/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a short story...no title...

Ummu Sufyaan
12-16-2008, 09:41 AM
:sl:

She freaked the moment her eyes fell on it. 'What was the world coming to,' she thought. Left right and center, the world opened its doors of corruption before her and day by day her fight was becoming more tiring, and more weakened. Her senses were becoming more desensitized to the filth that the world was throwing at her.

Suddenly she felt estranged and scared. Everything to her was becoming weird and abnormal. It was as if she was in a lions dens; trapped with nowhere to escape to. No window, no door, she had no path to flee, and now the lions were coming for her, ready to tear her into pieces. Their canines glistering, boasting the appetite they possessed from within.

She knew she had to run and escape, but she had nowhere to go.

She had enough, this was her last straw. Her frustration and anxiety finally exploded from deep within her. She suddenly felt herself run. Her feet overlapping on another in a rhythmic stride, as if they were in race.
Her heart was pounding. Gasping for air, she stopped and sat, trying to catch her breath. Dhe looked around at her surroundings, and breathed a sigh of relief when she realized she had stopped in front of the Masjid

She began to make her way inside, when she suddenly stopped. She had heard a voice. A melodious voice filling the Masjid with the recitation of the Holy Quran. She leaned on the nearest pillar for support, as her heart numbed and melted to the Qaaris recitation of Surat Qaaf.

Her heart succumb to the words of her Lord. Mixed with the Qaris Tajweed, her heart strings where pulled. The Qaris recitation controlling them smoothly with every tune as if it were a puppet. With every pronunciation and tune, they left their traces moving and shifting her heart uncontrollably. Nay, the recitation penetrated her soul, mildly "anesthesising" her.

Tears began pouring from her eyes, as the tunes soothed her soul and calmed her nerves.

In a split second, her worries were released as she slipped into the realm of comfort, as she slipped into the realm of the Remembrance of Allah.

It was just what she needed for the world was becoming too much for her, locking her in, suffocating her, numbing her senses, blocking them form every reality. And now she had inhaled a breath of fresh air, filling and warming her soul to its core.

Her mind body and soul were engrossed as she released her worries to Allah, realizing that none and nothing can truly aid or comfort her, except Him.
--------

abit lame, i know:-[:-[:-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
12-16-2008, 07:59 PM
:ooh:

Musaafirah
12-16-2008, 08:32 PM
This stories cool.
Maybe we should have more people adding stories! (Sorry, am not a poemy person, I like reading stories better.)

Ummu Sufyaan
12-17-2008, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
:ooh:
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
This stories cool.
Maybe we should have more people adding stories! (Sorry, am not a poemy person, I like reading stories better.)
thanks you's :D

@ sis Musaafir...yh im writing up a story atm, dunno when ill finish it--->having writers block:exhausted :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
paulie
12-21-2008, 04:53 AM
Very cool, I liked it.... I have a quick question, I know that we will never know what she saw, but what were you picturing as you wrote about what she saw?

Ummu Sufyaan
12-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Thanks

I didnt picture anything...it was just something to start the story off...i just made it something which she made her feel insecure and scared...just to fit in with the plot...

paulie
12-21-2008, 01:01 PM
ah, ok... I write a different way than you do. I always have some event in mind when I do something like that I would of imagined like, a murder, and she was running away from it, but then she found comfort... I like how you leave the opening, well, open. haha

Ummu Sufyaan
02-26-2009, 09:59 AM
*bump...

cute123
02-26-2009, 10:42 AM
jazakallah sis, accidentally i stumbled upon this thread. after all office frustrations i think i needed this break this reminder. jazakallah once more.

sepecifically the line -
"The Qaris recitation controlling them smoothly with every tune as if it were a puppet."

Yanal
03-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Very good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.