/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "For those who preach about it are many..."

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-15-2008, 02:15 AM
:sl:

‘Umar b. ‘Abd’l-‘Azīz said:

وكتب عُمَرُ بنُ عبد العزيز إلى رجلٍ : أُوصيك بتقوى الله - عز وجل - التي لا يقبلُ غَيرَها ، ولا يَرْحَمُ إلاَّ أهلَها ، ولا يُثيبُ إلا عليها ، فإنَّ الواعظين بها كثير ، والعاملين بها قليل ، جعلنا الله وإيَّاك من المتقين

"I advise you all to have taqwā of Allah, the Almighty and Exalted – the One who doesn’t accept anything but it (taqwā), and doesn’t confer Mercy except upon its people, and does not reward except those who have it – for those who preach about it are many, and those who actually practice it few – may Allah make you and I from the people of taqwā."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*Yasmin*
12-17-2008, 10:41 AM
– for those who preach about it are many, and those who actually practice it few – may Allah make you and I from the people of taqwā."
Ameen
jazakaAllahu khyran akhy.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-17-2008, 12:51 PM
im wondering if those who practise it preach it much?

jazakAllah khair for that bro abu :)

Ansariyah
12-17-2008, 01:06 PM
O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do? Grievously hateful is it in the sight of Allah that you should say what you do not do.
[as-Saff 61:2-3.]

Do you enjoin righteousness upon mankind while you yourselves forget [to practice it]? And you are readers of the Scripture/ Have you then no sense?
[al-Baqara 2: 44.]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.