/* */

PDA

View Full Version : backbiting

Ummu Sufyaan
12-29-2008, 09:25 AM
:sl:
is it permissible to talk about someone, with the intention of getting things off your chest.
because some people just really push you to the edge, and you need to get it off your chest by talking to someone (about how much they annoy you :-[)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zamtsa
12-29-2008, 05:34 PM
To be help from your problems, read "Laa ilaha illa anta subhaanaka inni kuntu minazh zhalimiin." Meaning: There is no Ilah but thee, holy be You, I am a bad person." It was the Du'a of Yunus Ibn Matta 'Alaihi Salaam.

And read this in the morning 1x and in the afternoon 1x:

"Yaa Hayyu (Oh The Living), yaa Qayyum (Oh The Indepent and Everlasting) make my life better." From Shahih Kalimuth Thayyib of Ibnu Taimiyyah by syaikh Nashir Al Albaani.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Amat Allah
12-29-2008, 05:58 PM
yes u can my dear but only to say what happened between you and that person with out saying bad things about that person with out cursing insulting and calling names ...only what happened to u and what that person made u feel and how did that person hurt u ...its ok

backbiting is to say something bad about the others even if it was right...

but remebering Allah Quraan Athiker and Sabir is the greatest cures and make Duaa that Allah forgive that person and guide him/her

u will feel amazing inshaa Allah may Allah love yah ukhti ^^

Yanal
12-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Bismilahair Ramanhair Raheem.
Yes you can like Amat Allah said but if you think that person will curse that person then choose another person.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amat Allah
12-30-2008, 05:05 AM
yes forgot to tell yah what my brother Yanal said may Allah reward you with the highest levels of paradise with out being reckoning brother and all muslims from jin and mankind Ameeeeeeeeeen..

if you knew that the friend you want to tell him/her about your prob is from those who can not control their tongues try to find someone else...

it will be great to find someone wise righteous pious and have a good knowledge of Allah...with that person inshaa Allah you will feel really comfortable and he/she will give you a good advices which will benefit you in this life and in the hereafter and will remind you with Allah to increase your Iman and Taqwa my dear....

may Allah love you my precious sister and may he ease your hardships fill ur heart with happiness and satisfaction ..same Duaa for all muslims from jin and mankind Ameeeeeeeeeeeen

aadil77
12-31-2008, 06:08 PM
what if you talk about someone who people don't know or will ever know?
or what about if you talk about a large group of people in general like americans or something?

Muzzy
01-01-2009, 02:45 AM
Haha, remembering my grd8 times wen one of my friends called me back stabber..

MO783
01-09-2009, 04:06 PM

I think taking things off your chest sometimes it can lead to backbitting

Re.TiReD
01-09-2009, 04:19 PM
:wasalamex

dont be specific, dont mention names.

Most often than not i've found that when am really irritated or summin if i take an hour or 2 n calm down....i dont feel the need to vent anymore. do that insted

doorster
01-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Definitions of backbiting on the Web:

• The action of slandering a person without that person's knowledge; A person who slanders or speaks badly of a person without that person's knowledge

• Telling lies to create fitna and make trouble for someone in their absence

• oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.

Civilsed
01-09-2009, 07:58 PM

Good Vid - By Baba Ali

http://theislamicummah.ning.com/vide...ttle-backbiter

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.