/* */

PDA

View Full Version : About Sixth Sense

rufaz
12-24-2008, 11:41 AM
This thread is about sixth sense, is it true? is it really there?

then, i heard that we can open and close the sixth sense, which means, more like we can control when we're going to use it.. how to do it?

and i've read somewhere in web says that, if we read 1000 times of ayat kursi in 1 day, and 40 days continuously. we will be able to see the other "side" of the world, more like, seeing ghost and etc.. is it true?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by rufaz
Believe it or not, humans are thought to have around eleven senses. See here.

and i've read somewhere in web says that, if we read 1000 times of ayat kursi in 1 day, and 40 days continuously. we will be able to see the other "side" of the world, more like, seeing ghost and etc.. is it true?
I wouldn't know about that.

Peace

crayon
12-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Ummmm...
:blind:

No.

Danah
12-24-2008, 12:42 PM

then, i heard that we can open and close the sixth sense, which means, more like we can control when we're going to use it.. how to do it?

brother, where did you read such things? this is the first time I heard of that. and I dont think its right

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
12-24-2008, 12:46 PM
" I see dead people" :skeleton:

- Qatada -
12-24-2008, 01:09 PM
:salamext:

Say (O Muhammad, unto the disbelievers): I know not whether that which ye are promised is near, or if my Lord hath set a distant term for it.

"He (alone) knows the Unseen, nor does He make any one acquainted with His Mysteries,- Except to him whom He chooses as a messenger...

[Quran Surah Jinn 72: 25-7]

Allah doesn't reveal the unseen to anyone but a Messenger which He chooses. the last one being Prophet Muhammad (sal Allah alaihi wasalam.)

Seeing Allah, angels and jinn [in their real form], and the next life etc is part of the unseen.

Güven
12-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Interesting

The blind man who can 'see' - and how he shows that humans really DO have a sixth sense

By MICHAEL HANLON
Last updated at 10:55 PM on 23rd December 2008

For blind people to regain the power of sight usually requires a miracle - either of the old-fashioned, Biblical variety or of the modern, medical sort.

Yet an extraordinary case reported this week shows us that there may be another form of miracle that can help the blind to 'see' - and it's one that may force us to rethink our whole understanding of the way in which the human senses operate.

In the journal Current Biology it is reported that a man left totally blind by brain damage has astounded scientists by flawlessly navigating an obstacle course without any help or practice whatsoever.

Blindsight: A new experiment suggests we may have a 'sixth sense' that allows some blind people to 'see'

This is perhaps the most persuasive example to date of what is termed 'blindsight' - the extraordinary ability of some who have lost their vision to be able to 'see' without, apparently, any ability actually to receive images in the eye and brain at all.

Because blindsight is a nebulous concept, often linked to paranormal manifestations, it has often been dismissed by researchers as myth. Yet here was a case that defied any straightforward explanation.

Scientists at the University of Tilburg in The Netherlands found that the unnamed man, known only as 'TN', was able to negotiate his way past a series of boxes and chairs, despite the fact that a series of strokes had damaged the visual cortex of his brain to such an extent that tests have shown he is completely blind.

So how on earth does he do it? What does it tell us about the way we 'see' the world?

And is it conclusive proof, as many have claimed, that humans have a hidden 'sixth sense' that can detect aspects of the world around us in a way that defies any logical explanation?

The first thing to realise is that science loves to categorise things.

We have 'five senses' in part because 'five-and-a-bit senses' is messy and ' unscientific'.

And yet it may be a far more accurate description of what is going on in the complex interface between the outside world and our brains.

It seems that in the case of TN, for example, although he has no conscious awareness of the visual world, his brain is, somehow, keeping tabs on his surroundings, by processing the electrical messages that are travelling through his eyes and optic nerves (which remain undamaged by his stroke) even though the normal 'visual' part of his brain is damaged beyond repair.

To use a scientific term, his mind is not creating any visual 'qualia' - the name given to conscious experience of sensations, such as sight or sound.

Despite being blind, Mike Newman drove a car at 165.94mph

Although he is not actually aware of the cause, scans have even revealed that certain parts of his brain, not normally associated with sight, 'light up' when he is shown pictures of other people pulling a variety of different facial expressions - such as fear, anger or joy.

This weirdness should perhaps not surprise us. Our senses form part of the most mysterious system in the known universe - the human brain.

Indeed, compared to the kilogram of grey jelly in your skull, even the mightiest stars and galaxies hold few mysteries.

Anyone who claims they know how the brain works, or exactly what is going on when our eyes view a splash of red, or our noses scent a whiff of coffee, or our tastebuds pick up on a tang of brine, is simply deluded or lying.

Despite centuries of probing, such mysteries remain totally unsolved.

We do know, however, that there are a number of peculiar anomalies.

For example, we know that humans, compared to other animals, have extremely good vision - on a par with the birds and far better than most mammals. Sight is our primary sense.

Yet, rather mysteriously, it is another sense - smell - which in many of us has the ability to evoke the strongest emotional responses.

Shown a photograph of our old primary school, say, most of us will respond with a vague sense of recognition.

Mind's eye: The eye collects information, but the brain is the real organ of vision

In contrast, even the merest hint of the smell of the school's polished parquet floors, or of the heady tang of boiled cabbage from the school dinner kitchens, will be enough to bring all the childhood memories flooding back.

Equally mysteriously, our senses seem to operate on several levels. If you are sitting down when you read this article, think for a moment of the sensation coming from your bottom and lower back.

The moment you do, you will become suddenly aware of the pressure of the seat cushion below you, the contours of its shape and how comfortable (or uncomfortable) it is.

In psychological terms, you are now 'attending' to these sensory inputs.

Yet before you chose to swivel your 'mind's eye' to the chair, you were probably completely unconscious of all these sensations, even though the relevant one of the your five senses - touch - was working all the while.

Then there is a well-known psychological phenomenon called the 'cocktail party effect'.

This is the ability of the human brain to detect, immediately, pertinent and important information from an otherwise meaningless sensory melange.

If you are at a busy party, for instance, you will probably be aware only of the random babble and hum of voices. Yet should someone mention your name, even quietly and from across the room, the chances are that you will immediately pick up on it.

It is as though you have an unconscious monitor sitting inside your head - a 'little man', if you will - checking what is coming in from your eyes and ears and so forth, before deciding which is important-and letting your conscious mind know.

Of course, the idea of a little man inside your head is an absurd (but remarkably persistent) analogy - but it does serve to illustrate the fact that our brains operate on all sorts of levels of conscious awareness, and not always in ways that we recognise.

Think of the last time you drove to work, for instance, or did the school run. How conscious were you, actually, of the journey? How many of the twists and turns can you remember?

The chances are that the answer is 'none at all'; you probably were able to operate, quite safely, a complex piece of machinery (a car) almost like you were an unthinking robot while you were thinking about something more interesting. Extraordinary.

The interaction between the 'mind' and the senses really is one of the most amazing aspects of the natural world.

And since we cannot be sure how it works, it does seem foolish to dismiss, out of hand, 'sixth sense' phenomena such as blindsight.

It is probably even the case that we should not rush to dismiss, completely out of hand, even stranger 'paranormal' mental powers, such as telepathy, even though hard scientific evidence is lacking for such things.

The only certainty is that the more we learn about the workings of the mind, the more fantastical its abilities are proving to be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...xth-sense.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...3/neuroscience

rufaz
12-24-2008, 01:51 PM
i read it here..

http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=id&tl=en

its @ number 10..

well, i believe abt this thing because there are few ppl that i know that can cure those on by the specter of magic by witch.. means more like.. ah.. nvm lol =,='

highway_trekker
12-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Wonder if the concept of 'firasah' can be counted as a sixth sense?

http://forum.mpacuk.org/showthread.php?t=8854

Danah
12-24-2008, 06:27 PM
i read it here..

http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=id&tl=en

its @ number 10..

well, i believe abt this thing because there are few ppl that i know that can cure those on by the specter of magic by witch.. means more like.. ah.. nvm lol =,='
you meant this one.....
Syeikul mighty of god Muhyiddin Arabi Ibnul explain that; anyone who read the paragraph Seat sebayak 1000 times in the day and night for 40 days, then God's sake, the sake of the Messenger, by alQuran a noble, God will reveal for the spiritual views, is produced and given to the human influence . (dari kitab Khawasul Qur’an) (Khawasul from the Koran)
thats not true at all,
but in general there have been many hadeeths narrated by the Prophet PBUH about the reward of the ayat al kursi and how it protect us from the evil, but there is nothing about seeing the other world or something like that

Woodrow
12-24-2008, 06:48 PM
We use so little of what we have been given. Way back in my working years I found the study of the physiology of our material senses to be a wonder. We use so little, that it does seem "paranormal" when somebody accidentally discovers a "power".

Some people can taste sounds and/or colors. Some can hear colors. some people have the ability to see beyond the normally visible spectrum and see into the areas of infra red and ultra-violet. Others can detect differences in colors that most of us can't, same with sounds and odors. Oddly, many of these can be taught and learned.

So about 6th sense, it all depends on how you define it. If you define it as something supernatural or paranormal, it probably does not exist.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.