/* */

PDA

View Full Version : For IT people...how you handle this problem?

Danah
12-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Asalam Alykom Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatoh.....

I want to know how we can deal with people who are not used to use the computer technologies. I mean for the IT people who have been working in Supporting or any other IT location. How you convince other people about the re-engineering processes?

I worked for 4 months in a company as an IT supporter trainee, I was suffering when dealing with those people who are used to work manually in the past. Some of them did not seem to trust the machine over their tables. They prefer to work for hours manually rather than do things in minutes electronically especially the old aged people

some are still fear using computers or causing any problem during their use.

any thoughts or personal experience will be appreciated...

wa asalam alykom

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdu-l-Majeed
12-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Wa 'alaykumus-Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

I'm not working in that sector, but I believe that you should make a presentation or two showing something that is manually done in hours and in minutes using the PC. Also, maybe showing them that as long as they 'regularly' use the PC, they can't make a great problem.

Danah
12-13-2008, 11:02 AM
some people tend to trust more in the books and paper
may be I can do this to some but they still fear that they might cause any problem in the machine and hold the responsibility for it

Abdu-l-Majeed
12-13-2008, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
some people tend to trust more in the books and paper
may be I can do this to some but they still fear that they might cause any problem in the machine and hold the responsibility for it
Hmmm... What about telling them about the basics of security in IT systems? E.g backups, possibilities to restore what we previous had?

And when one sums up: how fast can he perform something + as long as he does only what he was said to do nothing can go wrong + tips n trick to improve security I think that would be a step forward.

I mean if they only use a text processing software they can't do much mischief. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cute123
12-13-2008, 11:11 AM
this is human tendency - resistance to change. you should go with a balance. force them and help them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.