/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interview Tip

AabiruSabeel
01-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh...

We normally hear in many speaches that Allah SubHaanahu wa Ta'ala (SwT) has bestowed us with a complete Deen which encompasses all the aspects of our life irrespective of time and place of its application. But we have never pondered over this and have never tried to appreciate the depth of this statement and the reality of how complete and how beautiful our Deen is. Have we ever followed a Sunnah with pride thinking that this is a part of our Deen which shows a complete way of life with benefits in this life as well as the life hereafter?

Let's analyze how our Deen guides us through the interviews that we need to face when we go out in search of sustenance…
We all know the story of Yusuf 'Alaihis Salam (AS), when the king of Egypt saw in a dream seven cows being eaten up by seven calves and seven green ears of corn and other (seven) dry, he asked his courtiers for its meaning. One of his courtiers who was released from the prison went to meet Yusuf (AS). Yusuf (AS) not only clarified the meaning of the dream but also provided with a solution to the impending problem.
Allah (SwT) says:
He said: Ye shall sow seven years as usual, but that which ye reap, leave it in the ear, all save a little which ye eat. Then after that will come seven hard years which will devour all that ye have prepared for them, save a little of that which ye have stored. Then, after that, will come a year when the people will have plenteous crops and when they will press (wine and oil).
(Surah Yusuf: 12.47-49)

The king was very happy and he asked Yusuf (AS) to be brought in the palace. The wife of 'Aziz confessed her sin and Yusuf (AS) was released from the prison. When he came in front of the king, he said:
Allah says:
قال اجعلني على خزآئن الأرض إنى حفيظ عليم
He said: Place me (in authority) over the treasures of the land, surely I am a good keeper, knowing well.
(Surah Yusuf: 12.55)

Here Yusuf (AS) pointed out his two qualities, إنى حفيظ عليم, surely I am a good keeper, knowing well. Hafeez (good keeper) also implies being honest and trustworthy, and 'Aleem (Knowing well) means he has the knowledge of what he had to do.

Now, any person who has these two qualities is sure to get a job.
Usually they ask a question similar to "Tell us one good reason why we should hire you?" or "What can you do for our company?"

If you tell them, I am honest and trustworthy, being a Muslim I have to be honest, and I know the job, I have knowledge and can do the work; they are surely going to hire you. And if you don't have enough knowledge for work, tell them I can learn very fast and I will be able to handle the projects pretty soon. They will not put you aside.
Believe me, the world is in need of trustworthy people everywhere. Everyone is bothered about safety and security. So anyone who has these two qualities is sure to get a good position soon, inshaAllah.

Notice how complete our Deen is. If we try to understand the Quran, Sunnah and the life of the companions, we will surely get answers to all the problems of our life. Our success in this life as well as in the life hereafter lies in following the Commandments of Allah in the beautiful way shown by our Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam, in all aspects of our life irrespective of time, place and environment.
Allah did confer a great favour on the believers when He sent among them a messenger from among themselves, rehearsing unto them the Signs of Allah, sanctifying them, and instructing them in Scripture and Wisdom, while, before that, they had been in manifest error.
(Surah Aal-Imran: 3.164)

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.