/* */

PDA

View Full Version : LI Photography Contest - Ideas, Suggestions etc. etc. !

Güven
12-15-2008, 05:29 PM
:salamext:

Time for the next Contest of this year InshaAllah !
Ive seen Amazing Talents in LI MashaAllah!
As suggested by some members :

Photography Contest!

So bring up the ideas and suggestions InshaAllah !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Soulja Girl
12-15-2008, 05:30 PM
:sl:

Awesome idea... :thumbs_up

:w:

Cabdullahi
12-15-2008, 05:33 PM
cool......my suggestion would be a photo submission and an one compact sentence to help boost what the image conveys or shows

Güven
12-15-2008, 05:34 PM
^Good idea ...How much time limit can the participants have ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
12-15-2008, 05:35 PM
uve all seen my best photography..will this contest be anonymous?...because that wud mean I won't enter. I haven't taken any recent pics lately. It wud be nice if we cud keep it open without being anonymous, dunno how that wud work tho:-[

Faith.
12-15-2008, 05:35 PM
cool......my suggestion would be a photo submission and an one compact sentence to help boost what the image conveys or shows

Cabdullahi
12-15-2008, 05:36 PM
my photography is pants but ill just enter or perhaps i could be a judge inshallah

Güven
12-15-2008, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
uve all seen my best photography..will this contest be anonymous?...because that wud mean I won't enter. I haven't taken any recent pics lately. It wud be nice if we cud keep it open without being anonymous, dunno how that wud work tho:-[

I think we should do a voting system like the poetry contest

The eyes would be the judge :D

well if we dont do it anonymous , the votings would probably be messed up (friends etc. ) you know what i mean....

Cabdullahi
12-15-2008, 05:39 PM
and the other thing is its unfair because some posh kids have state of the art equipment and others have to just make do with wack mobile phones that take grainy pics

Cabdullahi
12-15-2008, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
I think we should do a voting system like the poetry contest

The eyes would be the judge :D

well if we dont do it anonymous , the votings would probably be messed up (friends etc. ) you know what i mean....
even with anonymous ....i have a feeling friends got involved with previous contests but allahualem

Cabdullahi
12-15-2008, 05:42 PM
and another thing we have to look out for is piracy ppl might be inclined to just go to google and cheat

Güven
12-15-2008, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
and the other thing is its unfair because some posh kids have state of the art equipment and others have to just make do with wack mobile phones that take grainy pics
If you can get a shot wich is Beautiful ...I think it wont matter if the Quality is good or not dont you think ?

even with anonymous ....i have a feeling friends got involved with previous contests but allahualem
They will get disqualified by ME :D

Güven
12-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Or should we use the Judge system ?

Ansariyah
12-15-2008, 05:46 PM
ok why won't we only let admins/supermods vote..that way friends cnt vote n we can keep it without anonymous.:-[

Ansariyah
12-15-2008, 05:47 PM
me too..Allahu Allam.

Woodrow
12-15-2008, 05:48 PM

For this I suggest the entries not be anonymous. The reason being some of the best pictures may have already been posted on a thread.

For this I suggest we have a panel of anonymous judges. I will volunteer to coordinate the Judges. One rule being a judge can not enter and will remain anonymous.

Anyone wishing to be a judge please PM me.

Cabdullahi
12-15-2008, 05:50 PM
alhamdulilah if we get uncle woody to be the chairman then inshallah it will go smoothly better than the other comps

The Ruler
12-15-2008, 05:55 PM
If you can get a shot wich is Beautiful ...I think it wont matter if the Quality is good or not dont you think ?
It will. Because a poor camera with poor resolution will give a grainy picture; purple fringing, blurriness etc.

Soulja Girl
12-15-2008, 05:56 PM

and another thing we have to look out for is piracy ppl might be inclined to just go to google and cheat
^Why would peeps stoop so low and do somefin like that? :hmm:

Ansariyah
12-15-2008, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

For this I suggest the entries not be anonymous. The reason being some of the best pictures may have already been posted on a thread.

For this I suggest we have a panel of anonymous judges. I will volunteer to coordinate the Judges. One rule being a judge can not enter and will remain anonymous.

Alhamdulilah this is so coool wow..
thanks uncle woodrow!!

after ur post I might enter contest after all.

:sunny:

Danah
12-15-2008, 05:58 PM
awesome idea....:)

but how many pictures the one need to send? only one?

and do you allow any editing to the picture, like add some lighting?
or it should be raw as its taken?

Cabdullahi
12-15-2008, 05:58 PM
^Why would peeps stoop so low and do somefin like that?

ppl are like that^

crayon
12-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Shouldn't there be some sort of theme?

Na7lah
12-15-2008, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
i say there should be :thumbs_up

Güven
12-15-2008, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
awesome idea....:)

but how many pictures the one need to send? only one?

and do you allow any editing to the picture, like add some lighting?
or it should be raw as its taken?
I think it should be just RAW cause some members could have problems with editing and all that.

Güven
12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Good idea .....WINTER maybe ?

Ansariyah
12-15-2008, 06:06 PM
I think we shud be able to post anything aslong it's nothing against the forum rules..Summery/Winter that choice shud be up to us?

Cabdullahi
12-15-2008, 06:08 PM
i think a serious of 3 pictures for each person and the a score out of 10 will be given for each picture and then when you add up the score the winner will be known

for example i post three pics........1st pic i get 7.5/10.. ...... 2nd pic 6/10.....3rd 3/10 .in total i get 16.5

The Ruler
12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Good idea .....WINTER maybe ?
What about those who are at the other end of the world and are facing summer right now?

Plus setting a theme would be a bit difficult. If the theme's sea, not many of us live near one. I know that's a little exaggerated, but that's what persuasion is all about.

Ansariyah
12-15-2008, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
What about those who are at the other end of the world and are facing summer right now?

Plus setting a theme would be a bit difficult. If the theme's sea, not many of us live near one. I know that's a little exaggerated, but that's what persuasion is all about.
Good point...:thumbs_up

Güven
12-15-2008, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler

I think we shud be able to post anything aslong it's nothing against the forum rules..Summery/Winter that choice shud be up to us?
ok? :thumbs_up

crayon
12-15-2008, 06:12 PM
i think a serious of 3 pictures for each person and the a score out of 10 will be given for each picture and then when you add up the score the winner will be known

for example i post three pics........1st pic i get 7.5/10.. ...... 2nd pic 6/10.....3rd 3/10 .in total i get 16.5
Yup, good idea.

A theme would have to be something accessible to everyone, perhaps a concept, such as "hope", or something like that. It may make things harder though, but it could also get people to get their creative cap on, and think of something, instead of just taking pictures of pretty things, like flowers or sunsets..

Maybe we should keep it simple and theme-less this time, then go a bit further next time (if it works well this time)?

Güven
12-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Yup, good idea.

A theme would have to be something accessible to everyone, perhaps a concept, such as "hope", or something like that. It may make things harder though, but it could also get people to get their creative cap on, and think of something, instead of just taking pictures of pretty things, like flowers or sunsets..

Maybe we should keep it simple and theme-less this time, then go a bit further next time (if it works well this time)?
good idea!

And you should be a judge or else we are "hopeLESS" :exhausted

Danah
12-15-2008, 06:34 PM
so when the contest will begin?

Cabdullahi
12-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Yup, good idea.

cool ...what if we judge ppl on......'good angles chosen'......'relevence to the theme' 'and other photographic skills that complement the submitted pics'

three variables that would evidently and justly make the best photographer the deserved winner

but we need a judge that knows their stuff and there's only one person :( and i take it they wont to join the compo to thwart us all with a high class nikon camera :(

Woodrow
12-15-2008, 06:38 PM
We now have some judges. I am keeping the judges anonymous even from each other. Only myself and one judge will know the identity of all of the judges.

I will not be a judge myself, but will be certain that the judges selected are impartial and do not submit entries themselves.

I will also be checking each submission to verify it is the work of the poster and not from a google search.

Hopefully we will have all the rules sorted out within a day or two and then the contest can begin.

I do need at least 2 more judges.

Woodrow
12-15-2008, 07:01 PM
I believe we should have 5 categories:

Landscapes
Seascapes
Close ups
Nature
Plants and Flowers

Each contestant is permitted to enter no more then one picture in each category. A picture may be entered in only one category, so choose your category wisely for your entry. The winners will be best in category and a grand winner of best in show.

Judging will be based on:

Relevance to Islam
choice of subject
Appropriateness of Title
Composition

Please add your suggestions for what you believe should be included in the Rules.

Whatsthepoint
12-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Where's that guy with an $8000 camera? He should be the judge.

Güven
12-15-2008, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Where's that guy with an $8000 camera? He should be the judge.
You mean MKE brother ? hes been missing...

omg $8000 :eek:

Ansariyah
12-15-2008, 07:08 PM

Landscapes
Seascapes
Close ups
Nature
Plants and Flowers

Each contestant is permitted to enter no more then one picture in each category. A picture may be entered in only one category, so choose your category wisely for your entry. The winners will be best in category and a grand winner of best in show.

Relevance to Islam
choice of subject
Appropriateness of Title
Composition

Please add your suggestions for what you believe should be included in the Rules.
Do we have to post pics of all 5 categories? 5 pics in total?

Whatsthepoint
12-15-2008, 07:10 PM
You mean MKE brother ? hes been missing...

omg $8000 :eek:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...tml#post965103

Whatsthepoint
12-15-2008, 07:11 PM

Relevance to Islam
choice of subject
Appropriateness of Title
Composition
That's discrimination.

Cabdullahi
instead of seascapes i would replace it with busy city life shots for example

Woodrow
Do we have to post pics of all 5 categories? 5 pics in total?
The maximum is 5 per contestant, one in each category. A person may enter just one picture or any number up to five. No more then 1 picture per category.

Woodrow
12-15-2008, 07:14 PM
instead of seascapes i would replace it with busy city life shots for example

Good suggestion. That needs to be a seperate category, so we now have 6 categories.

Landscapes
Seascapes
Close ups
Nature
Plants and Flowers
City Scenes

Ansariyah
12-15-2008, 07:16 PM
The maximum is 5 per contestant, one in each category. A person may enter just one picture or any number up to five. No more then 1 picture per category.
so we can chose one category, 1 picture?

basically one pic is fine is it? sorry lol

Woodrow
12-15-2008, 07:22 PM
That's discrimination.
Of course it is. You may find this hard to believe, but one of our purposes is to promote Islam.

Discriminating yes, unfair? No, as all members can enter. An entry may not necessarily be Islamic but in some categories and with an appropriate title the entry can still promote Islam.

For example an atheist could enter a fantastic Sunset and title it something like:

The wonder of the universe

We as Muslims would see that as promoting Islam by showing the beauty of creation, while a non-Muslim would see it as something else.

It is the work that will be judged, not the photographer.

Woodrow
12-15-2008, 07:26 PM
so we can chose one category, 1 picture?

basically one pic is fine is it? sorry lol
No, a person can enter all categories, but only one picture per category.

The Ruler
12-15-2008, 07:27 PM
But six pictures in total?

unknown_JJ
12-15-2008, 07:28 PM

Landscapes
Seascapes
Close ups
Nature
Plants and Flowers

Relevance to Islam
choice of subject
Appropriateness of Title
Composition

siiiiiiiiiik :D

seascape? who livs near seas? I live near a river, Yu can't c it coz ders no water in it :X

Cabdullahi
12-15-2008, 07:28 PM
uncle woodrow......the soon to be maniac photographers might have a problem with the seascape category

Ansariyah
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
ok, Im sorry, bt so far we know wat we can, but wat "must"? we?

like..one pic is enuff..or more is must?:-[

sorry for asking so many questions uncle woodrow.

Muezzin
12-15-2008, 07:36 PM

You can enter one picture per category.

You might choose to only enter one category, so in that case, you would enter one picture.

If you choose to enter more than one category, you can enter one picture in each of the additional categories. :)

Woodrow
12-15-2008, 07:42 PM

There will be many questions before the contest begins.

At the moment there are only a few musts to enter.

1. You must enter at least one picture in a category of your choice

2. You must have a title for your entry

Woodrow
12-15-2008, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

You might choose to only enter one category, so in that case, you would enter one picture.

If you choose to enter more than one category, you can enter one picture in each of the additional categories. :)
Correct, you said it better then I did.

Güven
12-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Isnt Nature the same as Plants , flowers and land- and seascapes ?

The Ruler
12-15-2008, 07:45 PM
I think the minimum number of pictures entered should be 3 (for 3 different catagories) since I quite like the idea of J.U.N.I.O.R of rating each picture and then giving an average score.

unknown_JJ
12-15-2008, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Woodrow
12-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Isnt Nature the same as Plants , flowers and land- and seascapes ?
It depends on the viewpoint of the photographer. If my wife were to enter she would enter a picture horses and simply label it "Horses in the evening" and enter it under Nature. While I would take the same picture and title it "South Dakota Morning" and enter it as a landscape.

~Taalibah~
12-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Great idea! I'm up for this one.

north_malaysian
12-16-2008, 12:36 PM
I have uno question...

The pics that we want to put for the competition must be a new pic or can we put pics that we've downloaded on those images threads before?

Can we have a "building" (ie. mosque, house, historical building) category too?

crayon
12-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Landscapes
Seascapes
Close ups
Nature
Plants and Flowers
Perhaps the categories should be more general, so they can be more applicable to everyone? Not everyone lives by the sea for the seascape, and there should also be a category for those who live in the city and can't submit proper landscape shots.
Also, any decent close ups would need a good camera, so I'm not sure if that one would work too well, if some people are going to be using mobiles for picture taking?

I'm thinking something like

Landscapes ( um, landscapes)
Urban (this would be city shots/buildings/etc.)
Water (could be sea, ocean, lake, or even simply "water")
Nature (plants and flowers come under this)
A concept (hope/joy/peace/etc.)

What do you people think?

As for the scoring, I would say each judge gives each picture a score, and the final pictures score is the average of all the votes, right?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-16-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm thinking something like

Landscapes ( um, landscapes)

I like this idea, it keeps it general and more open to different types of creative submissions. But just to put it out there, can't we have a simple theme? Something abstract like 'life', 'death', 'hope', 'peace' etc? It opens a number of possibilities and can really get everyone to be more creative?

Also, is photo manipulation allowed? Minor manipulation like burning, dodging etc?

So if I understood it correctly, contestants enter 1 picture under each category [do they have to?] and the score of each of their pictures is averaged and the contestant w/ the highest average wins? Sounds good to me, but I'm wondering if public polling ought to play a role as well?

To put it out there again, here's how judging was done by the National Geographic International Photography contest:
Contest consists of one (1) round of evaluation for each Category. A panel of National Geographic experts ("Judges") will evaluate all eligible entries based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"): (1) Creativity 50%; (2) Photographic quality 50%. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be resubmitted to the Judges for a rejudging between the tied entries alone. In the event that a tie remains after the rejudging, the entry with the highest score in the creativity criteria will be declared the winner.
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ph...national-rules

Yanal
12-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Is there going to be a theme?

crayon
12-16-2008, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad

I like this idea, it keeps it general and more open to different types of creative submissions. But just to put it out there, can't we have a simple theme? Something abstract like 'life', 'death', 'hope', 'peace' etc? It opens a number of possibilities and can really get everyone to be more creative?

Also, is photo manipulation allowed? Minor manipulation like burning, dodging etc?

So if I understood it correctly, contestants enter 1 picture under each category [do they have to?] and the score of each of their pictures is averaged and the contestant w/ the highest average wins? Sounds good to me, but I'm wondering if public polling ought to play a role as well?

To put it out there again, here's how judging was done by the National Geographic International Photography contest:
Contest consists of one (1) round of evaluation for each Category. A panel of National Geographic experts ("Judges") will evaluate all eligible entries based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"): (1) Creativity 50%; (2) Photographic quality 50%. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be resubmitted to the Judges for a rejudging between the tied entries alone. In the event that a tie remains after the rejudging, the entry with the highest score in the creativity criteria will be declared the winner.
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ph...national-rules
Wa alaykum asalam,

I did put down an abstract theme, the last one, "conceptual". The specific one could be chosen easily once we decide on the categories. The reason you mentioned is the reason I wanted it up there, because it will get people thinking about the photo rather than just clicking a button.

As for photo manip, I would think it should be allowed, but i'm not sure if that would give people who have image editing software, and know how to use it, an unfair advantage.. but i guess having a good camera would also be a sort of advantage. So I'm not too sure...

There are several different categories, and you can enter in just one of them, or all of them, but only 1 photo per category. So say we decide on 5 categories, the maximum amount of submitted photos will be 5, one in each category. As I understood, you don't HAVE to enter in each one. There will be a winner in every category, and an overall winner for the best picture.

Yanal- There's more than one "theme", that's the categories we're talking about, either landscape, water, etc. :)

Woodrow
12-16-2008, 06:28 PM

I believe Sister Crayon has worded the categories better. Here are her suggestions. With some minor modifications and additions

Landscapes ( Out door scenery, in which natural formations is the dominant feature)

Architecture (Individual buildings, bridges, roads, towers etc are the dominant feature)

Unclassified (anything that does not seem to fit any of the above)

For Rules:

1. You may enter as few as one picture or as many as you desire. But only a maximum of one picture in each category. Each picture may be entered only once. (The same picture can not be entered in over one category)

2. The contestant decides what category their picture should be entered under

3. Each entry must be titled

4. The entry must be the contestant's original work

5. No pictures of living beings (This needs to be clarified further)

6. No photo enhancement allowed except for cropping and minor color correction

7. The judges will remain anonymous except to myself and one judge.

8. Judges will not be permitted to enter

The judging will be as follows:

Each judge will give a score of 1 to 5 points for each picture. The scores will be added and the picture with the highest score will win for that category.

There will be a "Best in Category" for each category.

From the winning picture in each category, The one with the highest overall score will win "Best in Show"

After the judges reach a decision but before the results are made public, all members will be able to vote on an open thread, but that score will not be used unless the Judges are stuck in a tie. There will be a separate winner of "The Member's Choice", which may or may not agree with the judges choice of "Best in Show"

Scoring will be based upon the criteria mentioned in an earlier post.

Ansariyah
12-16-2008, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I have uno question...

The pics that we want to put for the competition must be a new pic or can we put pics that we've downloaded on those images threads before?

Can we have a "building" (ie. mosque, house, historical building) category too?
That Question was answered, Wen I asked.

Güven
12-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Here is the official entry thread , I made it sticky btw

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ry-thread.html

Do we need a banner ?

Woodrow
12-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Here is the official entry thread , I made it sticky btw

Do we need a banner ?
Jazakallahu Khayran Akhi

A banner would be nice. Good suggestion.

Let us see if somebody wants to make one.

unknown_JJ
12-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Jazakallahu Khayran Akhi

A banner would be nice. Good suggestion.

Let us see if somebody wants to make one.
I think Saifur-Rahmaan volunteered. :X

Sorry! But I dun want a ugly wan goin up, bad nuff havin dodgy ads!!

north_malaysian
12-17-2008, 01:37 AM
That Question was answered, Wen I asked.
sorry.... I missed it... :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-18-2008, 12:14 AM

So who's entering?

Yanal
12-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Can I judge?

MKE Brother
12-18-2008, 02:09 AM
Question regarding this;

No photo enhancement allowed except for cropping and minor color correction
If I have a shot where I had a filter on my lens, does that disqualify it? I am thinking of a sunrise picture I took where I used my fall foliage intensifying filter to bring the oranges and reds of the sunrise out.

BlissfullyJaded
12-18-2008, 02:13 AM

Coooool! Mayyybe I'll enter.

Woodrow
12-18-2008, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MKE Brother
Question regarding this;

If I have a shot where I had a filter on my lens, does that disqualify it? I am thinking of a sunrise picture I took where I used my fall foliage intensifying filter to bring the oranges and reds of the sunrise out.
I consider use of filters as color correction. The rule is intended to keep contestants from using elaborate editing software, such as photo-shop etc.

MKE Brother
12-18-2008, 02:18 AM
I consider use of filters as color correction. The rule is intended to keep contestants from using elaborate editing software, such as photo-shop etc.
Understood. I have some from the morning without the filter that I should be able to pick one out of.

MKE Brother
12-18-2008, 02:51 AM
OK, I kicked it off in there, lets get some more of your fine pictures in there!

Yanal
12-18-2008, 02:57 AM
I have a question , do the users(us) post our OWN pictures or can get it from google?

Na7lah
12-18-2008, 02:59 AM
thier own

Yanal
12-18-2008, 03:04 AM
How can u tell if it's not there's.

MKE Brother
12-18-2008, 03:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
That can be tough. The greatest reason not to is that if people go out to the web and find a nice photo to submit that means that anybody might run across that photo and expose them as a fraud.

There also maybe whats called exif data in the picture that we can pull info from.

Güven
12-21-2008, 04:06 PM
:bump:

Deadline January 16 !

:wasalamex

Re.TiReD
12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

May the participants enter images that have already been posted in the photography thread?

WassalamuAlaykum

Güven
12-21-2008, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
AssalamuAlaykum

May the participants enter images that have already been posted in the photography thread?

WassalamuAlaykum
:salamext:

yes

Re.TiReD
12-21-2008, 05:18 PM

JazakAllah khayr.

Woodrow
12-22-2008, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
It is usually very easy to trace the origin of any picture to it's source. even if it has been copied and uploaded to another image host. That is one reason I get picky over copy right violations when I see them.

north_malaysian
12-26-2008, 12:48 AM
:bump:

Deadline January 16 !

in which thread shud i post those photos?

Güven
12-26-2008, 12:52 AM

Woodrow
12-26-2008, 12:55 AM

The stickey up in the top section of "Creative Writing and Art"

Ansariyah
12-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Can we pls post pics of Animals we took as well?

Güven
12-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Rules:

1. You may enter as few as one picture or as many as you desire. But only a maximum of one picture in each category. Each picture may be entered only once. (The same picture can not be entered in over one category)

5. No pictures of living beings except plants or unavoidable animals (ie a bird flies in front of a tree you are taking a picture of) (This will be clarified further)

8. Judges are not permitted to enter

9. This Thread will be closed on Jan. 16 and no further entries accepted after that.

10. Judging will be completed by Jan. 23

Lets see what uncle Woodrow says about this InshaAllah.

Ansariyah
12-27-2008, 07:48 PM
^ owkey tnx bro, InshaAllah I will wait for uncle woodrow

One suggestion:

Can u pls make something that says that people can't save our pics....Without our permission. Perhaps a sticky?

Thanks.

Güven
12-27-2008, 07:53 PM
you mean copyright? ...orsomething

Ansariyah
12-27-2008, 07:57 PM
^Yes...

Far7an
12-27-2008, 09:43 PM
^Yes...
I guess a polite note could be made to prevent users from doing so, but to make it officially copyright.. see here. If you live outside the UK, you can use the neccassary provisions in your country.

BlissfullyJaded
12-27-2008, 10:58 PM

You could put a watermark on your pictures, if you have Photoshop or some other graphics editing program, that way anybody who takes them will be forced to use it as is and if they want the original they'll have to ask for it...

Woodrow
12-27-2008, 11:22 PM
I think it should be mentioned, it will be virtually impossible to keep any non-member from snagging any pictures if they desire to. Keep in mind this is a public form and every minute many guests and "Search engine" spiders are viewing what is here. I am certain the members will all keep from using any pictures without permission. But, we do not know anything about any non-members who stop in to look around.

MKE Brother
12-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Yes, impossible to stop people from snagging pics. As stated, a watermark can be used but beyond that not much else. I have many of my photos on the web in places, we just have to deal with it.

~Taalibah~
12-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Also, If the animals features arent distinct?
Like a field of birds?

Lets see what uncle Woodrow says about this InshaAllah.

Woodrow
12-28-2008, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha

Also, If the animals features arent distinct?
Like a field of birds?

This will have to be a judgment call of each judge. If a judge feels that the purpose of the picture, is to show the birds, I believe most of the judges will deduct points.

Ansariyah
01-05-2009, 10:07 PM

This will have to be a judgment call of each judge. If a judge feels that the purpose of the picture, is to show the birds, I believe most of the judges will deduct points.
ok..so if doves fly into pic (birds) bt pic shows more then jst the birds, its all good then?

Woodrow
01-06-2009, 12:11 PM
ok..so if doves fly into pic (birds) bt pic shows more then jst the birds, its all good then?

I would not see that as a reason to not allow the picture. However, keep in mind each judge will decide if it is appropriate or not and I am not one of the judges.

The judges are all anonymous, but I believe they are all qualified to judge each picture on the basis of aesthetic value and if it is halal.

Whatsthepoint
01-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Why are animals not allowed anyway?

Re.TiReD
01-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Teh rules :shade:

Rules:

5. No pictures of living beings except plants or unavoidable animals (ie a bird flies in front of a tree you are taking a picture of) (This will be clarified further)

8. Judges are not permitted to enter

9. This Thread will be closed on Jan. 16 and no further entries accepted after that.

10. Judging will be completed by Jan. 23

crayon
01-06-2009, 01:34 PM
There's a difference in opinion on whether the photographing of living souls (humans&animals) is haram or not, so best be on the safe side with this competition.

بنــuaeــت
01-10-2009, 08:06 PM
I have some photos of my trip to Malaysia

I will here and developer of the subject

Good

Woodrow
01-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Attention Judges. Please report to the judging Booth. The judging is in progress and not all judges have returned to the judges forum

Güven
01-22-2009, 07:08 PM
tomorrow last day for the judges inshaAllah !

~Taalibah~
01-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Yeaaah!lol

north_malaysian
01-23-2009, 07:13 AM
i already knew that i wont win in any category... other peeps' photos are simply marvellous...... but it's a good thing..at least I'm competing.. :D

Güven
01-23-2009, 05:38 PM
sooo......did i missed the thread or are the judges not ready yet ? :X

~Taalibah~
01-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Maybe they're going to open it tomorrow. As it is their last day to day. :hmm:

Woodrow
01-25-2009, 05:12 PM
I think I have to re contact the judges. Only one of them has voted so far. I am fixing to email all of them from the judges private forum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.