/* */

PDA

View Full Version : just to clarify?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-14-2009, 12:17 PM
:sl:
a) are the first three generations the sahabi's, then the generation after that, then the generation after them?

b) if yes, are these people the ones who are referred to as as-Salaf us-Saalih?

please provide a daleel...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-17-2009, 08:58 AM
:sl:
*bump

Abu AbdulRahman
01-19-2009, 02:58 PM
1) Yes, they are the three generations
our prophet says: "the best human are in my century, then in the second century, then in the third one, after that will come people that are not good"
In Arabic:"خير الناس قرني ، ثم الثاني ، ثم الثالث ، ثم يجيء قوم لا خير فيهم"

I found this hadieth in "saheeh wa dha'if al jame al sagheer" Al Albani
"صحيح وضعيف الجامع الصغير" للشيخ الألباني

2) of course they are al salaf al salih
"al salaf" means the Muslims who lived before us
and "alsalih" means good people

they are good people because they lived with our prophet ( peace be up on Him ), or they lived with some who lived with Him.. so they are fresh, and they didn't have a doubt about many things that we have about Islam now.

they understood Arabic language better that we, so they can explain al Quran and al Hadieth better than we.

والله أعلم

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-19-2009, 03:23 PM
:salamext:

The hadeeth above is a mutawaatir hadeeth found in the two Saheehs and other than them, as stated by shaykh al-Albaanee in his article 'Why the word Salafee?', in Al-Asaalah magazine (translation can be read online here).

Sis, I created a large thread on this topic in the methodology section (I think it's been made sticky), check it out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.