/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jews - people of the book?

Argamemnon
12-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Salam/Peace,

Since Jews reject the trinity, like Muslims, are they closer to Muslims than Christians who do believe in the trinity?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wth1257
12-29-2008, 05:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Salam/Peace,

Since Jews reject the trinity, like Muslims, are they closer to Muslims than Christians who do believe in the trinity?
That's an interesting question.

aamirsaab
01-01-2009, 08:40 PM
:sl:
Since Jews reject the trinity, like Muslims, are they closer to Muslims than Christians who do believe in the trinity
Not really since they reject Jesus as a prophet, too. But, like christians they are counted as people of the book.

Banu_Hashim
01-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I'd assume Jews and Christians have equal status as Ahlal Kitaab (People of the Book). But if you look at the Jewish traditions they seem alot closer. Basically same dietary laws, practice of circumcision, monotheistic basis. But yes, they do not recognise Isa (AS) as a prophet, which is a big no-no.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
suffiyan007
01-02-2009, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
I'd assume Jews and Christians have equal status as Ahlal Kitaab (People of the Book). But if you look at the Jewish traditions they seem alot closer. Basically same dietary laws, practice of circumcision, monotheistic basis. But yes, they do not recognise Isa (AS) as a prophet, which is a big no-no.
i have one ignorant people in a chat...i am telling jesus and isa is the same person...he said...no totally differents until we argue like a fool....i just ignore him and blah!

Banu_Hashim
01-02-2009, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
i have one ignorant people in a chat...i am telling jesus and isa is the same person...he said...no totally differents until we argue like a fool....i just ignore him and blah!
Tell him to wiki it and tell him smugly, "i told you so". :)

wth1257
01-03-2009, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Not really since they reject Jesus as a prophet, too. But, like christians they are counted as people of the book.
But Christian reject the prophethood of Muhammad. I've never understood why the Qur'an is so much more critical of Jews, when they are so much closed with regards to political philosophy, hygenic laws, pure monotheism, etc.

Can anyone explain this?

aamirsaab
01-03-2009, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
But Christian reject the prophethood of Muhammad.
Ah you misunderstood. I meant only that jews are not closer to us because they ALSO reject Jesus (OP was asking are they closer to us because they deny trinity concept - well, if they deny jesus as a prophet, they aren't close to Islam :D).

I've never understood why the Qur'an is so much more critical of Jews, when they are so much closed with regards to political philosophy, hygenic laws, pure monotheism, etc.

Can anyone explain this?
If jews are given more criticism in the Quran it is not undeserved; they were sent more prophets than anyone (Daud, Abraham, Moses, Jesus), and still denied the message. Another reason is that they comit a greater hypocrisy; as you said, the political philosophy, hygenic laws, pure monotheism are all fully accepted by the jewish faith; yet they reject Jesus and Muhammad as prophets from God. If you are going to accept prophets exist and are from God and you accept all the Prophets' teachings until Jesus and Muhammad then that is a great hypocrisy (especially considering what those latter people bought to the Earth and mankind!)

Christians on the other hand do accept all the Prophets bar Muhammad [pbuh] but due to misplaced love and devotion pray to Jesus instead of God. It's like they were on the right track but got side lined, where as the jews didn't bother getting on that train in the first place.

Edit: Should also mention that while the Quran was being revealed, Christianity was relatively small compared to Judaism - so there would be more criticism of Jews than Christians.

doorster
01-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Ah you misunderstood. I meant only that jews are not closer to us because they ALSO reject Jesus (OP was asking are they closer to us because they deny trinity concept - well, if they deny jesus as a prophet, they aren't close to Islam :D).

If Jews are given more criticism in the Quran it is not undeserved; they were sent more prophets than anyone (Daud, Abraham, Moses, Jesus), and still denied the message. Another reason is that they commit a greater hypocrisy; as you said, the political philosophy, hygienic laws, pure monotheism are all fully accepted by the Jewish faith; yet they reject Jesus and Muhammad as prophets from God. If you are going to accept prophets exist and are from God and you accept all the Prophets' teachings until Jesus and Muhammad then that is a great hypocrisy (especially considering what those latter people bought to the Earth and mankind!)

Christians on the other hand do accept all the Prophets bar Muhammad [pbuh] but due to misplaced love and devotion pray to Jesus instead of God. It's like they were on the right track but got side lined, where as the jews didn't bother getting on that train in the first place.

Edit: Should also mention that while the Quran was being revealed, Christianity was relatively small compared to Judaism - so there would be more criticism of Jews than Christians.

this might be worth mentioning (which I heard from one Jew) that Jews consider Christians to be Moshriks thus doomed to be recycled until they stop being Moshriks but they believe Muslims to be on Tawheed following 7 Nohide Laws thus saved and excempt from recycling (except the evil ones), and they are perfectly willing to accept Hazrat Muhammad S.A.W. as Nabi and Rasul from The Abrahamic God, but only for Muslims.

MY problem is the idea that every body is going to paradise eventually. according to Jews bad people keep getting chances to fix themselves, after becoming good all go to paradise (I think)

:w:

Argamemnon
01-03-2009, 12:43 PM

If jews are given more criticism in the Quran it is not undeserved; they were sent more prophets than anyone (Daud, Abraham, Moses, Jesus), and still denied the message. Another reason is that they comit a greater hypocrisy; as you said, the political philosophy, hygenic laws, pure monotheism are all fully accepted by the jewish faith; yet they reject Jesus and Muhammad as prophets from God. If you are going to accept prophets exist and are from God and you accept all the Prophets' teachings until Jesus and Muhammad then that is a great hypocrisy (especially considering what those latter people bought to the Earth and mankind!)

I have to disagree with you. Christians associate partners with God, which is shirk.. while Jews do not. And in the Quran it is said that those who commit shirk will not be forgiven. God is prepared to forgive all sins, except shirk.

^[AnKaBooT]^
01-03-2009, 12:51 PM
aamirsaab is right except that nabi Ibrahim(a.s) is the father of nabi Ishaak(a.s) who is the father of nabi Yacoob(a.s) who has 12 male children i think.
Sry i couldnt indicate the exact number.He has also a son called nabi Yusuf(a.s) who has 50% of the Beauty of ALL of humanity.The rest is shared between the rest of humanity.All the sons of nabi Yaacoob(a.s) were made prophets i think,not sure.They(sons of yacoob(A.s.)) were the foreFathers of the Bani Isra'eel.

(bani israeel) r the main group of humanity which Allah(swt) has made a surah for in the Quran.They r the present day Jews.Even though they were not Jews ALL the time.They were promised the land of Palestine a promise which god made to nabi Ibrahim(a.s)
Most of the prophets and Rasuls STATED IN THE Quran were for them.Especially since they had nabi Musa(a.s) who spoke with god,saved them from Pharoah and his egyptians,along with his brother nabi Harun(a.s.),nabi Yunus(a.s) who struggled to release them from the clasps of the Assyrian king of Nineveh.Dawud(a.s) who slew their(bani israeels's) enemies and was their king and his son Sulaiman(a.s) who commanded Jinns,Wind,Bird,Animals.Then there is nabi Isa ibn Maryam(a.s.).Who could ressurect ppl.The Bani Isra'eel were Jews at the time and those who followed(not all) nabi Isa(a.s) changed the verses of the Injeel.They became Christians. ALLAH(SWT) has revealed in Quran sharif that he has sent so many Evidences.Who knows only he knows wat more prophets,rasul, and CLEAR proof he has sent to them.

A Jew asked Ali(r.a) why the Muslims were killing themselves so soon after prophet's death(Rashidun Caliphate).He replied, 'at least we have waited patiently for ?(sry ppl i donot know the right number cuz i dont wanna sin by saying the wrong number i belive its 20+years) years, yoU on the other hand asked your prophet(Musa a.s.) to give yoU Idols so that u may Worship them, When the water of the red sea havent on ur feet havent even dried up yet.For those ppl who dont understand, after the children of Israeel(another name for nabi Yaacoob(a.s))had crossed the red sea and Pharoah's forces had drowned in it they passed a town where ppl worshipped idols and the bani isra'eel asked nabi Musa(a.s.),'Make for us an Idol so that we may worship it'.

Christians are misguided.Jews dont believe in nabi Isa(a.s.) nor do they in Habibullah the sayyedina Muhammad(s.a.w).^o)For your info he(s.a.w) was sent for everyone,including the Bani Isra'eel.There are muslims in the children of Isra'eel(another name for Yaacoob(a.s)) now too i think.

I hope this clarifies ppls questions and thank you for reading if i had made mistakes Allah(swt) FORGIVE ME.please.:cry:

For people's info the prophets,messengers i indicated that were for the children of Isra'eel were from among them.There are still many more prophets that were sent to them and remember that there were alot more prophets not mentioned in the Quran.Sry i wrote so LONG i just want to remind people cuz Shaytan is evil enough to make you not know these things.Which could end up as sin because it is part of Iman.
By The Way it doesnt matter if they r close to us or not they must have Iman Mufassal.

aamirsaab
01-03-2009, 01:27 PM

I have to disagree with you. Christians associate partners with God, which is shirk.. while Jews do not. And in the Quran it is said that those who commit shirk will not be forgiven. God is prepared to forgive all sins, except shirk.

Ok just to clarify, my post was referring to why Jews receive ''more criticism'' than Christians in the Quran. What you have said above is correct (and I agree with it) but I think you misunderstood where I was coming from.

alcurad
01-03-2009, 02:38 PM
the jews in the qur'an are not the jews nowadays, rather the condemned ones were the ones who deserved it due to their actions, such as rejecting the prophets etc
and there is no preference for either, both are people of the book. christianity came to remove many of the jewish laws, so their dietary laws etc being somewhat similar is not something in their favor, in any case they've been living alongside the muslims for centuries, and it is not impossible that they picked up some Islamic practices or vise versa.
the christian arabs are mostly different from western christians too. I'd say culture has to do with it more than religion.
to us, the jewish concept of god, is also a pagan one, he is only their personal god, his laws are mostly only for them and not for others etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.