/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are ostirches an intermediate between land animals and birds?

Faisal Pervaiz
01-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I was wondering as there have been no fossils showing intermediate life forms, whereas Darwin said there should be.

So i was wondering are ostriches an intermediate life form between a land animal and a bird.

Also why do Atheists still believe in Evolution even though there has not been one single intermidate fossil found.?

Also are the number of different shapes of graptolites support evolution?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faisal Pervaiz
01-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Someone please answer

Muezzin
01-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I'll move this to the Health and Science section. It should be better exposed to members with the relevant knowledge.

جوري
01-02-2009, 06:15 PM
an ostrich is a big bird!
just like the coelacanth is just a fish-- was once thought to be an evolutionary intermediate between sea and land because it has these pseudopods sort of like muscular legs.. they are 410 million years old, thought to be extinct, but they are still found today (un-evolved)

The primitive-looking coelacanth (pronounced SEEL-uh-kanth) was thought to have gone extinct with the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. But its discovery in 1938 by a South African museum curator on a local fishing trawler fascinated the world and ignited a debate about how this bizarre lobe-finned fish fits into the evolution of land animals.

There are only two known species of coelacanths: one that lives near the Comoros Islands off the east coast of Africa, and one found in the waters off Sulawesi, Indonesia. Many scientists believe that the unique characteristics of the coelacanth represent an early step in the evolution of fish to terrestrial four-legged animals like amphibians.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...&ct=image&cd=1

you can google more about it and read more and draw your own conclusions as I am out of time...

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Faisal Pervaiz
01-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Jazakallh sister.

Does anyone know if graptolites evolved?

Chuck
01-02-2009, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faisal Pervaiz
Does anyone know if graptolites evolved?
tbh, don't know, but you can see the variations in fossil records.

Trumble
01-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Also why do Atheists still believe in Evolution even though there has not been one single intermidate fossil found.?
One reason atheists 'believe in' evolution (that is, they consider it the best explanation to certain questions regarding the origin of species) is because the statement

there has not been one single intermidate fossil found
is completely untrue. It is a claim made a few over-zealous creationists who do not understand what they are talking about.

root
01-04-2009, 02:37 PM
The term "intermediate species" is a bit of a loss maker, in effect one can say that every single species around you and including you are intermediate.

Is the Osterich gaining or losing flight?

Regards

Faisal Pervaiz
01-04-2009, 02:37 PM
So there has been intermidate fossils

Chuck
01-04-2009, 02:56 PM
So there has been intermidate fossils
I would recommend read the whole thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...rspective.html

Zamtsa
01-04-2009, 03:33 PM
The problem of Atheists Faisal Pervaiz, they are people who said (figuratively) "There are 2 bricks I found lying in a road , after I'm gone somewhere, I was seeing the bricks became standing. That must be because the bricks just rise themselves."

2nd, they always find the DNA scientists as their biggest enemies in declaring the truth of Evolution.

3rd, the skulls of animals like Pithecantropus, Meganthropus, Homo Paleo etc, were smaller than the skulls of human beings. And so what happened was an increase in DNA, instead of just using the word evolution, because "Adaptation," and "Competition," aren't that magnificent to change them.

4rd, There was found a giant in the Arabian desert, here:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...t_skeleton.htm

I believe it's true and fact, eventhough IF it is hoax, I who had found a Shahih hadits which said like "Adam 'alaihi Salaam height was 60 Dzira' (30 Metres) and his descendants got shorter and shorter in height."

This is what I will be responsible in the Day of Al Qiyamah.

So it was a giant which the height more than 6 Meters.

Faisal Pervaiz
01-04-2009, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Thayyib
The problem of Atheists Faisal Pervaiz, they are people who said (figuratively) "There are 2 bricks I found lying in a road , after I'm gone somewhere, I was seeing the bricks became standing. That must be because the bricks just rise themselves."

2nd, they always find the DNA scientists as their biggest enemies in declaring the truth of Evolution.

3rd, the skulls of animals like Pithecantropus, Meganthropus, Homo Paleo etc, were smaller than the skulls of human beings. And so what happened was an increase in DNA, instead of just using the word evolution, because "Adaptation," and "Competition," aren't that magnificent to change them.

I believe it's true and fact, eventhough IF it is hoax, I who had found a Shahih hadits which said like "Adam 'alaihi Salaam height was 60 Dzira' (30 Metres) and his descendants got shorter and shorter in height."

This is what I will be responsible in the Day of Al Qiyamah.

So it was a giant which the height more than 6 Meters.

Are you saying that the skull was of propehet Adam (pbuh)?

And what is the day of Al Qiyamah?

Zamtsa
01-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Offcourse not. Adam 'alaihi Salaam existed, while the animals also existed.

Al Qiyamah is the Day of Judgement which will happen after Allahu Ta'ala make the earth look like at Adam 'alaihi Salaam's time.

Trumble
01-04-2009, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Thayyib

I believe it's true and fact, eventhough IF it is hoax
It is a hoax, I'm afraid.

The image displayed above was taken from Worth1000, a site devoted to hosting contests in which entrants show off their skills at manipulating photographs using digital editing programs. This particular picture was an entry from one of the site's "Archaeological Anomalies" competitions, in which entrants vied to create the most realistic archaeological hoaxes: "Your job is to show a picture of an archaeological discovery that looks so real, had it not appeared at Worth1000, people might have done a double take."

The basis for this image was a real photograph of an excavation site near Hyde Park, New York, where scientists were working to uncover the skeleton of a mastodon. Someone then linked the altered version of the image used for the Worth1000 contest entry with a fictitious backstory based on the Islamic account of the Prophet Hud, creating the hoax quoted above — which spread especially far after being published as a seemingly real news article on the web site of The New Nation, described as "Bangladesh's Independent News Source."

A May 2007 blog entry entitled "Bhima's son Gadotkach like skeleton found"
(and attributed to a 22 April 2004 Times of India article) repeated the hoax, with the locale switched from Saudi Arabia to northern India and additional skeleton photos included.
LINK

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.