother, I was supposed to post it for him a while back.

Sorry.

Br.al-Habeshi

IbnAbdulHakim
01-16-2009, 09:27 PM
may Allah grant him the family he yearns for

Ameen..

crayon
01-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Wow...Subhanallah.:cry:

His poems are so beautiful, mashallah. I usually don't go for most islamic poetry, but these really touch my heart.

Musaafirah
01-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow. Masha'allah.
Seriously, may Allah grant the prayers of this bro and all those in his situation.
The way the poem was written was amazing. Masha'allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.