/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help and Advice requested

friend.friend
12-30-2008, 12:37 PM
salam

this is a friend of yours.
actually i need some advice .
how can we control our habits and desires ?
how to get rid of bad habits ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
12-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Greetings and peace be with you friend, welcome to the forum, I hope you will feel encoured by everyone here.

I have struggled with bad habits all my life and I am only 59. I kind of know what to do, but knowing and doing are two very different things. You need the will to change, and ask God for help in your prayers.

This quote is profound

Destiny Douglas C Hess

Watch Your Thoughts, For They Become Words,
Choose Your Words, For They Become Actions,
Understand Your Actions, For They Become Habits.
Study Your Habits, For They Become Your Character,
Develop Your Character, For It Becomes Your Destiny.
It all starts from your thoughts, so if you can control and influence your thoughts through prayer that is the start.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding

Eric

Zahida
12-30-2008, 10:03 PM
That was great Eric. I am sure i have read that before somewhere, but what a true than true quote!!!:)
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you friend, welcome to the forum, I hope you will feel encoured by everyone here.

I have struggled with bad habits all my life and I am only 59. I kind of know what to do, but knowing and doing are two very different things. You need the will to change, and ask God for help in your prayers.

This quote is profound

It all starts from your thoughts, so if you can control and influence your thoughts through prayer that is the start.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding

Eric

IbnAbdulHakim
12-30-2008, 10:06 PM
erics advice is on target.

seek refuge in Allah from bad thoughts

whenever a bad one comes into your mind say astagfirullah

surely the habits start from thoughts

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorahmad
12-30-2008, 10:11 PM
fast, fasting help you to control yourself

khaled
12-31-2008, 03:41 AM
fasting is the only treatment for u

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.