/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day conversation

Yanal
01-17-2009, 12:23 AM
This is a conversation between a son and father on fathers day.Warning it is not funny.

Happy Father's Day

Son - Here is your Father's Day gift, Dad. I hope that you like it.
Dad - Of course I'll like it, Son. It's from you.
Son - It isn't much.
Dad - A tie! Wow! I'll be. That's nice, Son. It's a fine looking tie.Dad mutters - How Do they do it? Every year? I have a drawer with forty innit tiesnone of them match

that I own. Or shirt. It's like a conspiracy. They have to be doing this on purpose.
Son - What?
Dad - Oh, nothing. I love it, Son. Thank you.
Son - Well, I didn't know what to get you.
Dad - Um, Son, you can just ask me, next time.
Son - Oh. I didn't think that would be right.
Dad - Well, If I were the hinting kind, I'd hint for a new grill.
Son - And I would like a million dollars.
Dad - Funny.
Son - I can bring you some meat. How's that?
Dad - Well, Son, that would be great! Can you bring over your grill, too? Oh and could you just leave it here for awhile?
Son - Sure, Dad.
Dad - Thanks.
Son - You will have to get gas for it. It's empty.
Dad - Nevermind, Son. They say that it's the thought that counts.
Son - That's right.
Dad - I'll tell you what. Bring your edger over.
Son - It's broken.
Dad - Darn.
Dad - Say, what happened to my edger? Didn't you borrow that last Father's day?
Son - Yeah. I broke it.
Dad - Darn.
Son - I'll go get you a six-pack of beer.
Dad - You should have done that first. You could have saved all the money that you spent on that nice tie.
Son - You don't like the tie, do you, Dad?
Dad - Of course I do.
Son - I'll be right back.
Dad - Hurry back.
Son - Here's the beer.
Dad - Now, that's nice. Thanks.
Son - About the tie, I am sorry.
Dad - That's ok.
Son - No, really, I am.
Dad - Well, if it will make you feel better, I'll tell you something. My cleaning lady said that all of the ties that she found in my drawer would make a nice rug or comforter, if I wasn't going to wear them. She offered me twenty bucks for the whole drawer full. I told her that I couldn't part with them. They are special.
Son - Aw, Dad.
Dad - Yep.
Son - That's really sweet, Dad.
Dad - I know. She keeps asking me, though. She says she really likes the pink ones.
Son - That's nice.
Dad - In a few more years, they may be worth forty to her.
Son - You think so?
Dad - Yeah. I think she wants some more purple ones.
Son - Oh.
Dad - She told me that she had never seen a purple, pink and orange striped tie before.
Son - Really?
Dad - Yeah. It made me feel really special.
Son - That's nice.
Dad - She also said that she could make some fine curtains out of the red and brown striped ties. I think she has red
carpet in her house.
Son - That is great.
Dad - In fact, next year, why don't you call her up and ask her to go with you to pick out my tie?
Son - Are you drunk, Dad?
Dad - No. I just think you both have similar taste in colors.
Son - What's that supposed to mean?
Dad - Nothing, Son. Nevermind.
Son - You aren't getting senile, are you?
Dad - No. Raising you just made me a bit crazy.
Son - Oh. So, it's my fault?
Dad - Are you going to stay all day?
Son - I had planned on it. Why?
Dad - Good. You can help me paint the house. I'll get the paint and ladders out.
Son - Um, I forgot. I told my wife I'd be home soon.
Dad - She can come over and help.
Son - No, I think she has something planned for us.
Dad - Funny, you didn't mention that before.
Son - I forgot.
Dad - Are you getting senile? You know, they say that it sets in earlier, now days.
Son - No, Dad. I'm fine.
Dad - I hope so.
Dad - Oh, by the way, have you had a vision check done lately?
Son - No, Dad. Why?
Dad - Oh, nothing, really...just that your Aunt Joy has color blindness. It might run in some families. I am not sure. Just checking.
Son - Dad, my eyes are fine.
Dad - That's very good, Son.
Son - Well, I'll be going now. Take care.
Dad - You are going to leave the rest of the beer here, aren't you?
Son - Sure, Dad. I'll just take one with me.
Dad - Now, you know that isn't smart, with drunk driving laws being so tight. You better not do that.
Son - You are right, as usual. I'll just leave it all here.
Dad - That would be wise.
Son - Well, I'll be seeing you again, soon.
Dad - When are you planning on coming back for a visit?
Son - I'm not sure.
Dad mutters - Probably about the time I finish
painting the house.
Son - What?
Dad - Oh, nothing.
Son - Are you sure that you are ok?
Dad - Yeah.
Son - Before I leave, I wanted to ask you something. Can I borrow your boat?
Dad - Don't you remember? You sank it last summer. We never did find it.
Son - I thought that you would have bought a new one, by now.
Dad mutters - I knew better.
Son - What?
Dad - Nothing.
Son - How about the fishing poles?
Dad - Nope. You lost those, too.
Son - Oh, yeah. Oh, well.
Dad - After I get through
painting the house, I need to paint the fence. I'll save that for a time when you can come.
Son - No, You better go ahead. It may be some time before I visit you again.
Dad mutters - That figures.
Son - What?
Dad - Nothing.
Son - I thought I heard you say something?
Dad - Son, have you had your hearing checked, lately?
Son - No, Dad. Why?
Dad - Your cousin is deaf in one ear. You never know.
Son - Dad, my hearing is fine.
Dad - If you say so, Son.
Son - Dad, before I go, I wanted to ask you, can I borrow your ladder?
Dad - No, Son. I have to paint the house, remember? I can't reach that high.
Son - Oh, yeah. Sorry.
Dad - Are you drunk?
Son - No, Dad.
Dad - Son, next time you come, bring two six-packs. That way, you can stay longer.
Son - Sure, Dad. Happy Father's Day.
Dad - Thanks, Son.
Son - Bye, Dad.
Dad - Bye, Son.
Dad mutters - I thought he'd never leave. At least he didn't take anything with him, this time.

</U>

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
x..Muslimah..x
01-17-2009, 10:27 PM
LooL..

P.S: ehmm this might be goin off the topic but i was Wonderin..
Firstly i know We, Muslims arent allowed to celebrate events such as : birthdays, mother & fathers day, Valentines day etc..

Buh i was just wonderin why exactly .. :D

jenwen74
01-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, i would also like to know what is the harm in spending one day expressing how much you love your mum or dad. I am muslim and I just celebrated my daughters 4th Birthday. I didn't know we are not permitted to celebrate?? I always have celebrated (I converted to islam only in 2002). It is not a religous belief for me, it is just a happy, fun day.

ardianto
01-18-2009, 05:10 PM
They drink a beer. They are non Muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khalisah
01-18-2009, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jenwen74
Yes, i would also like to know what is the harm in spending one day expressing how much you love your mum or dad. I am muslim and I just celebrated my daughters 4th Birthday. I didn't know we are not permitted to celebrate?? I always have celebrated (I converted to islam only in 2002). It is not a religous belief for me, it is just a happy, fun day.

:sl:
I think it may be something to to do with those type of celebrations coming from Paganistic origins? And it was not something that Muhammad (saw) told us to do, and we should try to avoid what He (saw) avoided and do the actions that he did and encouraged us to do! And also, why wait for that one day a year to celebrate how much you love our Mum/Dad, buy them a gift on another day for no reason? Just to show them that you care? And have a big party for the kids again not because of their birthday but just as a treat for them? And Remembering to thank Allah for giving you beautiful children, and for the children to be thankful for that Allah has bestowed upon them? I don't know, it is just a thought and something I had thoughts of doing for my own children and parents?
:sl:

jenwen74
01-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Well, in reply to your message, i still find it difficult to find any harm in this. I understand Prophet Mohammed PBUH did not celebrate these things, but did he say not to celebrate at all?? Just because throughout the year, i do tell my mum i love her and i do buy her gifts, i also do things for my daughter and buy her gifts throughout the year, but i also do it on mothers day and birthdays. For me personally it is not a celebration that is actually belittling our religious beliefs or harming it? Surely we can have a bit of innocent fun without worrying that we are making the wrong move. I actually think it is a beautiful thing because i also thank allah everyday for my mother and daughter and everything that allah has created.......
I don't mean to be ignorant but until i see a reason that is convincing enough then i will continue to express my love in this way. I think some things are taken too literally. I know too many muslims who celebrate new year, so what is wrong with it? I still don't understand enough of this explanation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.