/* */

PDA

View Full Version : prayer

noorseeker
01-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I know this must have been said a thousand times before

But the way i pray is buging me, i pray the hanafi way

but everybook ,every site, every new revert i see prays the salafi way.

I know my mum wont be happy if i change my prayer,

so what shall do

Jazakallah khayran in advance for your replies

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
bump

rpwelton
01-09-2009, 05:05 PM
I didn't realize there is a "hanafi" prayer.

Can you describe what exactly you do in the prayer that you feel is odd?

Soulja Girl
01-09-2009, 05:06 PM
:sl:

Well, do you do everyfin else the Hanafi way? :hmm:

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
01-09-2009, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Well, do you do everyfin else the Hanafi way? :hmm:

i dont even knw my self, i wana knw the correct way

We all do wudu the same. so how can the important thing in islam, salat be different.

Soulja Girl
01-09-2009, 05:29 PM

^Well bro, one sahabah must have seen the prophet (SAW) perform salah in one way, whereas another sahabah might have seen the prophet (SAW) performin salah in a completely different manner... But you can't say that one iz riight and one iz wrong, cuz both are riight, if you know where I'm comin from... And Allah knows best. :hmm:

noorseeker
01-12-2009, 08:42 PM
im confused

S1aveofA11ah
01-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Why don't you leave all the titles to one side - Hanfi, Salafi and just take the required title Muslim and ask yourself how the Prohpet prayed - look at a balance of sources - and Ask Allah for an answer Insh'Allah?. First and foremost when you die you will be required to die as a Muslim to gain Allah's forgiveness Insh'Allah (ameen) not a Hanafi etc ---> A MUSLIM FIRST AND FOREMOST!.

Dawud_uk
01-13-2009, 07:29 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

the prophet muhammad (saws) said pray as you have seen me pray, so there is a correct way, there are valid differences of opinion and there is a wrong way.

for example even some of the early hanafi's wouldnt pray with their hands at their navel as they couldnt find a sahih hadith for this and the one used by the hanafis has a slight weakness in the chain so here even though i am hanafi i cross my hands over my chest not further down.

it is a matter of following the stronger evidence from the ulema though, not making it up ourselves according to our own understanding.

assalaamu alaykum,

Najm
01-14-2009, 11:04 AM

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

My advise( as im not a scholar etc):

When this kind of "debate" arises, i tend to move away, and concentrate on the MORE important issues, such understand the importance of salah, having kushoo in salah is far more important, rather than where the hands go!

If you dont have the right intention, you get no rewards, no matter how perfect your physical actions.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, explaining the difference between the khushoo’ of true faith and the khushoo’ of hypocrisy: “The khushoo’ of true faith is when the heart feels aware and humble before the greatness and glory of Allaah, and is filled with awe, fear and shyness, so that the heart is utterly humbled before Allaah and broken, as it were, with fear, shyness, love and the recognition of the blessings of Allaah and its own sins. So no doubt the khushoo’ of the heart is followed by the khushoo’ of the body. As for the khushoo’ of hypocrisy, it is something that is put on with a great show, but there is no khushoo’ in the heart. One of the Sahaabah used to say, ‘I seek refuge with Allaah from the khushoo’ of hypocrisy.” It was said to him, ‘What is the khushoo’ of hypocrisy?’ He said, “When the body appears to have khushoo’ but there is no khushoo’ in the heart.’ The person who truly feels khushoo’ before Allaah is a person who no long feels the flames of physical desire; his heart is pure and is filled with the light of the greatness of Allaah. His own selfish desires have died because of the fear and awe which have filled his heart to overflowing so that his physical faculties have calmed down, his heart has become dignified and feels secure in Allaah the remembrance of Him, and tranquillity descends upon him from his Lord. So he has become humble (mukhbit) before Allaah, and the one who is humble is the one who is assured. Land that is “mukhbit” is land that is low-lying, in which water settles, so the heart that is “mukhbit” is humble and content, like a low-lying spot of land into which water flows and settles. The sign of this is that a person prostrates to his Lord out of respect and humility, and never raises his head until he meets Him. The arrogant heart, on the other hand, is one that is content with its arrogance and raises itself up like an elevated portion of land in which water never settles. This is the khushoo’ of true faith.”

...Source...
I am sure, your doing all the main things salah, its the smaller details given by madhabs etc

If you still need to ask, then you can PM me, or ask a another etc

Allahu Alim

FiAmaaniAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.