/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Flirtatious Behavior of Men and Women

Ummu Sufyaan
01-01-2009, 09:26 AM
:sl:
Flirtatious Behavior of Men and Women

“And I will describe something to you that you see with your own eyes: and that is that I have never seen a woman in any place who senses that a man is looking at or listening to her, except that she begins to gesture in a way that she not normally gesture, and begins to make remarks the likes of which she was not making before, and you would see her pay more attention to how she articulates her words and how she varies her postures - in an obvious and non-subtle manner. Men do the same thing if they sense the presence of women. As for the showing off of physical features, straightening of the walk, and emergence of flirtatious behavior that occurs when men and women come to be in each other’s presence or cross each other’s paths, then this is clearer than the Sun in every place.

Allah - the Mighty and Exalted - Said: {“Tell the believers to lower their eyes and protect their private parts…”} [an-Nur; 30], and He Said: {“And let the women not tap with their feet, making their hidden ornaments known…”} [an-Nur; 31]

Were it not for Allah’s knowledge of the soft manner in which women droop their eyelids when attempting to win the affection of men’s hearts, and the vile plans that they secretly concoct in order to rouse a man’s desires, He would never have revealed a verse regarding something so remote.”

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
highway_trekker
01-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Jazaakillaahu khayran for the reminder... sad indeed imsad

Yanal
01-03-2009, 02:29 AM
Asalam Alaykum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh

That is the answer why there are going to be more Women in he'll.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-03-2009, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by highway_trekker
Jazaakillaahu khayran for the reminder... sad indeed imsad
wa iyaaki:) disgusting too :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

wa alaykum us-Salaam wa rahmatulah Wabarkatuh

it is:? daleel man :p :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimahBlue
01-04-2009, 08:24 PM
JazakAllah Khair,
The description is so true!
great reminder for us all.

Zahida
01-04-2009, 08:31 PM
:sl: Thankyou for that reminder..........................:w::smile:

TabTabiun
01-06-2009, 12:33 AM

Walikum Salaam Wa Rahmahtullahi Wa Barakhatahu

The reason why there will be more women in the hell fire is due to them showing ingratitude to their husbands.

سلثتحعرين!
01-09-2009, 11:36 AM
i find this a bit sexist

Pk_#2
01-09-2009, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by سلثتحعرين!
i find this a bit sexist
You'll find similar articles on men..

If that's what is making you feel this is sexist. Care to explain?

سلثتحعرين!
01-09-2009, 11:52 AM
I dont no, it is like eve getting the blame all over again i suppose

Pk_#2
01-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Not necessarily, why Eve?

You are accountable for your own actions,

'No carrier shall carry the burden of others' & He (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) says, 'We created man of a water-drop, Surely We guided him to the right way, now whether he (follows it and) be grateful or (goes astray and) be ungrateful is up to him' & 'Whoever, be it a male or a female, does good deeds and he or she is a believer, then they will enter the Paradise' (Al-Qur'an)

Islam is not sexist.

S_87
01-09-2009, 03:26 PM
as a female would you say its generally true? is it the woman that flirts looks wise or the man? (generally speaking)

Snowflake
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
The Quranic verse applies to men and women.

However the rest is also very true. I must have read a few hundered if not thousands of women's magazine which are full of article/tips on how to catch a man's attention; from using perfumes with pheromones to makeup tricks to make eyes/lips appealing to men, and which figure enhancing clothes to choose. All this is nothing but a ploy to catch men's attention and make them desire you. And women spend money like water for this purpose. It isn't just non muslim women but ignorant muslim women doing the same thing. If men like the thrill of chasing, it's women who do their best to make sure they are being chased. If they want they can prevent it e.g. a covered muslimah. Allah knows what is in the hearts and He perfected Islam to help us from falling into the trap of our own desires and ruining ourselves.

youngsister
01-09-2009, 04:16 PM

Were it not for Allah’s knowledge of the soft manner in which women droop their eyelids when attempting to win the affection of men’s hearts, and the vile plans that they secretly concoct in order to rouse a man’s desires, He would never have revealed a verse regarding something so remote.”
And..vice versa:w:

Al-Zaara
01-09-2009, 06:42 PM
It is told there will be over 4 women for 1 man in the End Times. Now that of course increases the numbers of less practicing and sinful females than of men ('cause they just decrease in number), which then leads to filling Hell. Logical? Of course.

Now regarding magazines full of naked, half-naked or semi-naked women and full of ways how to attract a man... Do not forget that there has to be a demand for stuff to happen (I'm thinking along the economical-line here for example), the more men are straying from good behaviour path and such, the more they will make the women believe they are to be attractive to them. That's just another reason, isn't it. There isn't one definitive answer. And Allah knows best.

سلثتحعرين!
01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
I would honestly say its both.

Forget the filth you see in mags etc. Its all body language, every tiny little tilt of head, curve of lips, flutter of eyelashes, the way you walk, look in their eyes.

Some i believe can read body language better then others. I dont think makeup etc makes a diff, its the persons confidence wearing it that makes a differnce.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Some i believe can read body language better then others. I dont think makeup etc makes a diff, its the persons confidence wearing it that makes a differnce.
i disagree :)...a women doesn't have to say/do anything really to get the attention of the man. she can be simply walking down the street wearing something attractive (including make up/perfume, etc), and that will make him turn his head.

i think its referring to the women more because she is the one who, by nature, is more physically attractive. i mean you have the guy that is drawn by physical attraction (:mmokay:), and you have the women who is naturally attractive innit

so yh next time a man develops shapes and curves like a women, then we'll tell him to cover up too! :p :uuh:

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
It is told there will be over 4 women for 1 man in the End Times. Now that of course increases the numbers of less practicing and sinful females than of men ('cause they just decrease in number), which then leads to filling Hell. Logical? Of course.
how do you mean :?

Now regarding magazines full of naked, half-naked or semi-naked women and full of ways how to attract a man... Do not forget that there has to be a demand for stuff to happen (I'm thinking along the economical-line here for example), the more men are straying from good behaviour path and such, the more they will make the women believe they are to be attractive to them. That's just another reason, isn't it. There isn't one definitive answer. And Allah knows best.
not to say that the dude is right in "straying from the path" (in this sense), but i don't get how hes menno lower his gaze when his very natural instinct is targeted. if you get my drifty :p
subhanAllah, in the Quran Allah tell the men to lower their gazes, and for women to cover up. so its a two way thing. you don't see that Allah only tells the women to cover up and the men to have their gazes wondering, or that the dude to lower his gaze adn for her not to dress modestly.
SubhanAllah its a two way street :)

ans also, the sheikh may have been addressing a group of brothers when he were preaching this<---just a general note to everyone.

^[AnKaBooT]^
01-14-2009, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=Pk_#2;1077512]'No carrier shall carry the burden of others'[QUOTE]

not true kabeel gets sins for every murder committed since he is first murderer.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
:wasalamex

Perhaps that is logical, but the hadeeth already outlined why there will be more women in Hellfire, and it isn't due to women outnumbering men in the dunya.

On topic though, jazaakillaah khayr for the article sis.

Al-Zaara
01-14-2009, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah
Perhaps that is logical, but the hadeeth already outlined why there will be more women in Hellfire, and it isn't due to women outnumbering men in the dunya.
One never knows, Allahu knows best and that which is unknown for us today.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-15-2009, 07:33 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah
:wasalamex

On topic though, jazaakillaah khayr for the article sis.
wa iyyaki

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
One never knows, Allahu knows best and that which is unknown for us today.
yh, but you should just stick to what has been told in the hadeeth, etc without gong into our own interpretations...if you do, at least back it up with a word of a scholar :)

soz, i still have to reply to your PM :-[

AnonyMouse~
02-08-2009, 10:03 PM
JazakAllah Khair for the great read bro, it's so true!

zanjabeela
02-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Hmmmmm. Very nice reminder, mashaAllah. I take exception to the use of hyperbole:
I have never seen a woman in any place who senses that a man is looking at or listening to her, except that she begins to gesture in a way that she not normally gesture, and begins to make remarks the likes of which she was not making before, and you would see her pay more attention to how she articulates her words and how she varies her postures - in an obvious and non-subtle manner.
Seriously? Never seen a woman who does not aim to flirt with any random man? Seriously, how about your own mother, sisters, or daughters? I understand the purpose of the exaggeration, but it's that same exaggeration that can be a tremendous turn-off to some sisters listening in. It makes it sound like Islam is so condemning of women...of course, we all know this to not be true. And the other thing that bugs me: the title of this article is "Flirtatious behavior of Men and Women." But, there is only glancing reference to the behaviors of men. Makes women sound so darned evil, which of course we might be...but it's a two-way street: there is no supply without demand.

I just noticed that this is from ibn Hazm, and as such it is not something I would criticize. I am sure there was more to what he wrote than this. I wish the source quoted had provided an equal amount for the other gender :)

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
02-09-2009, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amnuh
JazakAllah Khair for the great read bro, it's so true!
bro? never heard that one that one before :p lol, im a sis! :D but wa iyyaki anyway lol

sevgi
02-09-2009, 08:20 AM
I think most brothers are scared of me...and I never get it when they are interested in me. My friends sense it three weeks before I do. LOL....I only realise that a bro is interested in me when he asks me. Funneh.

That is to say that I do not flirt. Ever. I wouldn't be able to even if I wanted...I just don't work that way...and I guess this freaks some guys out.

Gia
02-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Jazaakillaahu khayran for the reminder sister

No brother, this is not why ,,,,

Indeed, women will be more in jannah as well as they'll be more in hell because of their number. Muhammed pbuh has stated that before the day of al-qiama, the number women will be a lot more than the number of men.

crayon
02-09-2009, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAnjabeela
Hmmmmm. Very nice reminder, mashaAllah. I take exception to the use of hyperbole:
Seriously? Never seen a woman who does not aim to flirt with any random man? Seriously, how about your own mother, sisters, or daughters? I understand the purpose of the exaggeration, but it's that same exaggeration that can be a tremendous turn-off to some sisters listening in. It makes it sound like Islam is so condemning of women...of course, we all know this to not be true. And the other thing that bugs me: the title of this article is "Flirtatious behavior of Men and Women." But, there is only glancing reference to the behaviors of men. Makes women sound so darned evil, which of course we might be...but it's a two-way street: there is no supply without demand.

I just noticed that this is from ibn Hazm, and as such it is not something I would criticize. I am sure there was more to what he wrote than this. I wish the source quoted had provided an equal amount for the other gender :)

:w:
I would rep you but I can't give any at the moment!
Jazaki Allah khair sis, I completely agree.

AhlaamBella
02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
SubhanAllah, the guys in my college sit back waiting for the girls to flirt, then lap it up when that wish is granted. The high pitched squealing and echoes of "That's so funny! Hehehehe!" is enough to drive me crazy. But the guys encourage it all by walking around as if they are God's gift to women. Huh. ^o)

sevgi
02-09-2009, 10:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
SubhanAllah, the guys in my college sit back waiting for the girls to flirt, then lap it up when that wish is granted. The high pitched squealing and echoes of "That's so funny! Hehehehe!" is enough to drive me crazy. But the guys encourage it all by walking around as if they are God's gift to women. Huh. ^o)
*vomits*

I know how you feel. Urgh.

AhlaamBella
02-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Lol my thoughts EXACTLY :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.