/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assignment on Imaam Shafi'ee

Re.TiReD
12-09-2008, 09:34 PM
:salamext:

Yes I am aware that I have the whole of the web at my disposal but I was wondering if anybody knows of any good sites or has read anything interesting.

And lil tidbits of info insha'Allah?

JazakAllah khayr in advance

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
12-09-2008, 09:47 PM
:sl:
Is this for some kind of Islamic school? I don't have any answers for you, sorry, but I'm just asking what sort of assignment it is. Not many regular schools would tell you much about Imam Shafi.

Of is it for university? Anyways, conquest achieved!
:w:

Re.TiReD
12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
:wasalamex

It's for university. It's my Islamic Law module.

Lol it's ok, JazakAllah khayr for the bump!

WassalamuAlaykum

Fishman
12-09-2008, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud

It's for university. It's my Islamic Law module.

Lol it's ok, JazakAllah khayr for the bump!

WassalamuAlaykum
Ah! You didn't need to reply so fast, but thanks anyway!

CONQUEST!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-09-2008, 09:50 PM

Are you looking for interesting pieces of information about him or more like biographical data or samples of his works or his position on certain issues etc?

Re.TiReD
12-09-2008, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad

Are you looking for interesting pieces of information about him or more like biographical data or samples of his works or his position on certain issues etc?

The first and the third insha'Allah.

My assignment is title is vague....actually I dont have one :D Just write whatever. Strange assignment really.

WassalamuAlaykum

Fishman
12-09-2008, 09:54 PM

The first and the third insha'Allah.

My assignment is title is vague....actually I dont have one :D Just write whatever. Strange assignment really.

WassalamuAlaykum
Sounds difficult, but worthwile.

Re.TiReD
12-09-2008, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Sounds difficult, but worthwile.

No it's not difficult insha'Allah, just takes independant learning to a whole new level. It's my fave type of assignment, I can actually make it interesting insha'Allah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-09-2008, 10:12 PM

Check these threads:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...aams-fiqh.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/488938-post16.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/490353-post18.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...am-nubala.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-shaafiee.html

From his works, try getting your hands on a translation of his Al-Risala. Hardcore advanced book..but still amazing to read as a layman. It shows his amazing ingenuity at Islamic Law and his incredible intelligence in his depth of understanding the religion and its dynamics.

Re.TiReD
12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
JazakAllah khayr ^^

And because of you lame mureeds, I handed in the lamest assignment to date...I'm soooo annoyed at you guys, it's coz of you I got side-tracked :exhausted :raging: although I gotta admit it was funny :-[

Blahhh please make du'aa for me insha'Allah, I've just been running all over campus and have finally handed it in alhamdulillah, nearly misplaced my fone in the process too :mmokay:

Shaykh needs to sort you all out. :skeleton:

WassalamuAlaykum

Fishman
12-12-2008, 04:00 PM
JazakAllah khayr ^^

And because of you lame mureeds, I handed in the lamest assignment to date...I'm soooo annoyed at you guys, it's coz of you I got side-tracked :exhausted :raging: although I gotta admit it was funny :-[

Blahhh please make du'aa for me insha'Allah, I've just been running all over campus and have finally handed it in alhamdulillah, nearly misplaced my fone in the process too :mmokay:

Shaykh needs to sort you all out. :skeleton:

WassalamuAlaykum
Lame mureeds? What's that meant to mean, I haven't even done bayat yet?

Re.TiReD
12-12-2008, 04:53 PM

You wanna pledge Bay'ah to our very own resident lame shaykh? :mmokay: I suggest you dont.

WassalamuAlaykum

Abdu-l-Majeed
12-12-2008, 05:27 PM
@ Fishman: Aaa, another happy candidate for the happy place of a happy mureed of shaykh zAk. :D

@ Amatul-Wadud: Don't say such words about our shaykh. :p

Fishman
12-12-2008, 06:42 PM
You made Bayat to zAk? :enough!:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.