/* */

PDA

View Full Version : friday prayer first time.

ghengis
12-26-2008, 12:49 AM
hey wats up people.,

tomorow i plan to go to the friday congregational prayer for the first time ever.

i am scared.

a little nervous.... may sound crazy.....

but i suppose this is all part of the adventure filled revert experience.

... i've avoided going to mosques for ages....

to be honest i've avoided going to mosques for ages cos i used to think men and women go to the mosque together.

(haha... wat a revert.... u all r thinking....lol)

and as a man i can profess i cannot keep my mind focused when women are about....

i learnt only recently that women dont go to the mosques and they pray at home....

this was great news to my ears... so i'm now gonna go to the mosque and pray :)

islam is great.... i like it.

i'm gonna try and go once a day.

and women dont take it personally.... but first things first.

ok. lets do this!!!

(note to self: signpost/milestone:- going to friday prayer for the first time)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aqeel Ahmed
12-26-2008, 12:59 AM
:sl:
MashAllah ask anything you want to know.:sl:

Umar001
12-26-2008, 01:09 AM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahamtullahi Wa Barakatuh Brother!

Hope it goes well, maybe you could give us a little review of what you liked?

I liked my first time a lot, due to mainly the prayer and the hearing of the Qur'aan.

Br.al-Habeshi

Hamayun
12-26-2008, 02:17 AM
Good to hear that Bro. It is a very satisfying experience. I am sure you will wanna go back again :)

Women do go to the Mosque by the way but it is very rare and even if they do they have a seperate entrance and a seperate area.

Do let me know how it went Bro :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zafran
12-26-2008, 03:41 AM
salaam

May Allah bless you

May Allah guide you to the straight path

peace.

UmmSqueakster
12-26-2008, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
Good to hear that Bro. It is a very satisfying experience. I am sure you will wanna go back again :)

Women do go to the Mosque by the way but it is very rare and even if they do they have a seperate entrance and a seperate area.

Do let me know how it went Bro :)
Assalamu Alaikum,

It depends on the area. Here in the US, it is very common for women to go to the masjid, especially for jummah. Sometimes masjids have separate rooms, and sometimes we're all in the main musulla (prayer room). I'm going to Jummah today at my local masjid, where the men sit at the front of the hall and women sit at the back.

UmmSqueakster
12-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Just a quick thought, if women distract you, distract yourself first. Get an ipod and load it full of Qur'an. Lower your gaze into a book and always be reading. Constantly keep your tongue busy with remembrance of God. Occupy yourself with Allah (swt) and inshaAllah you'll do fine.

Danah
12-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Masha allah brother, this is so amazing....I hope ot goes well for you

let us know how it was when you come back in sha allah

Zamtsa
12-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Ajrun As Though Years of Qiyamul Lail And Fasting

'An Awus bin Sa'ad Ats Tsaqafi, he said, "I have heard Rasulullaah Shalallaahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam said, "Whoever take a bath in Jum'at with a serious bath, then quickly come and hear the first khutbah by walking, does not ride a vehicle, and being close with the imam, and then listening to it and do not talk in it (or busy with other thing), so in EVERY STEPS of him will gain good deeds of 1 YEAR: of his fasting and his Qiyamul Lail.
(HR.ibn Majah kitabu Iqamaatish Shalawati wa Sunnati Fiiha bab 80: Jum'at Prayer Bath, no.898-1096). Shahih: Al Misykah (1388), Shahih Abu Daud (372). At Ta'liq Ar-Raghib (1/247) by Syaikh Muhammad Nashiruddin Al Albani.

ghengis
12-27-2008, 12:11 AM
its been a good day....

i went to the mosque,

it was weird.

:)

the imam gave a good talk however.. about eeesa (pbuh)

we prayed... we left.

as the day wore on i began to feel sadder and sadder. i was **** near upset by the evening....

wondered why i had to do this. i could be a secret believer forever. it would be great.... people, who needs em? i'm not really a great socializer anymore... especially since reverting...

the future of me trying to integrate into a community over the next few months didnt seem like much fun.

so as i moped at home.... i sat wondering wat direction i should take...

....i opened my laptop and had just downloaded a book the night before by richard bach: called jonathan liviungston seagul.

i read it . its great. inspired me to carry on going on this path of the external aspects of islam...even though i dont like it at the moment that much.

i recomend all reverts to read this book... its about change... and growth... and striving and success and freedom!!

allhamdillilah... i think i'll be going to the mosque a lot more....

ghengis
12-27-2008, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
Just a quick thought, if women distract you, distract yourself first. Get an ipod and load it full of Qur'an. Lower your gaze into a book and always be reading. Constantly keep your tongue busy with remembrance of God. Occupy yourself with Allah (swt) and inshaAllah you'll do fine.
no. i dont want to "distract myself first" wat kind of advice is that?

Aqeel Ahmed
12-27-2008, 12:22 AM
:sl:
Mashallah. Very good news. Maybe we could have a thread to share "mosque times" with the ummah or something.:w:

UmmSqueakster
12-27-2008, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ghengis
no. i dont want to "distract myself first" wat kind of advice is that?
So we women should all stay home because you can't control yourself? The Qur'an tells you to distract yourself. Women are to cover properly and men are to lower their gaze.

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo! Allah is aware of what they do. (24:30)

I'm giving you sincere naseeha, counsel, on how you can avoid your problem of being focused on women all the time. Instead, try to focus on Allah (swt) all the time. That's the goal anyways, to be constantly focused on Allah (swt) so why not work on it?

As for being integrated into the muslim community, well, it can take time. It took me a good year to get my foot in the door, and that was only after I volunteered for some projects with our local MSA (muslim student association). inshaAllah next year during Ramadan there will be some opportunities for you. Oftentimes, there are dinners at the masjid, and if you go, inshaAllah people will talk with you. Look for volunteer opportunities through the masjid, or lectures that are being given. When you go, don't be shy and don't wait for people to come up to talk to you. Go up to them, give salaams and introduce yourself.

I moved to a different city after college and spent years moping that people in the muslim community weren't friendly and didn't like me. Well, this last year, I took a different approach - I approached them. I gave salaams, said hello, and took the initiative to start the conversation. Alhamdulilah it worked.

ghengis
12-27-2008, 09:35 PM

my body starts to shake and tremble when there is too much testosterone flowing through me... like right now... i ... i ....i ... just dont trust mysel.... f....

lol

just kidding...

thanks for the advice..... the quran is good.

i'm glad you finally decided to talk to people... good one.
well done.

u only reap wat u sow...

so just out of interest were you introduced to your husband by a third party?? or was he strapping and dash... did he aproach u directly???

how would a religious chick feel if iu just walked up and said salaam... then looked at my toes to distract myself... then started shaking... lol

seriously? would u frown upon that? i'm used to just taking things when i want them... getting involved in society is a pain...

syilla
12-30-2008, 05:00 AM
congratulations!!!!... InshaAllah...i'm suggesting you the article on stranger. you can find alot of it on this board.

May Allah protect us and guide us to the right path...Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.