/* */

PDA

View Full Version : more than one wife?

UmmahFollower09
01-12-2009, 03:34 AM
:sl:
Bismillah Rahmaner Rahim

Brothers & Sisters I have come across some Hadith that I am confused about. One hadith narrated by Sahih Bukhari, states that men are promised two wives from the hur al ayn. Another hadith from Tirmidhi i believe it was I dont quite remember, states that men will be given tents which are 60 miles in width, and there will be a hur at every corner of the tent for the men. It also states that the the wife will not see all the other wives, and the believer will visit all of the wives. Another hadith (again I apologize I don't know where or who its narrated by) states that men will get 72 or 73 hurs and 80,000 servants.

I have multiple questions:

1. Why do they need hurs? Why cant they live with their wife (or wives, if they had more than one wife) that they lived with in this dunyaa?

2. The original wife is the one who really knows the husbnad and what they have been through, the good & the bad. So why not be together without other women (hurs) interfering?

Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if these questions have already been asked or if this is the wrong place to ask such questions.

Jazakallah Khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
01-12-2009, 08:11 PM
:salamext:

really useful insha Allah;
http://www.islamicboard.com/hereafte...paradise.html?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.