/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to convert to Islam?

cutiefencer95
01-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Hello everyone,
As the title suggests, I want to convert to Islam. I am completely sure of my decision. So I wanted to know what are the stpes that I must do? Is it required for me to go to a mosque? Thank you so much everybody!

Assalamu Alaykom.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zico
01-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey there,

First I would like to congradulate you on finding the true path :D

Second please try to contact the nearest mosque you can find to help you out.

See: http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...me-muslim.html for more info :D

take care

TabTabiun
01-13-2009, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cutiefencer95
Hello everyone,
As the title suggests, I want to convert to Islam. I am completely sure of my decision. So I wanted to know what are the stpes that I must do? Is it required for me to go to a mosque? Thank you so much everybody!

Assalamu Alaykom.
Walikum Salaam, Congratulations it would probably be better if you went to the Masjid because usually they give advice, and pamphlets out to new Shahadas, and they usually answer any questions that you may have.

Hamayun
01-13-2009, 11:13 PM
SalamAlaikum Sister,

It is better if you go to the mosque but it is not necessary.

All you have to do is say with all honesty "I testify that there is no diety worthy of worship except the one true God and Mohammad (pbuh) is his messenger"

If you say the above from your heart you are a Muslim. May Allah help you and guide you closer to him Insha'Allah.

Also you could watch this video and follow the words... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WyapD4jFljg

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Civilsed
01-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Hello everyone,

Assalamu Alaykom.
Asalam Alaykum,

Congratulations, I would suggest going to a mosques to take your Shahada i.e. to testify that there is no deity worthy of worship accept Allah and that Mohammed (PBUH) is the prophet of Allah.

Insha'Allah they will get you started. If you have any questions or need books etc... contact me and i will be more than happy to help.
:D

You can also visit http://theislamicummah.ning.com/ there s information for revert there.

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-13-2009, 11:33 PM
SalamAlaikum Sis,
Congratulations on your decision.Allahuakbar!
May Allah increase your knowledge of Islam.

UmmSqueakster
01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the forum and hopefully soon to islam inshaAllah. On my list of resources for converts, there's a a web capture of an excellent site that is unfortunately offline. There's a good read on How to Convert to Islam.

sirajstc
01-14-2009, 02:16 PM
masha allah welcome sister :)

may allah bless you ameen

^[AnKaBooT]^
01-14-2009, 02:21 PM
UMMMMM u should say this from the core of ur heart and believe it first.'I testify with proof that there is no one fit to be worshipped except allah and Muhammad (peace and blessings of allah be upon him) is his messenger AND SLAVE.
Then these are the things u should believe you should attempt to go nearest mosque cover your head with scarf cover whole body possible except eyes though face not important to cover.
You may not understand but i really dont know anything on how to convert.But i do know these things.
ESSENTIALS OF IMAN ( IMAN MUFASSAL)

There are seven (7) essentials to basic Islamic faith not believing in one of these essentials a person remained outside the fold of Islam

( IMAN MUFASSAL)

"I believe in Allah, in His Angels, His Scriptures, His Prophets, the Day of Judgement, and in the fact that every thing good or bad (in the world) is pre-destined by Allah the Exalted, and in the resurrection after death."

In summary the Muslims believe in Allah, in His Angels, Holy Scriptures (Quran, true bible and Torah etc.), the Prophets, believe in the life after death, including interrogation in the grave, punishment in the grave, Distraction of this Universe one day (doom day) resurrection, the Day of Judgement, rendering account of ones deeds, and passing over the Siraat Bridge, believe in the existence of Paradise, and the believers will live in it for ever, believe in the existence of Hell, with its severest punishments, and that it will last for ever. All the seven things stated in Iman Mufassal are quite evident from the sacred text of the Holy Qur'an, as well as, from the holy words of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace be on him)

KittyKat
01-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Allahuakbar!

http://english.islamway.com/

I used the live help section when I said my shahada 7 days ago.

Allah keep you on the straight path!

Danah
01-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Congratulation sister ...and welcome back to your original home :)

piXie
01-15-2009, 09:56 AM
:sl:

masha'Allaah, this is good news. May Allaah continue to guide you and give you happiness and success in this life and the hereafter. :)

Dawud_uk
01-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Hello everyone,

Assalamu Alaykom.
wa alaykumus salaam,

just go for it, say your shahadah (pronoucing that there is none worthy of worship besides Allah and muhammad is his messenger).

if you do this to yourself Allah will know you are muslim and i would advise you to do this straight away as none of us know when we will die.

but the official shahadah is saying in front of two muslim witnesses the shahadah and then you are muslim.

you dont have to go to a masjid, though a lot of people like to do so to make it seem more official and because it also cheers up the rest of us to know of a new muslim in the community.

after this you can learn more about islam and how to pray etc but first the shahadah without delay and then worry about the rest.

- Qatada -
01-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey. :)

All you have to say is the following words;

I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is His Messenger.

Then in arabic; Ash hadu an laa illaaha ill Allah, Muhammadun Rasool Allaah.

If you say that, ALL your past sins are forgiven and you're like a new born baby! You've joined a family of over a billion people from around the world!

After this, you can learn about how to pray, and how to get more closer to Allah. Here's a really good link for converts;

http://muslimconverts.com

May Allah make the path to paradise/jannah easy for you, ameen. :)

tresbien
01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
How To Become a Muslim ?

Praise be to Allaah.

All praise be to Allah, the lord of the universe. May peace and blessings of Allah be upon Mohammad, His last messenger.

The purpose of this hand-out is to correct a false idea spread among those willing to adopt Islam as their faith. Some people have a wrong notion that entering into th Islamic fold requires an announcement from the concerned person in the presence of high ranking scholars or shaikhs or reporting this act to courts of justice or other authorities. It is also thought that the act accepting Islam, should, as a condition, have a certificate issued by the authorities, as evidence to that effect.

We wish to clarify that whole matter is very easy and that none of these conditions or obligations are required. For Allah, Almighty, is above all comprehension and knows well the secrets of all hearts. Nevertheless, those who are going to adopt Islam as their religion are advised to register themselves as Muslims with the concerned governmental agency, as this procedure may facilitate for them many matters including the possibility of performing Hajj (Pilgrimage) and Umrah.

If anyone has a real desire to be a muslim and has full conviction and strong belief that Islam is the true religion ordained by Allah for all human-being, then, one should pronounce the “shahada”, the testimony of faith, without further delay. The Holy Qur’an is explicit on this regard as Allah states :

“The Religion in the sight of Allah is Islam” (Qur’an 3:19)

in another verse of the Holy Qur’an, Allah states :

“If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (Submission to Allah), Never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (their selves in the hell fire).” (Qur’an 3:85)

In addition, Islam is the only religion prevailing over all other religions. Allah states in the Holy Qur’an :

“To thee We sent the Scripture in the truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety :…. (Qur’an 5:48)

Mohammad, the Prophet of Allah (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon him), said :

“The superstructure of Islam is raised on five (pillars) : testifying that there is no God (none truly to be worshipped) but Allah, and that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah, performing the prayer, paying the Zakah (poor-due), fasting the month of Ramadan, and performing Hajj.”

The Shahada can be declared as follows :

“ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH”.

The English translation is :

“I bear witness that there is no deity (none truly to be worshipped) but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah.”

However, it would not be sufficient for anyone to only utter this testimony oraly either in private or in public; but rather, he should believe in it by heart with a firm conviction and unshakeable faith. If one is truly sincere and complies with the teachings of Islam in all his life, he will find himself a new born person.

This will move him to strive more and more to improve his character and draw nearer to perfection. The light of the living faith will fill his heart until he becomes the embodiment of that faith.

What would be next after declaring oneself a Muslim ? one should then know the real concept underlying this testimony which means the oneness of Allah and meet its requiremants. One must behave accordingly, applying this true faith to every thing one speaks or does.

What do the words of the “Shahada” signify? The significant point which every Muslim must know very well is the truth that there is no God (deity) to be worshipped other than Allah. He-glory be to Him – is the only true God, Who alone deserves to be worshipped, since He is the Giver of life and Sustainer and Nourisher of mankind and all creation with His unlimited bounties. Man must worship Allah, Who alone is worthy of worship.

The second part of the Shahada “i.e., Wa Ash-hadu anna Mohammadan abduhu wa rasuluh” means that Prophet Mohammad (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) is the servant and chosen messenger of Allah. No one must have two opinions about this matter. In fact the Muslim has to obey the commands of the Prophet (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon him), to believe him in what he has said, to practise his teachings, to avoid what ha has forbidden, and to worship Allah alone according to the message revealed to him, for all the teachings of the Prophet were in fact revelation and inspirations conveyed to him by Allah.

What is the meaning of worship? It simply means rendering sincere service, showing reverence for Allah. In a deeper shade of meaning, it implies total submission and complete obedience to Allah’s commandments both in utterances and actions of man whether explicit or implicit.

Worship fall into two categories :
Visible (manifest or outward). Invisible (concealed or inward).

Visible worship includes acts such as uttering the two parts of the “Shahada”, performing prayers, giving Zakah (the poor-due), recitation of the Holy Qur’an, supplication, adoring Allah by praising Him, purifying our bodies before prayers, etc.

This type of worship is associated with movement of the parts of the human body.

Invisible worship is to believe in Allah, in the Day of Judgement (in the Hereafter), in the Angels, in the Books of Allah, in the Prophets of Allah, in the Divine Decree of destiny (that good and bad are determined by Allah alone).

This type worship does not involve movement of parts of the body but it surely has bearing on one’s heart which subsequently affects one’s way of life.

It should be borne in mind that any worship not dedicated to Allah alone will be rejected as one form of polytheism and this causes apostasy from the Islamic fold.

The next step for a newly revert to Islam is the purify himself by taking a cmplete bath. He should then resolve to comply with the principles and rules of Islam in their entirety. He should disown all forms of polytheism and false beliefs. He should reject evil and be rigtheous. Such rejection of evil and being righteous is one of the requisites of the motto of Islam – that is, Laa ilaha illallah.

Allah states in the Holy qur’an :

“…whoever rejects evil and believes in the Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy Hand-hold, that never breaks…” (Qur’an 2:256).

We have to consider that when declare from our heart that “ there is no god (deity) worthy to be worshipped but Allah”, it implies on our part love, devotion, faith and obedience to the rules of Islamic legislations which are legally binding on all Muslims. It is a requiremant of “there is no god worthy to be worshipped but Allah” to love for the sake of Allah and to reject for the sake of Allah.

This is the firmest anchor of belief which materialise the meaning of “AL WALA” and “AL BARA”. It means that a Muslim should love and be loyal to his Muslim brothers. He should, as a practise, dissociate himself completely from the unbelievers and refuse to be influenced by them, both in wordly and religious matters.

We conclude with a humble prayer to Allah that may He cleanse the hearts and souls of those who are genuine seekers of truth and may He bless the community of believers.

Aameen.
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

tresbien
01-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Praise be to Allaah.

In the name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

“The revelation of the Book (this Qur’aan) is from Allaah, the All Mighty, the All Knower.

The Forgiver of sin, the Acceptor of repentance, the Severe in punishment, the Bestower (of favours). Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), to Him is the final return”[Ghaafir 40:2-3 – interpretation of the meaning]

Ibn ‘Abbaas – who was one of the companions of the Prophet of Islam (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – narrated that some of the people of shirk (polytheism) killed and did a lot of killing, and they committed adultery and they did that a great deal, then they came to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “What you say and what you are calling for is good. If only you could tell us that there is any expiation for what we have done.” Then Allaah revealed the words (interpretation of the meaning):

‘Say: “O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful.

And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him (in Islam) before the torment comes upon you, (and) then you will not be helped.

And follow the best of that which is sent down to you from your Lord (i.e. this Qur’aan, do what it orders you to do and keep away from what it forbids), before the torment comes on you suddenly while you perceive not!”

Lest a person should say: “Alas, my grief that I was undutiful to Allaah (i.e. I have not done what Allaah has ordered me to do), and I was indeed among those who mocked [at the truth! i.e. Laa ilaaha illAllaah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allaah), the Qur’aan, and Muhammad and at the faithful believers]

Or (lest) he should say: “If only Allaah had guided me, I should indeed have been among the Muttaqoon (the pious).”

Or (lest) he should say when he sees the torment: “If only I had another chance (to return to the world), then I should indeed be among the Muhsinoon (good‑doers).”

Yes! Verily, there came to you My Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and you denied them, and were proud and were among the disbelievers.’[al-Zumar 39:53-59]”

‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas was a mushrik (polytheist, idol-worshipper), a sinner and an enemy of Allaah. He said: “When Allaah put the love of Islam into my heart, I came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to pledge my allegiance to him. He stretched out his hand towards me, but I said, ‘I will not pledge allegiance to you, O Messenger of Allaah, until you forgive me my previous sins.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me, ‘O ‘Amr, do you not know that Islam wipes out whatever sins came before it.’” (Narrated by Imaam Ahmad, 17159).

So flee to Allaah and know that there is nothing that you are worried about, but the solution to it is to be found in the texts quoted above. Indeed, these texts are addressed to you; they refer to your situation and contain the answer to your problem.

Your Lord is Most Merciful; He accepts repentance and forgives all sins. His Mercy encompasses all things. He calls you and all His slaves to repent and to become Muslim. He has promised you, through the words of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), that all of your previous sins, major and minor, of whatever type, will be wiped out completely when you become Muslim, and you will start with a clean sheet, a new record of deeds that is free of bad deeds. So what are you waiting for? Why delay it any further? Hasten to enter Islam and worship your Lord, and we give you the glad tidings of a happy future and a good life in the shade of Islam. We were very happy – by Allaah – to receive your question, and we are waiting to hear good news.

For more information on how to enter Islam, please look at Questions #703&11936 And Embracing Islam . May Allaah protect you from all evil, for He is the Best of Protectors and the Best of Supporters, and He is the Guide to the Straight Path.
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.