/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Conditions For Entering Heaven or Hell at the Day of Judgement

omar_2133
01-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi. I was wondering if the good deeds and the bad deeds that a person commits (which he hasn't repented for) accumulate all his life, or are they wiped out at the end of the year, and you get to start with a clean slate?

I know that I've commited hundreds of sins these past few months, and at this rate, I don't think I can repent for them, or make up for them by doing as many good sins due to the massive number. Will these sins still count as part of my record, or will I have a chance to start fresh at a certain time, like in Ramadan or New Year?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
omar_2133
02-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Anyone got an answer?

sshussain
02-03-2009, 07:54 PM
As Salaam alikum,
Hasten in repentance, do it right now, because you never know when death is going to take over you.
And it is for sure that your sins are not bigger than the Mercy of Allah (s.w.t), so do not despair of HIS mercy.
http://islamqa.com/en/search/repentance/AllWords/t,q,a

Dawud_uk
02-03-2009, 08:23 PM
:sl:

repent to Allah for all you can remember, you major sins especially and Allah will forgive, he is the most merciful and will forgive you everything else inshallah.

it is an old trick of shaitan to make people think their sins are too big, too many to repent from so repent now, dont wait. just go do wudhu and make salaah of repentence and lots of du'a for forgiveness.

:sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali.
02-03-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm so sorry hardly anyone has replied and it's been over 3 weeks!

You must never give up on repentance: turn to Allah [swt] for your sins, and repentance consists of the following:

* Promising you must never commit the sin again, no matter what!
* Feel a deep regret for the sin, and realise that what you did is wrong
* Start to 'repel evil with good', i.e. start commiting good deeds from now on!

Remember, Allah [swt] is all merciful:

...For He [Allah [swt]] is Oft- Returning, Most Merciful.
2:54

Except those who repent and make amends and openly declare (the Truth): To them I turn; for I am Oft-returning, Most Merciful.
2:160

...For verily Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
3:89

Allah accept the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy: For Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.
4:17

And remember; we humans are prone to make errors, what you must do, though, is to learn from your mistakes, insha'Allah!

& Also:

Allah the Almighty has said:

"O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind.

O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you.

O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its."

[Related by Al-Tirmithi].

Take care, bro'.

Sister_22013
02-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Assalaam Alikum

Brother, do not ever feel this way, remember Allah is Most Merciful and Oft-Forgiving.

When you pray, you are being forgiven of your sins. When you go through hardships in life, you are being forgiven of sins. You are constantly being forgiven of them without even knowing.

Repent for any specific sins that you can remember and also do not forget to
1. acknowledge what you did was wrong
2. ask for forgiveness
3. make an earnest attempt not to let it happen again

For sins you can't remember, just in general ask Allah to forgive you of your sins. Say "Astighfirallah" often.

Regarding "clean slates" I believe there are Durood Sharifs you can recite which clear 80 years of sins. Unfortunately I do not know how authentic the claim is, perhaps someone can fill us in on this.

But there is an authentic hadith for something like this. But remember, do not say them and continue indulging in sins, they are only good if you try harder to better yourself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Durood-e-Wali

ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA MUHAMMADININ NABI YIL UMMI YI WA AALIHI WABAARIK WA SALLIM.

"O Allah! Send blessings on Muhammad, our chief the unlettered Apostle and his Family Thy favours and thy Salutations".

Hazrat Shah Wali'ullah Dehlvi (radi Allahu anhu) said that his father commanded him to recite the above Durood Shareef as it was the best one.

Hazrat Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu), a close companion of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), has said that if a person recites this Durood eighty times on Friday (after evening prayers), then his sins equivalent to 80 years will be forgiven.

This is a very important Durood Shareef which brings forth immediate success and satisfaction to the heart and the mind.

Hazrat Zarar bin Auzar (radi Allahu anhu), another companion of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) says that he used to recite this Durood Shareef and fight with the non-believers. In every battle, he saw that success kissed his feet, and he never lost any battle on any day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sahih Bukhari Volume 8 : Book 75 : Hadith 414 :

Narrated by Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever says, 'Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi,' one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope this helps brother, but please remember, one of the most important aspect of Allah is that He is very forgiving. So please when you ask for forgiveness, leave thinking Allah has forgiven and do not let Shaytaan doubt this.

omar_2133
02-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the answers. So I was wondering, are a person's sins recorded from the time they reach puberty to the end of their life, or are they recorded from a particular date, such as the beginning of a new year, or other event?

Sister_22013
02-08-2009, 06:15 PM
The sins are recorded starting from puberty or the time where one can properly differentiate right from wrong and this goes on until you die that is correct. So someone who is mentally ill and does not know right from wrong is not held responsible for such actions.

There is no starting over in the new year or date really, that I know of. But brother when you do something bad it counts as 1 sin. When you want to do something good and do not do it, is counts as 1 good deed. When you want to do something good and you actually DO it, it can count as 10 good deeds. And the hadith I referred to you, basically, you can inshAllah be forgiven of all your sins (throughout your life) everyday and of every hour if you wanted to! Do not feel hopeless, Allah is most merciful, honestly, it makes me cry sometimes.

And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.