/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pm's

Ummu Sufyaan
01-04-2009, 08:50 AM
:sl:
No, only excessive InterGender PMs are monitored. There have been quite some instances in the past, and continue still, that prompt us to do a check every now and then.
click

please make them more thorough...what happens if the brother (or sister) ask for an email/MSN address through that one PM :exhausted?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
01-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

Jazakallaahu khayran for the concern. You are right - that is always the danger. Ultimately it is Allaah (swt) that we must all fear, for He is the One that knows all that happens whether in public or secret. The rest of us can only remind and do so much.

Re.TiReD
01-04-2009, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
click

please make them more thorough...what happens if the brother (or sister) ask for an email/MSN address through that one PM :exhausted?
:wasalamex

Sis...erm. I think we both have the same thing in mind.

The best we can do is warn and educate the younger sisters in the sisters room and just ignore as best you can if it happens.

WassalamuAlaykum

Yanal
01-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Asalam Alaykum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh
What do you mean sister?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
01-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Sister Ramlah is a Sister according to her profile.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-05-2009, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud

Sis...erm. I think we both have the same thing in mind.

The best we can do is warn and educate the younger sisters in the sisters room and just ignore as best you can if it happens.

WassalamuAlaykum
lol yh thats a good idea...educate our sisters. why the heck didnt i think of it :p

but nah i thought i should post in the main too just so that if anyone thinks of anything fishy, they can get lost! :D

Muhammad
01-05-2009, 09:38 AM

If you get any such PMs or know of a situation, you should contact an Admin so that they can investigate and warn the members involved to refrain from abusing the PM facility.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-05-2009, 10:07 AM
^ok will do then, inshallah. barakallahu feek.

Re.TiReD
01-05-2009, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah

lol yh thats a good idea...educate our sisters. why the heck didnt i think of it :p

Thread made in sisters room alhamdulillah :)

Ansariyah
01-05-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't see wats the big deal..If u don't like it tell the bro. I'm sure no brother will keep asking again n again..

Cabdullahi
01-05-2009, 10:16 PM
i think some of us brother have taken things alittle too far and im going to put myself in the firing line and say ive been a ''mild'' perpetrator,but inshallah we will focus and mend our many irregularities

Re.TiReD
01-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Can I just say that this isnt a diss at all brothers. Its just that we wanna keep the little ones safe.

And sis yanoorah, read the threads in sisters insha'Allah, you'd be surprised at how many persist.

Ansariyah
01-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I see..Well they shouldn't persist. There is really no point! No means NO!

aminahjaan
01-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Yeah this is a good reminder Masha'Allah, It's kind of surprising though. And Insha'Allah no one gets sucked into doing that.

But it's kind of funny and weird at the same time "Hey let's hook up over Islamic board"
hahahaha

Yanal
01-06-2009, 02:39 AM
Whats this about? Gender fighting or something:?:

BlissfullyJaded
01-06-2009, 02:40 AM

No, it's not rather them persisting with one sister again and again, but from what I've known they just PM several sisters hoping somebody will fall for the bait. As stated earlier, contact an admin and they'll sort it out inshaAllah.

Yanal
01-06-2009, 02:48 AM
:w:
For what... Are they trolls or spammers?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-06-2009, 08:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I don't see wats the big deal..If u don't like it tell the bro. I'm sure no brother will keep asking again n again..
yh but i wanted to start a thread in public to let those who are thinking anything "fishy," will hopefully know that the member's/admins are on to them :)

For what... Are they trolls or spammers?
nopes, just err...weirdos :p

Yanal
01-06-2009, 03:31 PM
like me...? Perhaps Alpha:D

Re.TiReD
01-06-2009, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
like me...? Perhaps Alpha:D
Not at all.

Nothing for you to worry about bro.

Yanal
01-06-2009, 03:43 PM
good.

Amat Allah
01-06-2009, 05:20 PM
may Allah guide us and them all Ameeeeeeeeeeen

Muhammad
01-08-2009, 01:59 PM

The following thread is a good reminder for this topic:

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...uidelines.html

جوري
01-08-2009, 05:41 PM
:haha: you gals get propositioned by PM, and I always seem to get hate mail and death threats er I mean 'hell threats'

Some of the sisters here do a very wise thing which is put restrictions on whom they can receive PM messages from.. something to consider, as the old Egyptian adage goes..
'The door that brings you considerable forceful wind -- close it and relax!'

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Pk_#2
01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Whats this about? Gender fighting or something:?:
Yeah..:hmm:

Get out of the thread Yanal, ur too little to view this. I like how u changed ur name to Abu Sayyad on T. :ooh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RyaA1ArJxg

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!