/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pausing for Confession

IslamDawn
12-17-2008, 06:11 PM
The Elementary Pause of Repentance
Written By: Sheikh Hany Hilmy

Indeed all praise belongs to Allah, we praise Him, seek His aid and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allah from the evil of our souls and evil of our actions. Whomsoever Allah guides there is none to misguide and whomsoever Allah misguides there is none to guide him. I bear witness that there is no deity except Allah without any partners and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger.

O Allah send Your Mercy on Muhammad and his posterity as You sent Your mercy on Abraham and his posterity. You are the Most Praised, The Most Glorious. O Allah, send Your Blessings on Muhammad and his posterity as You have blessed Abraham and his posterity. You are the Most praised, The Most Glorious.

To Proceed,

Now as we approach the closure of this year .. at the end you must have a pause ..a pause of amendment .. a pause of accountability.. to learn what is your position in relation to Allah!!

Are you advancing or stumbling behind? .. Is your balance increasing or decreasing? What is your position in regard to Allah, servant of Allah?

A believer should have pauses of accountabilities blaming himself ..

Pauses to admonish himself.. And keep it accountable and under close watch..

If it went astray, you sentence a punishment.

Normally when there is a race, as soon as horses reach the end.. they work to their full capacity ..

This is the basic tool to manage our deeds ..

What matters is the closure..so monitor how your year will end!

You must know that the renewed job of a lifetime.. is the job of repentance. Allah all Mighty ordered us to repent: {And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful} An-Noor:31

The prophet peace and blessings be upon him used to repent and ask for Allah's forgiveness a hundred times a day. Here we have a pause, Repentance is one thing and asking for Forgiveness is another thing: {Seek the forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him in repentance} Hud:3

This shows that there is a difference between repentance and asking for Allah's forgiveness.

The servant of Allah needs quality time asking for Allah's forgiveness so that Allah will cover his fault. That is the truth about asking for Forgiveness.. It is the procedure of asking Allah to cover faults..

The Second phase, after the phase of repentance, is seeking the erasing of sins. Sins would disappear without any trace or smudge in the heart. The prophet peace and blessings be upon him used to ask Allah for forgiveness as well as repent not only by mass numbers of supplications "I ask Allah for forgiveness". On the Contrary, he used to watch his heart and feel each supplication move his soul. He used to renew Repentance a hundred times a day.

Consequently the job of a life time we are all asked to perform, that is regarded as the elementary step on the way to Repentance is Confession.

You may feel like justifying yourself:

" I admit my sins, I am in debt to Allah, I am a sinner."

But you find in your heart some excuses to your position. Your excuses may include:

"O what can I do? The world makes us forget . .What do we do, should we forget about our children and wives? Should we forget about our work? Should our life be confined to living in Mosques until Allah is pleased? This is not our religion, so what should I do. All the previous reasons make me forget. Another, would say I am young and I need to marry in this era that's full of desires.

My eyes always fall on what's abstained thus finding myself dwelling in sins. What should I do? I am a young man and I can't afford marriage expenses. Another would say I don't work a job that keeps me living moderately. So what should I do? Sometimes I sin and another can't find money ... and another and another "...

All these justifications are only hangers we place between us and Allah. As much as these justifications increase, your repentance will never work. You are not admitting real confessions. You are saying: I am a sinner, but what can I do? This sin was out of my control. I didn't want to dwell into sins.

So what made you fall in them? Who was the reason? Was Allah unjust to you? You will reply no never Allah is never unjust ..

But your heart has a mustard seed of hidden disapproval..

You would say in your subconscious why didn't Allah give me money? Why didn't He give me a wife? Why did He make me in such a social standard? Why didn't He make it easier for me to worship Him?

This is where danger lurks ... We are not pleased with our destiny.. that's why the prophet peace and blessings be upon him said: The one who tasted the sweetness of belief.....

Did you taste it?

The one who tastes the sweetness of belief is the one who is pleased with Allah as his God .. and Islam as his religion .. and Muhammad peace and blessings be upon him as his prophet.

This is the Elementary pausing for Confession..

Source:
Pausing for Confession, written by Sheikh Hany Hilmy

www.manhag.net

To be Continued ... Pausing for Confession

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
12-18-2008, 10:40 AM
:bump1:

JazakAllahu khayran for sharing.

themuffinman
12-19-2008, 02:50 PM
this is why i love this board. i learn something new everyday! may allah save us all from dissaproval in what he has ordained for us. we should look at even callamitties or hardships as a blessing that we remember allah and we should thank him for the good times. inna ma'al usri yusrah wa'inna ma'al usri yusrah ( with hardship there is also ease)

Niyya Safya
12-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Subhan Allah:
"...My eyes always fall on what's abstained thus finding myself dwelling in sins. What should I do? I am a young man and I can't afford marriage expenses. Another would say I don't work a job that keeps me living moderately. So what should I do? Sometimes I sin and another can't find money ... and another and another "...

All these justifications are only hangers we place between us and Allah. As much as these justifications increase, your repentance will never work. You are not admitting real confessions. You are saying: I am a sinner, but what can I do? This sin was out of my control. I didn't want to dwell into sins.

So what made you fall in them? Who was the reason? Was Allah unjust to you? You will reply no never Allah is never unjust ..

But your heart has a mustard seed of hidden disapproval.."

So true. I never thought more about a confession than what's on the surface. This realization is the advice to give. It's getting to the root of the problem of complaining and sinning over and over - if that makes any sense. This is what we have to concentrate & work on as people striving to be a Mu'min(ah). SubhanAllah so little that is realized.

Jazakum Allahu Khair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
12-24-2008, 01:35 AM
jazakallah khayr for sharing with us

IslamDawn
12-24-2008, 10:20 PM
:wasalamex
Jazakom Allah khayran all for your nice replies

The rest of the articles could be found here:
2.Pausing for Confession
3. Contemplate!
4. Despise yourself for the Sake of Allah
5. Glorify Allah
6. Al Ruboobiyyah to Allah
7. Al Enabah: "Renewing Repentance"
8. Sincerity

Hope all of us would read'em as they are very important ..
May Allah forgive our sins and guide us to the right path .. Amen.

IslamDawn
12-24-2008, 10:33 PM

2.Pausing for Confession
3. Contemplate!
5. Glorify Allah
8. Sincerity

IslamDawn
12-24-2008, 11:15 PM

2.Pausing for Confession
3. Contemplate!
5. Glorify Allah
8. Sincerity

Aqeel Ahmed
12-26-2008, 01:20 AM
:sl:
Triple post , mistake maybe? Anyway excellent article I read part 2-4 and will read the rest soon because the writer narrates a lot about hadiths which excellent resources.:sl:

index123
01-27-2009, 09:11 AM
I try to repent but i'am just to proud to repent.. the hidden mustard seed of disproval grows to be a plant when i try to repent =(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.