/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help

ninetrey
01-22-2009, 05:10 PM
esselamu aleikum wa rahmetulah

i need to know what bihamdi and al3adim mean in english.

and i also need to know how to thank allah and how i apologize to allah!

first i thought thank you allah means alhamdi lilah but then heard that that
means praise be to allah?please help

Subhan Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Donia
01-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Wa alaikum asalaam rahmatullahi wa barakatu.

I will try to help with what I can.
U can thank and apologize to Allah in many ways :)
I believe alhumdulillah means is to say thank u to Allah.
Astufurillah means "Allah, forgive me."

These are my understandings of what those two words mean.

Hope that helps inshallah.

Ayeshah
01-22-2009, 05:18 PM
W\S bro thats right alhamdulillah means praise be to allah but you can also use it to thank allah ii hope i helped you brother and may allah bless you ameen

piXie
01-22-2009, 05:24 PM
:wasalamex

bi hamdi = with praise

al 3adim = The Great/Mighty

How to apologize to Allaah: Astaghfirullaah - Also following up the bad deed with a good one.

How to thank Allaah: Alhamdulillaah (It does mean All praise is to Allaah - but that is how we thank Him. By praising Him) Also, to show true thanks and appreciation towards Allaah :arabic2: is by obeying Him.

btw when we write the name of Allaah, we should always use a Capital A. Those were good Questions you asked, mashaAllaah. I really benefited frm your post.

And Allaah swt knows Best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu AbdulRahman
01-22-2009, 05:48 PM
ninetrey..
Allah understands all what we ask him or say, in any language and in any words

He know what we want from him, and He know what we want to say

there are two things we have to do if we want to thank Him: by saying "thanks God", and by do the things which prove that we really thank Him

some one came to the prophet and told him: I don't know how to say what you and "Moa'ath" say in the prayer. the prophet asked him: "what do you say in your prayer?" he replied: I ask Allah to give me the Junnah, and prevent me from the hell. The prophet said: "all what I and Moa'ath say is around these things"

so say what ever you CAN to say.. Allah will give you what you ask, and will prevent you from what you want.. just be honest.

Ayeshah
01-22-2009, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu AbdulRahman
ninetrey..
Allah understands all what we ask him or say, in any language and in any words

He know what we want from him, and He know what we want to say

there are two things we have to do if we want to thank Him: by saying "thanks God", and by do the things which prove that we really thank Him

some one came to the prophet and told him: I don't know how to say what you and "Moa'ath" say in the prayer. the prophet asked him: "what do you say in your prayer?" he replied: I ask Allah to give me the Junnah, and prevent me from the hell. The prophet said: "all what I and Moa'ath say is around these things"

so say what ever you CAN to say.. Allah will give you what you ask, and will prevent you from what you want.. just be honest.
mashallah i agree with brotherabu abdurhman mashalla brother jazahllah may allah bles you am:Deen!!

ninetrey
01-23-2009, 03:15 PM
jazzak allahu khairan everybody for the good answers.

esselamu aleikum wa rahmetulah wa barakatu

ninetrey
01-23-2009, 03:16 PM
and what does subhan allah mean again?
at first i thought it means praise be to allah but thats already alhamdulilah right?

esselamu aleikum

ninetrey
01-23-2009, 03:25 PM
i have another question is it ok to pronounce alhamdulilah as elhamdililäh like in the beginning of surat al fatiha?

esselamu aleikum

Lamees
01-23-2009, 04:04 PM
wa 3alaykom assalam:)

and what does subhan allah mean again?
Subhaan:It literally means to exalt and make something higher than and above all things that lower its status.

and this definition is from Wikipedia:

The meaning of subhanallah is, making Allah pure, and it is bound to its original word (sabh, meaning void) as if he said, I verily absolve Allah from all evil.

بنــuaeــت
01-23-2009, 04:32 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

قال صلى الله عليه وسلم : (( ألا أعلمك كلمات إذا قلتهن غفر الله لك وإن كنت مغفوراً لك ؟
قل : لا إله إلا الله العلي العظيم ، لا إله إلا الله الحكيم الكريم ، لا إله إلا الله سبحان الله رب السماوات السبع ورب العرش العظيم ، الحمد لله رب العالمين )) صححه الألباني في صحيح الجامع الصغير.
فأكثري أخيتي من هذا الدعاء

Abu AbdulRahman
01-23-2009, 04:51 PM
i have another question is it ok to pronounce alhamdulilah as elhamdililäh like in the beginning of surat al fatiha?
if you say (besmellah alrahman alraheem), then you stopped before you say (alhamdulillahi), so you have to say (alhamdulilah)
if you didn't stop, you have to say (alhamdulilah)

Abu AbdulRahman
01-23-2009, 04:53 PM
sorry.. I did mistake:

if you say (besmellah alrahman alraheem), then you stopped before you say (alhamdulillahi), so you have to say (alhamdulilah)
if you didn't stop, you have to say (elhamdililäh)

Ayeshah
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
jazahllah khary i agree with brother abu abdurhaman

ninetrey
01-23-2009, 10:12 PM
sorry.. I did mistake:

if you didn't stop, you have to say (elhamdililäh)
esselamu aleikum

jazzak allahu khairan for your answer but i didnt mean if i can say it in prayer i meant if i can say it just anytime like that you know?

Abu AbdulRahman
01-24-2009, 01:11 PM
it is same thing brother.. in prayer or in any other case..
if you say besmillah then you say alhamdulillah.. it depend on what you do.. do you stop between or don't

if it is not alfatehah, and you say alhamdolillah, it depend also if you stop between the word before it or don't stop.. and it also depend on the last letter in the word before alhamdulillah, if it gas ( kasrah ) or ( fat'hah ) or ( dammah )

ninetrey
01-24-2009, 10:35 PM
ok and with no word before it just like that?

Abu AbdulRahman
01-25-2009, 12:53 PM
if there is no word before it, it is like when you stop between words.. you have to say "alhamulillah"

Ayeshah
01-28-2009, 02:40 AM
if there is no word before it, it is like when you stop between words.. you have to say "alhamulillah"
:sl: i am Ayeshah new to the group and i giving a lecture to the youth of our society so i was going to give a lecture about hijaab and is importance to the muslim woman in our society so i need some help just like a page or anything
please u can email it to me if u'd like aishaabdullahi21@gmail.com
thats my email and i need it by this following saturday so if i can get some help before tht that would be qreaat jazhallah khayr and may allah reward you all jannah :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):)

ninetrey
01-29-2009, 03:41 PM
esselamu aleikum

Allah means God right? what silabiys has Allah is it like Al-lah?
so like the god? and is it possible to say for example Arrahmanu Akbar like Allahu Akbar?

Yanal
01-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Asalam Alaykum
Alhumdulilah means "praise Allah".
I can't understand the other two you wrote in part numbers.

Abu AbdulRahman
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ninetrey
esselamu aleikum

Allah means God right? what silabiys has Allah is it like Al-lah?
so like the god? and is it possible to say for example Arrahmanu Akbar like Allahu Akbar?
Allah is His majesty name, but He also has 99 names
so it is OK to say Allahu akbar, or arrahmanu akbar.. or any else of His name
but in prayer you have to say Allahu akbar, because we are ordered to say it like this
but in doua'a or any thing else, you are free to mention any of His names, because all of them are belong to Him, and this is what the holy Quran says

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 03:25 PM
but in doua'a or any thing else, you are free to mention any of His names, because all of them are belong to Him, and this is what the holy Quran says

'And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allah, so call on Him by them' :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!