/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i have no clue wat it mean... NEED HELP INFO!!!

arabianprincess
12-15-2008, 09:47 PM
im takin this Islamic history class and i couldnt find any info online for the words
Marmakids

11-Khan

so plz if anyone have any idea . or info ... anything .. that would be grt

2-second Q is an essay that i need to write about .....so i just didnt understand the last part of it .. so if anyone can explain it to me that would be grt and get me some info thanks and i appreciate it....

essay
Decentralization of authority was significant issue in Islamic history especially during the Abbasid dynasty. please discuss how decentralization led to both the fall of Baghdad in 1258 . and the same time , the preservation of the Islamic world subsequent to the sacking of the Abbasid captial

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
12-15-2008, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabianprincess
im takin this Islamic history class and i couldnt find any info online for the words
Marmakids

11-Khan

so plz if anyone have any idea . or info ... anything .. that would be grt

2-second Q is an essay that i need to write about .....so i just didnt understand the last part of it .. so if anyone can explain it to me that would be grt and get me some info thanks and i appreciate it....

essay
Decentralization of authority was significant issue in Islamic history especially during the Abbasid dynasty. please discuss how decentralization led to both the fall of Baghdad in 1258 . and the same time , the preservation of the Islamic world subsequent to the sacking of the Abbasid captial
:sl:
No idea who the Marmakids were.

Some very basic info on the Il-Khanate:
The Il-Khanate was the Mongol Khanate that existed in Persia (modern day Iran) after the Mongols invaded the region. They attacked Iraq and destroyed Baghdad completely, ending the Abbasid dynasty, and with it the last of the Arab Caliphates.

They went on to conquer much of the Holy Land, before being defeated by Mamluke Egypt.

As for the essay, I think they are asking you how the Islamic world remained, well, Islamic, after the Il-Khanate destroyed Baghdad. Perhaps about how the Mongols were driven out, how the Crusades were stopped etc, maybe even the Reconquista in Spain.

Looks like an interesting course. I would like to take history actually, but unfortunately I'm not a great historian, I just like learning about history from people who are historians. So I just got mediocre grades in my GCSE history test, a C. In my mocks I got even worse.
:w:

arabianprincess
12-16-2008, 01:28 AM
welll thanxs :) alot i honestly dont think that word exist marmakids ? so weird.

Woodrow
12-16-2008, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabianprincess
welll thanxs :) alot i honestly dont think that word exist marmakids ? so weird.
Are you certain that is the correct spelling? I recall hearing something similar at one time, but it was more like Marmak Ades or something that sounded like that.

Marmak is a Hungarian family surname. I believe it is Magyar in origin. the Magyar were related to the Huns and Khans. I suspect the word has something to do with the Marmak family line.

Perhaps Marmak Kids is what is meant?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.