/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did the prophet s.a.w. really say this?

Confused0122
12-23-2008, 01:04 AM
salam.. is this true? "The woman has ten nakednesses; when she marries the husband covers one nakedness, and when she dies the grave covers all ten of them." So when a woman dies thats when everything is solved? lol. I have, however, seen this one before: "Three things corrupt prayer: Women, dogs, and donkeys." How are women put into the same category as dogs and donkeys?
"Woman is a vile beast,"
"I think that women were created for nothing but evil."
"Bad omen is in three things: horses, woman, and the home."
"'The woman has two things to cover her: the grave and marriage.' It was asked, 'Which of them is better?' He said, 'The grave.' "

This is the link to this site and it has citations so I'm not even sure what to believe. I do know that by the tone of this site, it's definitely against Islam but I'm not sure abuot these sayings

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Confused0122
12-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Women are not allowed to go out except out of necessity, but for the occasion of the two feasts: The Greater Bairam and the Lesser Bairam. They are also not allowed to walk down the roads, but keep to the edges of the street."(24) "Women are not allowed to use the middle of the road."(25) "Women are not to be greeted nor to greet."(26) "A believing woman is the same among women as a white-footed raven among the ravens. Fire has been created for the senseless, and women are the most senseless of all."(27) If the woman wanted to clear herself of this charge, she had to serve her husband.(28)

???????????????????????????????

wth1257
12-23-2008, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Confused0122
salam.. is this true? "The woman has ten nakednesses; when she marries the husband covers one nakedness, and when she dies the grave covers all ten of them." So when a woman dies thats when everything is solved? lol. I have, however, seen this one before: "Three things corrupt prayer: Women, dogs, and donkeys." How are women put into the same category as dogs and donkeys?
"Woman is a vile beast,"
"'The woman has two things to cover her: the grave and marriage.' It was asked, 'Which of them is better?' He said, 'The grave.' "

This is the link to this site and it has citations so I'm not even sure what to believe. I do know that by the tone of this site, it's definitely against Islam but I'm not sure abuot these sayings
I checked out the author. I found almost no information about him except his phamplet seems to be a staple of far, far right/evangelicle Christian websights. It's an internet book which does not lend a lot of weight to it's potential credability. You may wish to have a Muslims comment on this and I cannot comment with reguards to the Hadith as I have no experience in the area. I can say that I noted a number of general factual errors and would not consider this a generally credible source.

Confused0122
12-23-2008, 10:36 PM
why, thank you!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
12-23-2008, 10:57 PM
:salamext:

theres only two quotes from there which may have some basis to real hadith, the others are lies i think (and like mentioned above, without sources.)

one is about a woman walking past a person praying;
http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showthread.php?t=3372 [you should ask on this site for more info since theres alot of knowledgable people there].

its also likely to distract the guys attention from prayer, as is natural for man.. some have said it just decreases in its reward - maybe for the above reasons.

The other saying;

‘an answer to the false claim that evil omen is in the women’

(misunderstood hadith) Volume 7, Book 62, Number 30:

Narrated Abdullah bin 'Umar: Allah's Apostle said, "Evil omen is in the women, the house and the horse.'

Answer: the Hadith mentioned above has come in most of the major books of Hadith in the words near to the ones quoted here. However, the following text of it contained in the sixth volume of Imam Ahmad Ibn Hambal’s Musnad presents the true picture in this regard:

* Abu-Hassan reports that two people came to A’ishah and said to her that Abu Hurayrah narrates that the Prophet used to say that bad luck is to be found only in women, horses and houses. At this A’ishah replied: By the God who revealed the Qur’an to the Prophet! The Prophet never said this; what he did say was that the People of the Jahilliyyah hold this opinion…

It is evident from this text of the Hadith that this saying has been erroneously attributed to the Prophet (sws). He had actually quoted the views held by the people of Jahilliyyah (age of ignorance).

source: http://www.answering-christianity.co...of_hadiths.htm

Allah knows best.

- Qatada -
12-23-2008, 11:13 PM

also read this sis;

womens rights;
http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...bsection=Women

about women bearing 'sin', its a lie since there are so much passages in the Qur'an in which no-one bears the sin of another - everyone bears his/her own deeds;

Namely, that no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another;

That man can have nothing but what he strives for;
[Quran Najm 53:38-9]

wth1257
12-24-2008, 02:38 AM
why, thank you!

No problem: )

wth1257
12-24-2008, 02:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

also read this sis;

womens rights;
http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...bsection=Women

about women bearing 'sin', its a lie since there are so much passages in the Qur'an in which no-one bears the sin of another - everyone bears his/her own deeds;

Namely, that no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another;

That man can have nothing but what he strives for;
[Quran Najm 53:38-9]
lol.

Didn't Muhammad say something like (paraphrasing), "I love three earthly things; , incense, and women"

something like that.

Given his marriages, particularly with 'Aisha, the statments of the Qur'an, and his biography it's difficult, intuitively, for me to imagain him saying those things above, at least without some wider context.

Like I said I don't know, I'm not a Muslim, but it smells funny.

- Qatada -
12-24-2008, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
lol.

Didn't Muhammad say something like (paraphrasing), "I love three earthly things; , incense, and women"

something like that.

Given his marriages, particularly with 'Aisha, the statments of the Qur'an, and his biography it's difficult, intuitively, for me to imagain him saying those things above, at least without some wider context.

Like I said I don't know, I'm not a Muslim, but it smells funny.

its funny you say that because i just read an article related to that a few days ago;

here's the article on it :)

'Prayer was made the sweetness of my eyes...'

| Sheikh `Abd al-Majîd b. Sâlih al-Mansûr

http://islamtoday.com/showme2.cfm?ca...ub_cat_id=2038

Anas b. Mâlik relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Women and fragrance have been made dear to my affections, but prayer was made the sweetness of my eyes."

This hadîth is related in Musnad Ahmad and Sunan al-Nasâ'î al-Kubrâ, among other sources. It is an authentic hadîth. It has been authenticated by al-Hâkim in al-Mustadrak and by Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalânî in Fath al-Bârî.

In some narrations it reads, "From your worldly life, women and fragrance have been made dear to my affections…"

However, the variant narration that begins: "Three things from your worldly life have been made dear to me…" is not authentic. It is not established in any of the primary hadîth source works. Moreover, it is a strange narration since its meaning is contradictory, as prayer is not a matter of our worldly lives, but rather off our spiritual lives.

This hadîth is rich in its benefits. It informs us of the relationship a believer should have with prayer as well as with the world. It shows how Islam balances our spiritual lives and our worldly aspirations.

For the devotees of Allah, prayer is the most beloved of all experiences. It is where they find peace and contentment. Without it, they cannot find harmony, balance, and satisfaction in their lives. They need the experience of reverence and awe before Allah that prayer affords them.

Ibn Hajar al-`Asqlânî explains: "The 'sweetness of one's eyes' is the beloved that one hopes never to depart from to the bliss that this beloved brings and the happiness that it enriches one's life with. This is experience with prayer only by those who are reverently patient."

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had attained an unparalleled level of devotion, where worshipping Allah became something much more than beloved to him. Ibn al-Qayyim writes:
No pleasure in this world compares to the bliss of the denizens of Paradise except for this. This is why the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Women and fragrance have been made dear to my affections, but prayer was made the sweetness of my eyes."
Here the Prophet (peace be upon him) tells us that two things of the world have been made dear to him – women and fragrance. Then he informs us that it is prayer which is the sweetness of his eyes. This is something far more than love. The "sweetness of the eyes" is the most beloved of all – that which is loved for its own sake. The object of this love is none other than Allah. Everything else that is loved is beloved for His sake and does not in any way contend with the love for Him…

Prayer is the sweetness of the eyes of Allah's devotees in this world, since it is the communion between the worshipper and his Lord, and this is the only way that the heart finds contentment and the soul finds peace.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said to his caller to prayer: "O Bilal, give us our rest in prayer." From this we know that prayer is what brought the Prophet relaxation and respite, just as it was the sweetness of his eyes.

We should, therefore, think twice before we say something like: "I offered so much prayer and then I took a rest from praying." For a true devotee, it is within prayer that rest and contentment are to be found. Such a person will love to prolong the prayer so as not to depart from that which is beloved.

By contrast, the person whose heart is heedless of Allah will find prayer to be a burden. Standing for each prayer will be like standing on a hot coal, and the person will fidget until that prayer is over and done with – the shorter the prayer, the better.

What factors will make prayer the sweetness of your eyes?

1. Sincerity:
Your reason for offering the prayer is the love of Allah and your desire to draw near to Him and seek His pleasure.

2. Devotion: Your heart is focused entirely on Allah. Your inner being is as fully involved in the prayer as your body which is going through the outward motions. Your mind is not distracted.

3. Proper performance: Your prayer must be carried out in accordance with the Prophet's example. The Prophet (peace be upon him) instructed us, saying: "Pray as you have seen me praying." Care should be taken to observe the prayer in all of its details as it was learned from the Prophet by his Companions. It also means that no additional rites or practices should be added to the prayer.

4. Perceptiveness: The Prophet said: "Worship Allah as if you see him, and though you do not see him, you know that He indeed sees you." This is how the Prophet (peace be upon him) defined the perfection of faith.

5. Gratefulness: You should recognize that it is only by Allah's grace that you are praying to Him. It is the greatest of privileges that He has blessed you to be offering this prayer. This is a key factor in prayer becoming the sweetness of your eyes. The more acutely privileged you feel to be offering your prayer, the more beloved that prayer will be to you.

6. Humility: We should never feel haughty and self-satisfied with our piety. Rather, we need to feel that the prayers we are offering are not enough. Though we may strive to do the best we can, our worship must always fall far short of the mark. Allah's greatness far surpasses our ability to glorify Him. His kindness and mercy far outweigh our gratitude.

Our Worldly Desires

This hadith refutes the idea that piety means the renunciation of worldly pleasures or devotion to Allah requires monasticism. This is one of the benefits we derive from the Prophet (peace be upon him) telling us: "Women and fragrance have been made dear to my affections." We are not called upon to forsake what Allah has made lawful and good. There is no piety in renouncing wholesome pleasures.

Some people think of asceticism in outward terms. They mistake a "pious image" that other people can see for true piety and Godliness. This is because they are ignorance of the Prophet's guidance in this matter. He was the most God-fearing of all people, but he would fast on some days and eat on others. He would spend part of the night in prayer, but he would also sleep. He got married. After elaborating this to his followers, he said: "And whoever desires something other than my way is not of me." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

He never behaved like those conspicuously "pious" people who look emaciated and dress in rags. The Prophet (peace be upon him) taught us that piety is an inward quality. It is the relationship that we have with our Lord. The Propet (peace be upon him) took great care of his appearance. He was a clean person. He wore presentable clothes. He wore fragrance. This did not contradict with his asceticism in any way.

Ibn Rajab, while commenting on this hadîth, explains:
Asceticism means to turn your heart away from being preoccupied with the world and to focus on seeking knowledge of Allah and nearness to Him. It means to long for Allah and to desire to ultimately return to Him.

These things are not of the world in the first place. This is why the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "From your worldly life, women and fragrance have been made dear to my affections, but prayer was made the sweetness of my eyes." He did not count prayer among the worldly matters that were made beloved to him.
I conclude by beseeching Allah to make our words and deed righteous, and that He may bless us to be sincere to Him.

End of Article.

If you've misunderstood the hadith to mean that he desired other stranger women, then that is a lie - because he was the most chaste of people and furthest from sin. If you understood it to mean that he loved his wives, then that is something praiseworthy in Islam and loved by Allah, because Allah says [translation of meaning];

And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect. [Quran 30:21]

Having a nice smell is something loving to Allah because He loves that we purify ourselves;

Allah loves those who make themselves pure. (9:108)
Applying nice smells to the body is liked by the creation and the Creator. Allah wants us to have a good relationship with the people and through that - get closer to Him. :)

Peace.

Zamtsa
12-24-2008, 02:34 PM
The other wellknown hadits said that which corrupt Shalat are women in menses. Why women? Because Syahwat of the people who done Shalat, emerge by the passing of the woman will corrupt his Shalat.

The hadits wasn't "Bad omen...," it said "IF bad omen exist on something then it is exist in...," there is "If." Rasulullah had said about choosing women because of their religion, not becausue of their beauty, wealth or lineage.

While other which you quoted I have strong opinion that it came from Bathil hadits and Maudhu'. Worse than Dha'if (weak).

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

syilla
01-02-2009, 05:07 AM
*bump.

p/s:- i love this so much... i should copy this to my blog or something :)

wth1257
01-02-2009, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
*bump.

p/s:- i love this so much... i should copy this to my blog or something :)

lol why? If I may ask

syilla
01-02-2009, 05:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
lol why? If I may ask
is how a muslim should feel about his/her prayer (salah). InshaAllah :)

wth1257
01-02-2009, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
is how a muslim should feel about his/her prayer (salah). InshaAllah :)
ah, yes. I like a lot of the Hadiths and stories about Muhammad.

Umar001
01-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

May the Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

One thing I would advice myself and everyone else is when we read any supposed hadith or ayah. Understand it in the light of others. For example, if someone posts a supposed hadith about killing or wars. Then you should interpret this alongside the other, true, ahadith about such topics.

If I, 'Eesa, said, "I love marriage to women." and then you also hear that I said, "Women are evil." And you see me as a trustworthy, not insane person, you will know that either:

1. One of the sayings is false.
2. There is a specific context.

So if I am known for loving women and being merciful, and loving my mother, etc, and you see such a saying that "Women are evil" Then this saying needs to be researched properly.

Similarly, if you see a saying that I never hit anyone in my whole life, and yet another supposed person says I hit such and such, then you have to look into it.

A lot of the accusations against Islam are out of context things, if not outright lies.

And Allah knows best.

Br.al-Habeshi

all4salam
02-23-2011, 12:30 AM
"Woman is a vile beast,"

Theses sayings go against the prophets character.

Woodrow
02-23-2011, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by all4salam
Theses sayings go against the prophets character.
As was mentioned in the first few posts. Those are from unverified Ahadith and/or misunderstandings of Authenticate Ahadith.

There are false and unverified Ahadith, so it is essential each Hadith be checked for authenticity and reliability before believing it or following it.

Muslim Woman
02-23-2011, 01:41 AM
Salaam

I wonder why nobody talks about these hadith.

A believing man should not hate a believing woman; it he dislikes one of her characteristics, he will be pleased with another.

The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman.

and many more where Prophet pbuh praised women , ordered men to be good with them . I request all not to
browse anti Islamic site . Satan will try to confuse u.

http://muttaqun.com/women.html

جوري
02-23-2011, 02:57 AM
SUBSCRIBES.. bible thumping fundies truly are the scum of the earth..
still with all this, it makes their religion even more unattractive if that is at all possible..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.