PDA

View Full Version : Where would you like to live?



Yanal
12-30-2008, 06:45 AM
:sl:
Where would you like to live?
I would like to live in Pakistian, cool
& peaceful life.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
_PakistaN_
12-30-2008, 07:15 AM
cool and peaceful? its a good place to visit. but living there is awful. awful heat, no rules no laws, too much bribeing. and alot more.

i would like to live in urugay, i like the countries name lol
Reply

khaled
12-30-2008, 07:59 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN "MADINA" AND DIE iN "MADINA"
Reply

KelleyD
12-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Aleksandria, Masri :thumbs_up
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
sister herb
12-30-2008, 04:57 PM
:sl:

I prefer to live here where I have born and have lived all my life; Finland.

:cry: Only problem that I hate winter and snow...
Reply

ardianto
12-30-2008, 05:00 PM
In muslim country that has Four Seasons and beatifull panorama.
Reply

Muezzin
12-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Disneyland.
Reply

Amat Allah
12-30-2008, 05:29 PM
no where
Reply

Yanal
12-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
cool and peaceful? its a good place to visit. but living there is awful. awful heat, no rules no laws, too much bribeing. and alot more.

i would like to live in urugay, i like the countries name lol
Ok.......* it was only hope*

Originally Posted by zAk
LOL! Can I move this to humour section? :D
Sure:D
Ok than I would like to live in cyberyavad with zAk.
PS zAk reply to my PM:D
Reply

Far7an
12-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Disneyland.
DC Comics will be appalled!
Reply

Ashjan95
12-30-2008, 09:30 PM
i would like to live in a peaceful place like a country side
and i would like to die in madina.....INSHALLAH
Reply

Zahida
12-30-2008, 09:46 PM
:sl: I live in the countryside and MashAllah it is very beautiful especially in the summer when i get woken up by horses neighing and the sound of their hooves. It can also be very lonely living in the countryside especially in the winter when it gets dark early and the weather is bad and you feel isolated from everyone............imsad

I would like to live in Medinah/Makkah where it is tranquil and peacefull. Where nothing matters but Allah, and your closeness to your creator. I would also like to die there.......................imsad:w:
Originally Posted by Ashjan95
i would like to live in a peaceful place like a country side
and i would like to die in madina.....INSHALLAH
Reply

mediadave
12-31-2008, 12:49 AM
I've been to a few places in Europe and the US (never beyond that, though I would love to travel in the middle east and Asia), and to be honest the United Kingdom suits me more than anywhere. I know people in Britain always moan about it, but it doesn't have poverty anything like lots of places in the US - while i'd like to live in the US for maybe a while to experience it, i certainly wouldn't like to be poor there - and I was surprised to see that many places in Europe seem to take a lot less care of their environment/cities (graffiti everywhere, in even the most beautiful cities, like Venice and Prague).

Obviously I'm sure people who come from other countries would see things differently. I know the UK, like every country, has certain problems, but I think they are in the most part minor and over egged by the media and I'd like to be a part of the solution to those problems.

In the UK, I think the place I'd most like to settle down is the city of Edinburgh, in Scotland. I lived there for about 6 months as a student, and I loved it. I'm definitely a town mouse, I couldn't live in the countryside.

Reply

*Marwah
12-31-2008, 02:04 AM
:sl:
i prefer Makka or Yemen to learn my knowledge and have strong Emaan Inshallah:rollseyes
Reply

north_malaysian
12-31-2008, 05:55 AM
Antalya, Türkiye:peace:
Reply

Zahida
12-31-2008, 08:57 AM
:sl: Just been to Turkey for a week we stayed in Istanbul and it was freezing!!!!! The people are very hospitable and i was nice to hear the azaan, although not many people are practising. I enjoyed the atmosphere, and found people also like to eat out alot!!!! It was nice but coudn't live there!!!:w::D
Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Antalya, Türkiye:peace:
Reply

cihad
12-31-2008, 03:26 PM
I would like to be a wanderer then I could see lotsa things , meet lotsa people..........especially in muslim countries so that I could learn arabic
Reply

ardianto
12-31-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by sister harb
:sl:

I prefer to live here where I have born and have lived all my life; Finland.

Finland. Land of 1000 lakes. Land of my favorite cellphone. Land of autorally. There are many worldclass rally drivers from Finland. I like motorsport.

Originally Posted by sister harb
:cry: Only problem that I hate winter and snow...

I'm from tropical country. I'm really want to play with snow !
Reply

smile
12-31-2008, 08:46 PM
i would also have liked to live in a holy city like madinah or sum place but its too HOT.

i am happy where i live , its AWESOME!!
Reply

khaled
01-01-2009, 06:00 AM
Allah hum-mar jukna shadatan fei sabilika warjukna matuan fei belade Habibika(Swallalahu alihisallam).
Reply

Argamemnon
01-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: Just been to Turkey for a week we stayed in Istanbul and it was freezing!!!!! The people are very hospitable and i was nice to hear the azaan, although not many people are practising. I enjoyed the atmosphere, and found people also like to eat out alot!!!! It was nice but coudn't live there!!!:w::D
:sl:

Ok, I hate you, never talk to me again :p

This was a really bad time to go to Istanbul. In April and May it's awesome. Istanbul is diverse, some places are beautiful, others not so. It's not entirely true that not many people practise though. Also, during ramadan it's awesome to be there. I could never live in Istanbul either. Turkey has many other places that are much better to live in. I personally love the Mediterranean coast - the climate, the landscapes, the sea, the food. It's a paradise there. Next time you should go to one of those places (instead of being overwhelmed by Istanbul's chaos). :statisfie

:w:
Reply

Zahida
01-01-2009, 10:55 AM
:sl:LOL brother you can hate me all you likebut i know you will never stop talking to me................

Maybe i should just move there during the nice weather and then come back to the UK when it's bad weather there??????

Next time if there is one, you should come with us and be a tour guide...hehe:w::)
Originally Posted by Argamemnon
:sl:

Ok, I hate you, never talk to me again :p

This was a really bad time to go to Istanbul. In April and May it's awesome. Istanbul is diverse, some places are beautiful, others not so. It's not entirely true that not many people practise though. Also, during ramadan it's awesome to be there. I could never live in Istanbul either. Turkey has many other places that are much better to live in. I personally love the Mediterranean coast - the climate, the landscapes, the sea, the food. It's a paradise there. Next time you should go to one of those places (instead of being overwhelmed by Istanbul's chaos). :statisfie

:w:
Reply

Mehedi Hasan
01-01-2009, 11:36 AM
I like to live with my Father and Mother in Bangladesh:). but now I like and trying to temporary live in europe with a job for earning money:D but I cann't success.imsad
Reply

Argamemnon
01-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl:LOL brother you can hate me all you likebut i know you will never stop talking to me................

Maybe i should just move there during the nice weather and then come back to the UK when it's bad weather there??????

Next time if there is one, you should come with us and be a tour guide...hehe:w::)
:sl: The weather is almost never bad in the Mediterranean :) :w:
Reply

Whatsthepoint
01-02-2009, 01:56 AM
New York (Manhattan or Brooklyn), any small Italian town by water, Tel Aviv or some other Israeli coastal town, Vienna, Dubrovnik, Doha ...
Reply

Imam
01-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Originally Posted by KelleyD
Aleksandria, Masri :thumbs_up
:sl:

Reasons for such choice,plz?
:D

:w:
Reply

KelleyD
01-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by Imam
:sl:

Reasons for such choice,plz?
:D

:w:
Salam Imam,
When I was on my quest to discover Islam many moons ago, I met the kindest, most generous couple in Alexandria who, more than just tell me about Islam, proved what Islam was (and still is) by their living examples. I had no need to be sheltered but they gave me shelter. I had no need to be feed but they invited me to dine with them nightly. I had an unsaitiable thirst for knowledge of Islam and each night they patiently and humbly spoke to me and answered all my questions. When my questions were finished, they invited me to stay with them for awhile and I watched Islam in motion each day. They were not overly pious or fundamentally righteous. They were just like everyone else.....except....they had this great and abiding love for Allah (SWT) and his messanger (PBUH).

I know that no man/woman is perfect but when I was with them, their love of Islam poured over into their love for each other and they seemed to me, compared to couples in the West, to have a perfect life. They had no great need for techno gadgets, bigger and better appliances or cars. They lived very simply...very frugally and had (what the West would consider) almost nothing. Yet, they were the happiest people I ever met. When I was in their company, I aspired to be as they were, yet, it seemed like it would probably take a long time for me to reach those heights.

My short time with them was the turning point for me in my decision to take my Shahada. I marvel over how people, unknown and quite unexpectedly, can come into one's life, and by their very example of living their belief system, can change your life forever.....and then, just as suddenly, leave. It only serves to strengthen your faith that Allah (SWT) places who and what he wants in your path when you are ready to recieve Islam. :)

There are, for me, lots of other reasons to love Alexandria but they all fall secondary to the first one. For me, it holds precious memories and a very special place in my heart. :) (All credit goes to Allah).
Reply

Imam
01-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by KelleyD
Salam Imam,
When I was on my quest to discover Islam many moons ago, I met the kindest, most generous couple in Alexandria who, more than just tell me about Islam, proved what Islam was (and still is) by their living examples. .
when I asked about reasons,I was just wondering why Alex ? is it cause of the sea and nature?
but there are more beautiful touristic places by the red sea eg,Sharm and Hurgada......


but there in such places if one intends to live for a long time ,one must be prepared to high cost of living ,and that makes Alexandria a better choice as life there cost less ......


also life in Alex is less complicated than Cairo (Africa's most populous city)population of about 17.8 million people......
I lived in Cairo about 7 years and my life there was like a hard struggle ... but I had to study there...... but It is not the City that I advice anyone to live or even staying more than few days ...


Now I feels no wonder after reading your post ...and the nice couple you knew .. It is nice for me to know such people but nowadays I can't as I'm living abroad......

May Allah bless you always.
Reply

Faith.
01-17-2009, 10:08 AM
I'd love to live in Madina, It's so peaceful, And your mind's always focused on Allah. You look forward to going to Masjid-Nabwee at prayer. It's got such a calm atmosphere. It's just amazing.:D
Reply

*Yasmin*
01-17-2009, 01:10 PM
i like to visit madinah and maka
but i prefer to live where i live with all the difficulties
btw, i don't like to live in arab countries (exclude palestine) for reasons
Reply

KittyKat
01-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Alaska. I love it there. I lived there briefly when I was in my late teens. The splendor of nature there is unbelievable.
Reply

~Taalibah~
01-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Ultimately, i would love to live in Madinah Munawwarah-
Because its one of the places Dajjal cannot gain access and its peaceful, a city of the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wassalam) Unfortunately, the price they charge for one villa is enormous!

Canada is another-
Because from what little i've read its society is not so against Muslims as Australia and other western ruled Countries? This i'd like more info on tho as i'm curious.

Malaysia- A Muslim country but with a big BUT..
Reply

Mikayeel
01-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Miami Hawaii, malaysia. Basicly anywher where its summer all year round, nd plenty of tropical fruit :D
Reply

x..Muslimah..x
01-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I'd Like To Live some-where down medina Or Makkah ..&- Hopefulli Take my finall breath there as well .. Inshallah
Reply

KelleyD
01-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Imam
when I asked about reasons,I was just wondering why Alex ? is it cause of the sea and nature?
but there are more beautiful touristic places by the red sea eg,Sharm and Hurgada......
Yes. Well, my second reason was because I love Egypt more than any place I've ever been but the heat in Cairo is too oppressive for me. I'm a nordic type and have spent most of my life in the Northwest and Alaska. I loved being right next to the sea in Alex with the breeze coming in. The heat and conjestion (not to mention the noise pollution with all the honking cars) make Cairo less than ideal.
Originally Posted by Imam
but there in such places if one intends to live for a long time ,one must be prepared to high cost of living ,and that makes Alexandria a better choice as life there cost less ......
Yes, that was also another reason. When I came I lived quite comfortably for very little money. The food, clothing, gas, taxis, rent, etc were all relatively inexpensive. There was a nice little theatre and some beautiful bakeries that sold the most exquisite butter cookies round the corner. Lots of little things that made life very relaxing and enjoyable without having to slave away to afford them. I can live quite comfortably with very little but while I was there, I had more than I've ever had anywhere else.

Probably the last thing is that life is slow there. People aren't in a hurry like in the US. They take time to enjoy the things that matter. They smile alot. They make jokes. They really seem to be enjoying life. They seem very content and when I am there, I am as well.
Originally Posted by Imam
May Allah bless you always.
Barakakkah Fik :)
Reply

KelleyD
01-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by KittyKat
Alaska. I love it there. I lived there briefly when I was in my late teens. The splendor of nature there is unbelievable.
Scenery wise, Alaska is just about as close to heaven as you can get. :) The only reason I am not choosing it is because, as a Muslim, I prefer to live in a Muslim land and the US is about as fitna as you can get. I don't like my tax dollars going to support a war that kills Muslims..........but then, that's a whole other thread...........
Reply

Mikayeel
01-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by KelleyD
Scenery wise, Alaska is just about as close to heaven as you can get. :) The only reason I am not choosing it is because, as a Muslim, I prefer to live in a Muslim land and the US is about as fitna as you can get. I don't like my tax dollars going to support a war that kills Muslims..........but then, that's a whole other thread...........
Really? What i had in mind was, that alaska would b burried under snow for most of the year, and it would be so cold that u cnt leave wonder around at night
Reply

KelleyD
01-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Actually, that is a myth. It gets far colder in places like Chicago, Minnesota, Cleveland, Burlington and Buffalo/Rochester. There will be many days when it is warmer in Alaska than many states in the lower 48. When I lived in the southeastern region of Alaska, it never went below 40 degrees and mostly drizzeled rain in the wintertime with only snow occasionally. Up in Ankorage, there is snow but it's nothing complared to the blizzards I had to endure growing up in Ohio or the sub zero degree temperatures every winter in Kansas.
Reply

sirajstc
01-18-2009, 01:39 PM
saudi arabia
Reply

nebula
01-18-2009, 02:05 PM
i wanna live in the blessed land of makkah!
Reply

sirajstc
01-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by nebula
i wanna live in the blessed land of makkah!

same here:statisfie
Reply

Imam
01-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by KelleyD
the heat in Cairo is too oppressive for me. I'm a nordic type The heat and conjestion (not to mention the noise pollution with all the honking cars) make Cairo less than ideal.

Not only the noise is annoying especially in the center of the city, but more serious The air pollution ,according to wikipedia

There are over 2,000,000 cars on the streets of Cairo, 60% of which are over 10 years old
what makes matter worse and the real pain for Cairo and almost all Egypt is the very poor dispersion factor because of lack of rain

without any exaggeration ,the fewest amount of rain on the planet falls in Egypt
that is why about 95% of Egypt land is a desert !!


another kind of pollution is land pollution, Cairo produces 10,000 tons of rubbish each day

The Cairo Cleaning and Beautification Agency was founded to collect and recycle the rubbish but it is not perfect and the results are not satisfying........

What a City !! :)



Originally Posted by KelleyD
The food, clothing, gas, taxis, rent, etc were all relatively inexpensive.
true.....and If the stranger not alone and being with Egyptian (friend,or married there) that will make the costs less ...as no way for a seller to cheat him-her ,selling something with a price more than normal.....



Though food is cheap ...but I advice to pay attention to the manufactured food in Egypt ....I don't want to give details as it is long topic .....





Originally Posted by KelleyD
Probably the last thing is that life is slow there.
the life in villages is slow indeed , some women stay hours for preparing a meal !!!! due to its complicated steps ..... in order to result in delicious taste...

some people criticize that ,arguing that food doesn't deserve such big waste of time to be prepared..


Originally Posted by KelleyD
People smile alot. They make jokes.
No doubt about that and that is something that Egyptians are famous for....

their sense of humor even in hardships...

lots and lots of things about Egypt and Egyptians to be said....
Just I don't want the thread to be Egyptian :)

any Brother or sister or even a non-muslim would visit Egypt or like to ask about any helpful information there I'm at service just to PM to send all the details.....


Originally Posted by Mikayeel

Miami Hawaii, malaysia. Basicly anywher where its summer all year round, nd plenty of tropical fruit
Bro Mikayeel It seems you are fond of fruit like me ....

I used to eat a kilo of fruit daily :)


peace for all
Reply

Gia
01-19-2009, 10:55 AM
I've always liked living in Gaza, which is where I currently live, but for some obvious reasons I'd like to live somewhere out of planet earth. Honestly, I'm fed up with many things lately, but I wouldn't choose to go live somewhere else, at least for now.
Reply

*Yasmin*
01-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Gia
I've always liked living in Gaza, which is where I currently live, but for some obvious reasons I'd like to live somewhere out of planet earth. Honestly, I'm fed up with many things lately, but I wouldn't choose to go live somewhere else, at least for now.
you live in Gaza! i notice your absence
ukhti may Allah protect you and give you the patience you and all the Palestinians there .ameen
how the situations now ?
Reply

Gia
01-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
you live in Gaza! i notice your absence
ukhti may Allah protect you and give you the patience you and all the Palestinians there .ameen
how the situations now ?
Thank you so much ukhti, we're gradually back to our lives. But the city is literally destroyed, one can't see but ruins everywhere, it's like an earthquake hit the whole area. I just hope things will get better.
Reply

Imam
01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by gia
thank you so much ukhti, we're gradually back to our lives. But the city is literally destroyed, one can't see but ruins everywhere, it's like an earthquake hit the whole area. I just hope things will get better.
اختى العزيزة ، اشعر غاية الحزن والاسى لمايحدث فى بلدنا العزيز غزة ، وكل ما نستطيع قوله فى تلك الظروف هو مرحبا بكم فى مصر انتم اهل وقطعة من مصر وكما يقال حقا دوام الحال من المحال ولكل ظلم وجبروت نهاية غدا سيكون مشرق ان لم يكن لنا ف للاجيال التى بعدنا ...... ويبلى الناس على قدر ايمانهم ،ثبتكم الله على الايمان وعوضكم مالم تحتسبوا امين
Reply

Gia
01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Imam
اختى العزيزة ، اشعر غاية الحزن والاسى لمايحدث فى بلدنا العزيز غزة ، وكل ما نستطيع قوله فى تلك الظروف هو مرحبا بكم فى مصر انتم اهل وقطعة من مصر وكما يقال حقا دوام الحال من المحال ولكل ظلم وجبروت نهاية غدا سيكون مشرق ان لم يكن لنا ف للاجيال التى بعدنا ...... ويبلى الناس على قدر ايمانهم ،ثبتكم الله على الايمان وعوضكم مالم تحتسبوا امين
شكرا لك أخي الكريم و لأهل مصر الكرام
أوافقك في أن الغد سيكون أفضل، لقد اعتدنا الا نفقد الأمل حتى لا يفقدنا
لكنني أصدقك القول بهول الفاجعة، , و كبر المأساة
أ تمنى أن تتحسن الأمور فقد اكتفى الناس هنا من الآلام

*Yasmin*
I would like to thank you so much for the private message which I will reply once it's possible since I'm not allowed to send private messages until I reach 50 posts.
Reply

*Yasmin*
01-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by gia
i would like to thank you so much for the private message which i will reply once it's possible since i'm not allowed to send private messages until i reach 50 posts.
انت دائما على الرحب والسعة اختي الغالية
لستِ بحاجة لشكر احد اختي بل نحن بحاجة لشكركم على صمودكم وايمانكم
في امان الله
Reply

Re.TiReD
01-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Spain or Makkah insha'Allah
Reply

~Taalibah~
01-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Gia
Thank you so much ukhti, we're gradually back to our lives. But the city is literally destroyed, one can't see but ruins everywhere, it's like an earthquake hit the whole area. I just hope things will get better.
Ameen, Ameen, Ameen!!!
Reply

KelleyD
01-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Imam
the life in villages is slow indeed , some women stay hours for preparing a meal !!!! due to its complicated steps ..... in order to result in delicious taste...

some people criticize that ,arguing that food doesn't deserve such big waste of time to be prepared..
Once, my friend brought in a handful of something that looked like a bunch of overgrown weeds. She said we were going to make dolmas. Then she pulled out this sickle looking thing--like the kind you see as a Russian symbol--and told me to sit on the floor and get on one end. We see-sawed these weeds (parsley, really) back and forth for an hour into little itsy bitsy teeny tiny bits for about an hour! :) I thought about how easy it would have been to just run into Krogers and buy some parsley and mint already finely chopped and bottled. (But that would be cheating :D ).

She told me some funny stories and I laughed alot while we were chopping so that made it all worthwhile. There may be other reasons besides delicious taste that keeps women engaged in long preparation of meals! :D It's the only time we get to be alone so we can talk about the men! (hehe) :nervous:
Reply

maron
01-21-2009, 09:17 PM
I would love to live in Madinah.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!