/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-13-2009, 02:40 AM
:sl:
al-taraakhi and at-Ta3qeeb. (التراخي والتعتيب)
all i know is that they are associated with Arabic grammer, but could someone expand?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
01-13-2009, 12:15 PM
If you're referring to "huroof al 'atf", then I can help you, but if it's something else, then I don't know.

"Fa" and "thumma" (sorry, no arabic keyboard) are both from huroof al atf. The fa's meaning is "al tarteeb wa al ta3qeeb". Thumma's meaning is "al tarteeb wa al tarakhi". Tarteeb has to do with ordering, so when you say several things, they are ordered one after the other. Ta3qeeb and tarakhi have to do with when the actions/things happen in relation to each other. Ta3qeeb means the second thing comes right after the other, wherease tarakhi means there is some time between the two things.

So if I say "Akaltu fa sharibtu", it means I ate then immediately drank. But if I say "Akaltu thumma sharibtu", it means I ate, then after a while, drank. How long the "while" really is can be inferred from the actual sentence, but that's the general idea.

Hope that helps.

بنــuaeــت
01-16-2009, 10:16 AM
شكرا لك اختي

Ummu Sufyaan
01-18-2009, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
If you're referring to "huroof al 'atf", then I can help you, but if it's something else, then I don't know.

"Fa" and "thumma" (sorry, no arabic keyboard) are both from huroof al atf. The fa's meaning is "al tarteeb wa al ta3qeeb". Thumma's meaning is "al tarteeb wa al tarakhi". Tarteeb has to do with ordering, so when you say several things, they are ordered one after the other. Ta3qeeb and tarakhi have to do with when the actions/things happen in relation to each other. Ta3qeeb means the second thing comes right after the other, wherease tarakhi means there is some time between the two things.

So if I say "Akaltu fa sharibtu", it means I ate then immediately drank. But if I say "Akaltu thumma sharibtu", it means I ate, then after a while, drank. How long the "while" really is can be inferred from the actual sentence, but that's the general idea.

Hope that helps.
jazakiallahu khair sis...
so in other words the word "fa" can be translated as "and then" as well :?
:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Yasmin*
01-18-2009, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed

jazakiallahu khair sis...
so in other words the word "fa" can be translated as "and then" as well :?
:)
yeah

Ummu Sufyaan
11-03-2009, 02:45 AM
I got another qn. In Surat al-Ikhlaas it say: لم يلد ولم يولد but how can something give birth before they are born (as the wording of the ayah implies)...so in other words, why does the word يلد come before يولد?

Al-manar
11-04-2009, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
why does the word يلد come before يولد?
good Question

The word يلد come before يولد

denotes a matter of importance,but how?

The fact that Allah been claimed to have a son of the same nature ,by the christian ..but none ever claimed that Allah(what they call the father) to be a son .......

so the verse put the priority of the negation of God having a son,and afterthat negates God as being born of some other being ....

And Allah knows best..

peace

Ummu Sufyaan
11-09-2009, 11:02 AM
some other qn's:
how do you know when a noun is proper and non-proper. i know that the tanween signifies that it isnt proper, but other than our textbook/teacher telling you that certain nouns are proper/non-proper is there any way of being able to differentiate? or do you have to be some top-notch arabic scholar to know?

another thing:
this sentence
... هاتان يا أستاذ. هذا لي. وهذا لمحود زهذا لحامد وهذا لإبراهيم
my point is...that "هذا "stands out to me and i cant remember if there was any rules pertaining to it when it comes after a haff jarr (in this case و). are there any rules pertaining to it? it doesn't sound right just sitting there with no rules attached to it...

are the nouns in that sentence majroor because of the و" "or becuase of the "ل"? what would happen if the ل was removed... are the nouns still majroor despite the dhameer (pronoun) being there?

Ummu Sufyaan
11-14-2009, 11:08 AM
^
how do you know when a noun is proper and non-proper. i know that the tanween signifies that it isnt proper, but other than our textbook/teacher telling you that certain nouns are proper/non-proper is there any way of being able to differentiate? or do you have to be some top-notch arabic scholar to know?
bump...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!