/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Uni and Prayer

Baji-Ji
01-22-2009, 11:52 AM
I have started praying (mashallah) in the course of the holidays, as I don't have exams I have 2 weeks extra off uni and I go back on Monday 26th. There are prayer facilities available and I hope to make use of them could anybody tell me what prayers I am able to shorten.

or under any circumstances are you allowed to pray salaat early if you know it will be made kazaa later on?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah_4ever
01-23-2009, 08:53 PM
salaam,
from all the advice I have been given and researched, it's not possible to say salaat earlier than its time, but you can join zohr and asr together, and join maghrib and isha.
prayers that can be shortened are prayers during travelling.
starting to say them is the most challenging, and its good youve overcome that. may allah help you with every matter.

Baji-Ji
01-24-2009, 11:59 AM
thankyou for you're reply may Allah reward you

am I able to read zohr/magribh and then join asr/isha with it

or before asr/isha read zohr/magribh

or does it work both ways.

muslimah_4ever
01-24-2009, 02:05 PM
salaam,
no it doesnt work like that. the only groupings are zohr/asr, and maghrib/isha. Since they are divided by the sunset. fajr is seperate too. And although you are not supposed to say salaat during sunset, if you need to, you can say your asr and zohr 5 mins before maghrib, as you don't know when your life will end. Allah(swt) understands. However do not leave it to the last 5 minutes purposely, knowing that you can, if you can say the salaat earlier.
do not worry, islam is not supposed to be a burden. you have the right intention. i believe kazaa is better than no salaat.
i hope this helps.
may allah bless you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimah_4ever
01-24-2009, 02:06 PM
salaam,
no it doesnt work like that. the only groupings are zohr/asr, and maghrib/isha. Since they are divided by the sunset. fajr is seperate too. And although you are not supposed to say salaat during sunset, if you need to, you can say your asr and zohr 5 mins before maghrib, as you don't know when your life will end. Allah(swt) understands. However do not leave it to the last 5 minutes purposely, knowing that you can, if you can say the salaat earlier.
do not worry, islam is not supposed to be a burden. you have the right intention. i believe kazaa is better than no salaat.
i hope this helps.
may allah bless you.

-Elle-
01-24-2009, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_4ever
salaam,
from all the advice I have been given and researched, it's not possible to say salaat earlier than its time, but you can join zohr and asr together, and join maghrib and isha.
prayers that can be shortened are prayers during travelling.
starting to say them is the most challenging, and its good youve overcome that. may allah help you with every matter.
hmm I believe you may only do this when you are travelling a certain distance (maybe, +2hrs? there i s certain number i believe but I don't know it),and it is only valid for 4 days.

*someone correct me if im wrong:)*

muslimah_4ever
01-24-2009, 04:52 PM
yes, it can be done in travelling, but shortening salaat is unique to travelling, i think you have to be away from home for under 2 weeks or around that, not sure of the exact time. You have to shorten your salaat during travel.
Grouping together is for extreme circumstances aswell, but there have been hadiths where the prophet (saw) joined them in normal cirumstances. that he (saw) was making an settign an example for muslims to make their lives easier. That said, of course it's better to say all 5 in their original times.

noorseeker
01-24-2009, 05:02 PM
your at uni by choice, when the time for salat comes go and pray, the tutuors cant stop you, im sure missing 10 mins of the lecture will not harm you. so just ask your tutor i gota go

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.