/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Being kind to your mum

Ummu Sufyaan
12-22-2008, 12:46 PM
:sl:
how do you treat your mum the way she deserves..i mean they are always forgiving you for your wrong, etc but how do you be patient with them (especially during old age), understand their mentality...especially if you were born/raised in two different societies (eg east and west) and generations...
and the same for your mother in law... i mean mothers and sons are always close to thier sons and this-most of the time- causes some kind of conflict between her and her daughter in law...god knows, but most of the time its probably a misunderstanding of each others mentality...no?

so, how do you be kind to your mum imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
12-22-2008, 05:32 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Hug her, kiss her, make her smileee, make her feel speshulll

take her shoppinggggggg! I do that..I wake up one morning and say 'hey mum get ready we're going shopping!!' :D then we spend the whole day out :p

WassalamuAlaykum

Ansariyah
12-22-2008, 11:24 PM
I love giving my Ummie Massages "I am pretty good at it n she loves it*. My mom has a lot of children so most of the time it's my big sisters cooking, they won't let her do anything really. We lil ones tidy the house so she doesn't have to do it. We basically don't let her do anything..period lol. She always finds something to do tho:exhausted.

We can never repay our mother. I know that some day death will come to any of us, so I am very cautious in the way I treat her. I do my best to treat her as the Queen she truly is. May Allah accept her into Al-firdows..the highest rank in Jannah ameen.

Treat everyday as though it's ur last day wit her!

Mysterious Uk
12-22-2008, 11:51 PM
well i b kind 2 my mum by taking her everywhere; i passed my driving test this year so when i drive it is usually 4 her. She knows she can ask me 2 do watever and i'l do it, she knows she can talk 2 me and she knows she doesn't have 2 hoover and feed ma lil sis cos i will. Yeh so basically she knows i'm always there.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
12-23-2008, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
AssalamuAlaykum
wa alaykum us-Salaam

take her shoppinggggggg! I do that..I wake up one morning and say 'hey mum get ready we're going shopping!!' :D then we spend the whole day out :p
lol i do that already, except shes the one that wakes me up lool :-[ :p :D and also we dont spend the whole day out :exhausted

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I love giving my Ummie Massages "I am pretty good at it n she loves it*. My mom has a lot of children so most of the time it's my big sisters cooking, they won't let her do anything really. We lil ones tidy the house so she doesn't have to do it. We basically don't let her do anything..period lol. She always finds something to do tho:exhausted.
yh i try do the best i can and i hate seeing her do things, but she always says she dosent need help (although it looks like it :mmokay:)

May Allah accept her into Al-firdows..the highest rank in Jannah ameen.
ameen

format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk
well i b kind 2 my mum by taking her everywhere; i passed my driving test this year so when i drive it is usually 4 her. She knows she can ask me 2 do watever and i'l do it, she knows she can talk 2 me and she knows she doesn't have 2 hoover and feed ma lil sis cos i will. Yeh so basically she knows i'm always there.
jazakiallahu khair for your input :)

MO783
12-23-2008, 04:02 PM

Salam,

we should treat our parents with utter most respect, May Allah forgive me

:cry:

Umar001
12-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

Maybe some ways are by looking at videos and books which tell us about the significance of the parents. Which explain the verses and ahadith where the importance is mentioned, where we see how Allah mentions His rights and then the rights of the parents? Maybe this video will help:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t9C2omOi9G0

Also maybe another way is to look at the videos which show us the blessings we have with regards to our mothers, for example the fact that we can hug them now if we wish, look at this video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s4NwYrlqkcY

Keep this and other videos like that on your ipod or on your mp3 player or on your computer and use them to remind yourself and soften your heart?

May Allah, the Most Merciful, make us good to our parents and merciful towards them!

Br.al-Habeshi

TrueStranger
12-27-2008, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
how do you treat your mum the way she deserves..i mean they are always forgiving you for your wrong, etc but how do you be patient with them (especially during old age), understand their mentality...especially if you were born/raised in two different societies (eg east and west) and generations...
and the same for your mother in law... i mean mothers and sons are always close to thier sons and this-most of the time- causes some kind of conflict between her and her daughter in law...god knows, but most of the time its probably a misunderstanding of each others mentality...no?

so, how do you be kind to your mum imsad
I make sure i pray all five prayers with her :D So far I am pretty cool with my parents Alhamduillah.

Insha'Allah Sis, as you grow older you will eventually get come to understand your mom's viewpoint. Just be patient with her.

Aqeel Ahmed
12-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Yanal treats his mom with choclates or cards, very simple to be precise but his mom does care except when she gets angry and starts commenting on how many pimples he has:(.:w:

Intisar
12-27-2008, 02:12 AM
:sl: Sometimes mums can be very frustrating, and they test your patience. Especially when my mother screams at me for very trivial things, ex. I lost a house key a couple of weeks ago. :exhausted But alhamdulilah I try my best not to lose my cool, believe it or not my mom seeks my advice from me and we have heart to hearts. We haven't lived with eachother for over 7 months now, but I do see her as often as I can and whenever I do I buy her presents and have a day out with her. I go out to eat, buy her things she likes, and just talk with her.

I feel like my mum isn't even my mum sometimes, but my bestfriend. She's sacrificed so much for her children mashaa'Allaah. I feel like I'm only doing the least that I can for her.

You don't have to go all out though. Hugs, kisses, ''i love you's'' everyday will suffice inshaa'Allaah. Though it does annoy my mother, she has to beg me to stop sometimes. My Auntie, her sister, wonders why her kid isn't like that. She's like, ''my son's the opposite of Ameena*, I have to force hugs on him''. ;D

TabTabiun
12-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Showing kindness to parents isn't hard, just obey them, if they need you to do something don't suck your teeth or roll your eyes smile and just do it, If they offer to pay you for doing something for them like doing their laundry or cleaning their house do it for free.

youngsister
01-06-2009, 11:33 AM
I agree with whats been said, my mum complains that i kiss her too much lol
but ye just obey her and listen to her thats what they love the most, suprise them with little presents, take her shopping..she would love that :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.