/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prophets, Imitation and Sin

wth1257
12-29-2008, 05:32 AM
So I am a bit confused. I have been told that in Islam Prophet’s cannot sin. But didn’t Adam sin, and hence the expulsion? Moreover doesn’t the Qur’an mention Adam atoning for his wrong and God forgiving him? I guess what really confuses me is the Sunnah. It seems like Muslims confer infallibility on Muhammad. Was Muhammad morally perfect? To what extent must Muslims imitate him? Is it simply with regard to ethics and religious ritual (like prayer movements)? I mean let’s say Muhammad did not like the taste of apple juice and never drank it; I would not have to imitate this behavior? Does one simply follow the literal actions of Muhammad or their deeper, more esoteric meanings? For example. Muhammad said to grow a beard and trim your moustache to distinguish oneself from unbelievers. Let’s say one was living in a non Muslim country where the larger, unbelieving population, by chance, follow just this fashion and growing a beard and trimming your moustache would in no way distinguish you from the larger population. In such a situation would one shave one’s beard to distinguish oneself thus following the spirit of the Hadith, or maintain the beard to follow the letter of it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Confused0122
12-29-2008, 06:09 AM
Peace be unto you brother
Lol you're probably tired of me already but I'll answer this to the best of my ability. If it was a minor thing like not liking apple juice, I don't think you'd have to hate it too.. It's more about the morals and living your daily life as he did.. As for living in a place where the population had beards, you would still have to do it because it's part of your religion, even if it'll make you blend in with the disbelievers.. If you have any questions, you should go on www.amjaonline.com On the left side, they have a section saying "submit a question" or something like that, and you should ask whatever bothers/confuses you and you'll hopefully receive a reply in your email within a few days.. Wish you the best.

wth1257
12-29-2008, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Confused0122
Peace be unto you brother
Lol you're probably tired of me already but I'll answer this to the best of my ability. If it was a minor thing like not liking apple juice, I don't think you'd have to hate it too.. It's more about the morals and living your daily life as he did.. As for living in a place where the population had beards, you would still have to do it because it's part of your religion, even if it'll make you blend in with the disbelievers.. If you have any questions, you should go on www.amjaonline.com On the left side, they have a section saying "submit a question" or something like that, and you should ask whatever bothers/confuses you and you'll hopefully receive a reply in your email within a few days.. Wish you the best.
Thanks, I appreciate your help and am not tired of it.

Confused0122
12-29-2008, 06:24 AM
That's good to know =)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.