/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 10 ReAsoNs NoT To gEt MaRrIeD!!!

Najm
01-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Auzubillahi-Minash shaitwaanir rajeem. Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Everyone who is young and single is so focused on getting married and some people end up in family feuds over the subject of finding a suitable partner.

I don't intend to discourage any two muslims who are "in love" from afar to not get married and it is completing ones faith and it is an important sunnah.

I'd like to bring to light a different perspective for those who are doing everything to get married, instead of staying single for awhile and waiting longer before tieing the knot. Perhaps their is a reason for why you are not getting married so quickly? Perhaps there is a hidden blessing that you are over looking.

Think about it....

1. Single means you can eat, sleep, study, work, go out to the park when ever you want.

2. Being single allows you the opportunities to earn your own living in order to travel to far off major booming economies such as Dubai or Qatar, and you can work how ever many hours, jobs as you want.

3. Being single means you can spend your last two dollars on a chocolate covered chocalate if you wish,without anyone standing over you forbidding you for any reason.

4. Being single allows you to choose how you want to live, go to the masjid at anytime you like, not being forbidden from doing so.

5. Being single means you have more time to wait for Allah to send you a good Muslim your way, by waiting, sometimes you actually get better end results in finding a suitable marriage partner.

6. Being single allows you time to explore your own personality, and to buid "you" before you try to build a relationship based on "us".

7. Staying single longer means you can jump at any opportunity that comes your way, and you can set your life up, buy a car, build a nice house, so you'll always have something to call your own in your own name no matter if you get married or not.

8. Delaying marriage means more time that you can spend with your mom while she is still alive, instead of having to deal with a needy spouse who always wants you at home cooking and cleaning.

9. Staying single a little longer will allow you the opportunities stay out with your best friends instead of having to always be at home having to deal with a grumpy nagging spouse.

10. Last but not least, staying single means more opportunities to seek knowledge and more time to build your Imaan up!

...Source...

FiAmaaniAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-24-2009, 08:11 AM
:sl:
but you can do so many of those things whilst your married too...

9. Staying single a little longer will allow you the opportunities stay out with your best friends instead of having to always be at home having to deal with a grumpy nagging spouse.
that's a little insulting, no?

Re.TiReD
01-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Lameeeeee! That is soooo lameeeeeee ;D

1. Single means you can eat, sleep, study, work, go out to the park when ever you want.

Being married means you'll never be bored whilst doing any of the above

2. Being single allows you the opportunities to earn your own living in order to travel to far off major booming economies such as Dubai or Qatar, and you can work how ever many hours, jobs as you want.

What the...? Being married means you have your very own bodyguard....Mahram to go with :statisfie :p also that us sisters wont really have to work, beat that! :D

3. Being single means you can spend your last two dollars on a chocolate covered chocalate if you wish,without anyone standing over you forbidding you for any reason.

Why would your spouse wanna do that?

Being married means you dont have to drool over them chocs,you'll have someody to buy them for you :p

I dont have time to read the rest but they're all silly, surely a pious husband/wife would support you in all of them things and would be a blessing rather than a burden, no?

WassalamuAlaykum

abdullah_001
01-24-2009, 02:41 PM

One reason to get married:

It is the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (saw) :p

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2009, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm
[I][I]Auzubillahi-Minash shaitwaanir rajeem. Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

if i cant eat/sleep/study or work afta marriage then i must be dead or somethin lol. and im sure my wife wud love to accompany me to the park :D

whats the point of earning a living if you have no one to live with?

lol i need that restriction, trust me :D

4. Being single allows you to choose how you want to live, go to the masjid at anytime you like, not being forbidden from doing so.
i wouldnt marry someone who would prevent me from the masjid!!!!

5. Being single means you have more time to wait for Allah to send you a good Muslim your way, by waiting, sometimes you actually get better end results in finding a suitable marriage partner.
true but for those who find them quick, get married quick :D

6. Being single allows you time to explore your own personality, and to buid "you" before you try to build a relationship based on "us".
ive explored it enuff for one lifetime lol.

7. Staying single longer means you can jump at any opportunity that comes your way, and you can set your life up, buy a car, build a nice house, so you'll always have something to call your own in your own name no matter if you get married or not.
sounds a bit selfish, not me, definitly not me, i already gotta think bout family before all of those anywayz.

8. Delaying marriage means more time that you can spend with your mom while she is still alive, instead of having to deal with a needy spouse who always wants you at home cooking and cleaning.
lol thats just wrong, course mums gnna get priority always!!!!!

i dont think its good to always be with "friends" anyways, family first :)

10. Last but not least, staying single means more opportunities to seek knowledge and more time to build your Imaan up!
again a wifey can help with that.

hehe :p

Assalamu Alaikum broo i know it was just a joke, it was kinda funny :D

Olive
01-24-2009, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
if i cant eat/sleep/study or work afta marriage then i must be dead or somethin lol. and im sure my wife wud love to accompany me to the park :D

whats the point of earning a living if you have no one to live with?

lol i need that restriction, trust me :D

i wouldnt marry someone who would prevent me from the masjid!!!!

true but for those who find them quick, get married quick :D

ive explored it enuff for one lifetime lol.

sounds a bit selfish, not me, definitly not me, i already gotta think bout family before all of those anywayz.

lol thats just wrong, course mums gnna get priority always!!!!!

i dont think its good to always be with "friends" anyways, family first :)

again a wifey can help with that.

hehe :p

Assalamu Alaikum broo i know it was just a joke, it was kinda funny :D
Lol, I love this post though. :D

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2009, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
You mean the original post? It seems pretty serious to me. It's from a thread made on Al-Maghrib forums.
seriously?

lol i see

in taht case its funny that someone would seriously write that :p

-Elle-
01-24-2009, 04:40 PM
:uuh:

lol some of the replies are :thumbs_up:...I'll reply to some of statements..since some of the replies already given were exactly what I was thinking!

For men maybe.although I'd LOVE that, I wouldn't be able to move to another country/find a job/work in a strange country(although I speak the language) all on my own, with no relatives or friends whatsoever! What better thana spouse to start ur life with in a new country?:)

Sis Amatul Wadud, I love your reply!!:D
Could be true...the person u marry @ 18 might have the same interests as you at that age...but what if, when you're 25, you want something drastically different than what your spouse wants? (like...you want to travel to another country and live there for a while, and he/she wants to start a family):X
I don't mind sharing.:D

lol. who says we don't do those things already?:D *alright..maybe not ME specifically..lol*

...Source...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-24-2009, 05:28 PM

I remember this thread from the AlMaghrib forums! And I remember I didn't quite agree with it then. So I won't respond point by point because I'd be repeating some of the replies above.

My point is that the Messenger (salalahu 'alayhi wa sallam) told the youth that when they have the means, they should get married. And the wisdom behind that is profound because the benefits of getting married the earliest you are able to include (and are not limited to):

• Safety. Allaah described the spouses in the Qur'an as libaas: garments. {They are clothing for you and you are clothing for them. al-Baqarah; 187}. And just like a garment protects the wearer from the cold and harmful environment, a spouse protects you from evil around you.
  • When you're young, you have higher desires and if these desires are not treated in the proper manner, it can lead to harmful consequences. There are only so many things one can do to supress them, but when that limit is reached, people can and do fall.
  • Companionship.
  • Easier to lower the gaze.
  • Provided you choose a righteous spouse, you'll have someone to help you increase in good.
  • You find tranquility in marriage, with your spouse. As well as love and mercy. {And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy.} ar-Rum; 21
  • If you've chosen a righteous spouse, peace in your home. {And Allah has made for you from your homes a place of rest} an-Nahl; 80
  • Children. Just like love of women has been made something desired by men, Allaah has also made love of offspring something desired. {Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons} ale-Imraan; 14
  • Increase in wealth. Getting married is a means to increase one's wealth. {If they should be poor, Allah will enrich them from His bounty,} an-Noor; 32

Others can add more Insha'Allaah.

Ansariyah
01-24-2009, 06:40 PM

Everyone who is young and single is so focused on getting married and some people end up in family feuds over the subject of finding a suitable partner.

I don't intend to discourage any two muslims who are "in love" from afar to not get married and it is completing ones faith and it is an important sunnah.

I'd like to bring to light a different perspective for those who are doing everything to get married, instead of staying single for awhile and waiting longer before tieing the knot. Perhaps their is a reason for why you are not getting married so quickly? Perhaps there is a hidden blessing that you are over looking.

Think about it.......Source...

FiAmaaniAllah

Alone? that wud suck.

It's also possible to find a like-minded person who can do it all wit u?

Err why would anyone forbid u, n wat gives anybody the right to forbid chocolate? It's halal!!

Wats wit all the forbidding this n that, why would anyone forbid anyone to go to the mosque, do people like that exist?..that's pretty sad.

I see...lol

Agreed..spot on!

Wad?..

Agree about the Mom bit, but just to clarify cleaning is part of Imaan, so whoever cleans benefits himself, cooking is not such a big deal, u don't have to always cook. That mentality is a bit wrong.

Come again? Too much generalizations going on?

True, I agree.

Umar001
01-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

The problem is not age, but it's mentality, the reason we need time to 'develop' our personality is because we are brought up in this way, fed enough rubbish to believe it, and are so weak that we cannot imagine being different from non-Muslims.

It's a psychological aspect in my view, did Ayesha need time to develop her identity, may Allah be pleased with her? The points brought up mainly are due to two faults:

1.Not being brought up properly.
2.Marriage being made difficult by the community.

1. When we are not brought up properly we think, for example, that we are not ready to get married until 20 or so, we are brought up to live depending on our parents until 16 or so, we are taught that we have to get a degree or have 20000 dollars before marriage etc.

Thus you find people saying stuff like:

Etc.

2.The difficulty of marriage is so obvious nowdays that even those people who want to get married to save themselves from the fitnah of naked women walking around cannot, and Almighty God's help is sought. Thus you find a claim which goes against the claim of a scholar:

In a little booklet named Islamic Solutions for the Youth it is either shaykh Uthaymeen or Fawzan which says opposite to this! Moreover if marriage was made easy then the youth would benefit, any normal man with desire who has no wife finds it hard to walk the western streets without having to moving his head this and that way for the fear of loosing eeman.

Moreover I just remembered the Shahaba had not only one wife, like most of us, some of them had more than one, yet they were the best, the Prophet had more than one, sallaAllahu alayhi wa salam, yet he had all sort of jobs, what about Abu Bakr! 'Umar! SubhanAllah, and we have one wife and want to say ''My deen will suffer''. Something's wrong with us.imsad

May Allah reward the sister for her intetions though

Br.al-Habeshi

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2009, 07:42 PM
^ beautiful post mashALlah

Vito
01-24-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm definitely in no rush of getting married.. I don't see how I can go to school and work full time and manage a family. Why would anyone want to put themselves in that position? I'd rather get married when I know I'm able to support my wife and kids comfortably and at the same time, be there for them (not just financially). I'd rather work hard while I'm young because I know I will have a harder time doing it when I'm older.

A lot of people have intentions of getting married young because if you get passed a certain age, its just 'weird'.. To me it seems that they are more worried about what other people might think or say about them. To the people who don't want to get married, you will eventually get lonely and depressed and you will later realize your friends will not always be there for you. Don't forget they have their own lives to live.

This is just based on my own opinion obviously. It has nothing to do with religion or sunnah.

Pk_#2
01-24-2009, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah,

May Allah reward the sister for her intetions though

Br.al-Habeshi

wa'alaikum as-salaam warahmatullahi wabarkatuhu,

najm is a brother
and he definitely wants to get married,
I think he just wanted to see the replies and hope that everyone is pro marriage

PK.

Mikayeel
01-24-2009, 08:19 PM

This belongs in the humour section right? Is this ment to be serious?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2009, 09:21 PM
^ i too thought it was "spit milk out of your nose" funny first i read it

but it turns out it is quite serious

Najm
01-24-2009, 09:37 PM
AsSalamOAlikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Yes this is quite serious, I AM A GUY!! :-[ i'll have to put my name down for "I am a guy" thread!!

Regarding the thread, ill post later

Keep the posts coming.........

P.s. agree with Pixie and UhktE

FiAmaaniAllah

Yanal
01-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Ehh Akhee habeshi, Najm is a male. Nice reasons but nothing can stop me to get married in a decade!

IbnAbdulHakim
01-24-2009, 09:49 PM
^ or in a quarter of a decade :p

Umar001
01-24-2009, 11:39 PM

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Brothers, I was not refering to Bro Najm, but to the author who he sourced to, our sister ~Oum AbdurRahman~.

And may Allah reward you all for your intentions. :statisfie

Br.al-Habeshi

Yanal
01-25-2009, 12:20 AM
JazakAllah for informing us.

Yanal
01-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Bismillah Hairamaan Neeraheem.
Asalam Alaykum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh. I will now give a more serious reply. How will you be discouraging only two muslims when you posted this in the public forum, everyone can see it and everyone will be affected but no real harm will be done. I know no one should marry early but in the 1900s people married when they were 13 and so did Aisha(AS) was that a sin no it was a blessing.You can eat sleep, study and go to the park with you potential partner anytime as well infact it will be more fun to do so then rather "Chill" with your friends. Why work hard when you can work towards Allah and gain something more important. Giving others or sharing is better then being selfish. You will never be forbidden to do so, it will be a good deed for the other partner if he or she comes with you or only gives you do the permission to do so. You can also have a love marriage. Didnt you have 25 years of yourself already i think once i hit 25 i might start thinking about marriage. Number 7 has some truth but has no plot or concept. If you buy a house or buy a car whose going to get impressed, maybe some neighbors but if youre married and you do that it will be a good impression on both partners. Number 8: I will keep my mother with me actually even my father with me and if my life partner leaves me because of it i will not care because my parents raised me and it will soon be my turn to raise them before there death. You should never think your spouse grumpy rather think them of having mood swings. In heaven you can do anything with your friends. After i get married inshAllah i will ask my wife to join LI if it still exists and we will both build our imaan so high that Allah will be pleased from us after all.
Walakum Asalam Warakmatulah Wabarakatuh.
Your brother in islam Yanal Latif.

KelleyD
01-25-2009, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
what is chocolate covered chocolate? :blind:
Delicious!:D

Zamtsa
01-25-2009, 12:11 PM
By the way there is things which could not be paid by anyone: Rasulullah said
"Marriying is half of Din(Religion). And then he has to fulfill the other half."(Silsilah Hadits Ash Shahihah 3).

If Najm choose 4 Shalihat women rather than 1 very beautiful woman, he will be succesful in his marriage, and will no need of divorce.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Yanal
01-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Bro najm I just found out you posted a thread that marriage was worship, then what's this thread about :D

*Yasmin*
01-26-2009, 12:25 PM
indeed the thread made me smile :)
every one likes to get married even if there is 100^100 reasons not to get married
but it should be in the right time and place that's all

Faseeha
01-26-2009, 05:19 PM

A lot of people would like to get married but cannot do so immediately due to different reasons, such as finances, not meeting the right person etc. Instead of looking at this post negatively, these points could be used as an encouragement and means of helping those that aren't able to get married immediately to make the most of their single time and not spend their days being miserable.

I think that when the opportunity arises and the right person comes along, we shouldn't delay getting married, but at the same time we should make the most of being single while we still are.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-27-2009, 08:05 AM
just out of interest, why is this thread in the "Manners and Purification of the Soul" section :?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-27-2009, 08:42 AM
but living in this day and age, it also may involve riba. alot of riba :skeleton:

i disagree...you have someone to revise with, and help you build your home in the hereafter, inshallah! not necessarily with them, but a home none-the-less...
also check this thread out...

What the...? Being married means you have your very own bodyguard....Mahram to go with :statisfie :p also that us sisters wont really have to work, beat that! :D
i reckon!!! :shade: :D

Why would your spouse wanna do that?
Being married means you dont have to drool over them chocs,you'll have someody to buy them for you :p
yh buy them for you then they end up eating them themselves :p and also i image that your spouse would force you to buy that chocolate for them :p

Najm
01-27-2009, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
just out of interest, why is this thread in the "Manners and Purification of the Soul" section :?

To purify our souls to get married. :-[

This particular article is very delicate, interesting having read it many times, and having many views on it, and it has many levels of understanding depending on the current status of the readers. Hence theres complete different set of views coming from different readers.

The article is funny, lame, yet midleading, can be depressive and serious........Only depends how you see it. :-[

FiAmaaniAllah

~Taalibah~
01-27-2009, 04:15 PM
An interesting post, at first glace seemingly belonging to the humor section.
I think the sum conclusion of those statements is basically that your time will not be to yourself only.
Something that we may find a tad difficult at first in certain things maybe?

Otherwise yeah, i can also bring on comebacks, lol.
But as most done already i'll pass... for most.
:offended:
Insha'Allah if we marry good partners than they will be a source of Deeni inspiration instead.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-27-2009, 04:29 PM
I dont have time to read the rest but they're all silly, surely a pious husband/wife would support you in all of them things and would be a blessing rather than a burden, no?
Yep, I can attest to that, being married myself. And I can safely say marriage is one of the greatest blessings that Allaah ever bestowed upon me. Some ayaat, you can only understand when you experience them:

"And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect." [30:21]

S_87
01-27-2009, 04:38 PM
whoever wrote that must have one mean pushy spouse (?)
marriage is a big blessing, hard work maybe but a blessing in any case

Re.TiReD
01-27-2009, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah
Yep, I can attest to that, being married myself. And I can safely say marriage is one of the greatest blessings that Allaah ever bestowed upon me. Some ayaat, you can only understand when you experience them:

"And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect." [30:21]
Masha'Allah

Beautiful

piXie
01-28-2009, 10:26 AM

Come on now, when you are not married, you have much more free time and much less responsibilities. This we all have to admit.

I have a friend who has an extremely supportive, wonderful and practicing husband and she told me she was going to have to drop out of this really beneficial Islamic course she is doing because she has two young daughters and can’t cope. And I couldn’t tell her that 'no your studies are more important' because right now her priority and responsibility were her family and daughters. :hmm:

It is true that learning and seeking knowledge is done throughout your life, and one can even do this when married, but the most ideal and quality time to study and gain knowledge is the years when you are single. Because then you have more free time. :shade: These are the benefits and advantages of being single.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-28-2009, 01:18 PM
:salamext:

It is true that learning and seeking knowledge is done throughout your life, and one can even do this when married, but the most ideal and quality time to study and gain knowledge is the years when you are single. Because then you have more free time.
You can concentrate much more when you are married, as your husband/wife will be there to aid you and support you. Just having someone be there for you throughout everything makes any trial seem easy, al-Hamdulillaah. This is something that many married people have told me. And really, you need to busy yourself in khayr, else the shaytaan will busy you in ma'siyah. For example...

Umu 'Abdillaah 'Aa'ishah bint Muqbil has six children, and is married. Yet she is mustafeedah, maasha'Allaah, so she teaches constantly in Daarul-Hadeeth dammaaj. Simialrly, shaykh Yahya al-Hujooree has four wives, and a whole bunch of kids. Yet he's constantly opening more lessons, and there are the three cumpolsory duroos that run every day. And yet, he still has time for his family and even gives them private lessons, as I've been told.

And the best example I can give, is the example of the Prophet salAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam. He had 9 wives at one point, and yet, who had more responsibilities than him? SalAllaahu 'alayhi wa 'ala aalihi wa sallam.

As Allaah stated, "... He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them...". This clearly shows that a loving marriage settles the mind. And I feel that I have a much more supporting atmosphere to seek knowledge now, than when I wasn't married. With my husband, my lessons come first. It's really just a matter of scheduling yourself.

piXie
01-28-2009, 03:13 PM

I think it depends on the individual and their situation, really. For some, their ideal time might be whilst they are single, and for others, their ideal time might be after getting married. And being married and being single both has its advantages.

Najm
02-04-2009, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

Come on now, when you are not married, you have much more free time and much less responsibilities. This we all have to admit.

I have a friend who has an extremely supportive, wonderful and practicing husband and she told me she was going to have to drop out of this really beneficial Islamic course she is doing because she has two young daughters and can’t cope. And I couldn’t tell her that 'no your studies are more important' because right now her priority and responsibility were her family and daughters. :hmm:

It is true that learning and seeking knowledge is done throughout your life, and one can even do this when married, but the most ideal and quality time to study and gain knowledge is the years when you are single. Because then you have more free time. :shade: These are the benefits and advantages of being single.

Alhamdulillah!! I agree!!

A lot of us are not married yet, and maybe its not time to etc.

What im saying is lets not detest that fact that we are single, lets enjoy the benefits while it lasts.

Marriage can never be smooth sailing!!! Being single means you can blame yourself, and not your spouse for all the mistakes etc.

Reading all these marriage thread makes me go into DreamLand!!! It makes me feel soo annoyed!

People should encourage each other to get married, but not detest being single. There are some who have been looking for more than 5 years, they must feel soo negative all the time for still being singleimsad

FiAmaaniAllah

Far7an
02-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Being single means you can blame yourself, and not your spouse for all the mistakes etc.
How is that a good thing? :P

Najm
02-05-2009, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
How is that a good thing? :P

I know you joking lol :statisfie

I guess the joke would be : " Well we all should get married so we will always have someone to blame for everything wrong we do!!!" :D

But seriously people love to find other people's fault rather than theirs!! So staying single would allow you only to blame yourself :-[

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
05-11-2009, 05:15 PM

So what if the best friend is married

Being single sucks :embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah

Mujahidah4Allah
05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
^:sl:

find other friends but keep in touch with the married ones...

wa/salam

Cabdullahi
05-11-2009, 10:00 PM
forget the friends!...... YOU GOTTA WIFE!!!! TO CHILL WITH FO SHIZZLE!

Mysterious Uk
05-12-2009, 02:13 PM
hmm.. the article relates a lot more to females than males me thinks :?

Marriage has loadsa advantages too, u got someone to share ur troubles with, someone you can go out with and someone you can share your chocolates with :D

Yanal
05-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Nice reasons but wont stop me from being married.

Najm
05-12-2009, 02:49 PM

Well bro taking care of a person is not easy and so many things can go wrong

Everyones getting married!! Nevertheless being single isnt that bad, i just rather share it with someone who wants to share theirs lol

FiAmaaniAllah

Yanal
05-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah thats what marriage is about.

ahmed_indian
05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
no brother.

i did not agree with you at all!

sometimes its said 'no life without wife'

Najm
05-12-2009, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
no brother.

i did not agree with you at all!

sometimes its said 'no life without wife'

Explain...

FiAmaaniAllah

ahmed_indian
05-13-2009, 06:38 AM

Explain...

FiAmaaniAllah
explain wht bro? that no life without wife.

yes, its better to lead a life with pious, loving and beautiful wife rather than spending ur time alone...wondering here and there

Nihila
05-13-2009, 04:31 PM
loool!

May Allah swt grant us all pious spouses, who love and care for us and assist us in developing as muslims...Aameen.

P.S Chocolate covered chocolate...Im pretty sure I've just eaten some of that!

Najm
05-13-2009, 04:34 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
explain wht bro? that no life without wife.

yes, its better to lead a life with pious, loving and beautiful wife rather than spending ur time alone...wondering here and there
Alhamdulillah!!!!

format_quote Originally Posted by Nihila
loool!

May Allah swt grant us all pious spouses, who love and care for us and assist us in developing as muslims...Aameen.

P.S Chocolate covered chocolate...Im pretty sure I've just eaten some of that!

Chocolate covered choclate is too yum. But i wont ever mind giving to the other half.

FiAmaaniAllah

Raudha
05-13-2009, 04:49 PM
^ May Allah grant you a generous spouse. Ameen

Nihila
05-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Aameen :)

Aaw, see? That's the sort of thing we like to hear! Wanting to share your chocolate covered chocolate with your spouse...(I'm gonna secretly pray my spouse won't like chocolate :P)

~TwinklingStar~
05-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Last but not least, staying single means more opportunities to seek knowledge and more time to build your Imaan up!
Marriage is half your deen. It can help you stockpile on loads of hasanah for doing lil things. And that'll speed your entry to Paradise, Insha Allah.

After marriage, a man gets rewarded for every single morsel that goes inside the woman's mouth. Similarly, a woman gets rewarded just for making her husband smile when he looks at her.

You get more hasanah by spending time with your spouse than nawafil Ibaadah .

Temptations will be reduced, so, seeking ilm will be easier.... without the whispers of Satan & Nafs pushing you towards haraam.

Marriage is endlessly rewarding....and has been higghly recommended in the Suunah.

So, no number of reasons can be convincing enough to avoid marriage.:D

Faseeha
05-28-2009, 03:49 PM

Yes there are many many more advantages to being married then there are to being single, but as has been mentioned earlier not everyone can get married exactly when they'd like to owing to many different reasons such as not being financially ready, not finding the right partner, etc.

So just because a person is single does not mean that they do not want to get married, but that the time isn't right.

And being miserable and depressed over something that is not completely in our control is pointless.

So while being single we should take advantage of it, and make the most of our time to ourselves.

Beardo
05-28-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't agree. Marriage can be a pull down on your education or the likes, but the younger you start, it's probably better. There's more time to adapt and adjust. This is coming from a non-married single point of view though :D

Sampharo
05-28-2009, 04:49 PM
:bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1:: bump1::bump1::bump1:

1- Married means you can eat, sleep, study, work, go out to the park with someone you care about, and enjoy all of that so much more.

2- Being married allows you the opportunities of two incomes, and two fields of expertise in order to travel to far off major booming economies as Qatar (Dubai is sinking, yuck!), and you can work with the support of your spouse however many hours, jobs as you want.

3- Being married means you can spend your before-last dollar on a chocolate that you share with your loved one, and means there is someone there wiser to tell you not to spend your bottom dollar on a silly chocolate.

4- Being married means that you can have a real home, and someone to wave goodbye to you when you go to and hug you when you come back... from masjed, and never feeling too lonely and depressed to do so.

5- Being married means that Allah has blessed you with a good muslim, and you have made a conscious decision to CHOOSE to be with a good loving muslim.

6- Being married allows you to explore your own personality through the eyes of a soulmate, who is honest enough to show your mistakes, yet kind enough not to redicule them, yet understanding enough to love you just the same. And allows you to build yourself n the right track while getting feedback that indeed are, instead of assuming that you are on the right track on your own.

7- Being married means you can see twice the opportunities, make twice the money, buy two cars, build a nicer house, so you'll always have someone to whom you belong (and to all other earthly possessions, there are always pre-nups. :D)

8- Being married means you have two mums to care for you, love you, and nurture you, and means more sons and daughters for them to respect them, love them, and take care of them, instead of being a single person being nagged to and upsetting your mother because you still didn't get married and there are no grandchildren and making her feel like a failure because you'll grow into an old spinster or bachelor! :D

9- Getting married will save you from wasting your time with friends who want to stay out and play, and might lead you astray and into haraam practices, or looking miserably at all the married people, and getting all of the distracting lustful thoughts, while a spouse at home will give you a lot of fun, not to mention lots and lots of halal sex!!

10- Last but not least, being married quickly means you have more opportunities to seek knowledge and more time to build your Imaan up! Especially as there is someone who might share their income, someone to make your meals and make you a cup of tea to stay up and study, someone who can study WITH you and help you learn faster and better.

Reason number 11- Have children when you're still young, who will be your joy as babies, your play as kids, your pride as youth, and be adults and support you when you are old and shriveling, carry you and look after you when you are sick, provide for you if your pension isn't good enough, call you to keep you company, give you grandchildren to be again more pride and joy before you are senile, and most importantly carry you to your grave in tears and be the ones asking God to forgive you long after you were buried and everyone else forgot about you.

:bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1:: bump1::bump1::bump1:

(Written by he who is enjoying the wonderful bliss of proper marriage :coolious:)

Sam

Najm
05-28-2009, 06:35 PM

SubhaanAllah!! Sampharo your one lucky man. InshaAllah we all have great things from our marriages. InshaAllah i will have a beautiful marriage like yours. Ameen. And I know what your saying is true, and speaking about the advantages of marriage.

Nevertheless i can assure you i know enough marriages that is quite the opposite to what you and everyone wrote.imsad

And thinking about it now, it really depends on the person you get married to and what is their motive to get married. They will either help you or destroy you. I know enough about marriage to wanting to get married but if i put across the points you did to my own sister, she would reply in contrast to yours. imsad

FiAmaaniAllah

Sampharo
05-28-2009, 07:13 PM
And thinking about it now, it really depends on the person you get married to and what is their motive to get married. They will either help you or destroy you.
You got it!!! :thumbs_up :D:D:D Somebody give Najm the grand prize!

Look, most things that are haraam have both harmful aspects as well as benefitial aspects, but the harmful aspects outweigh the benefits, like alcohol. Well, not having close open contact with members of the opposite sex until you get married as Islam dictates is much purer for us and takes away so much filth and evil, but it does mean that you have to work so much harder to understand enough about women, in order to be able to judge in the brief meetings and arrangements leading up to your engagement and marriage whether that is the right person for you or not.

Choosing the right person is crucial, and it is not at all easy for muslims in western countries because they can hardly bump into each other, and if they do, you're not supposed to communicate and have close relationships. So many times muslims just accept whomever is arranged through family and end up with hugely incompatible people.:blind:

You need to work a bit, talk your sister's head off and use every halal outlet to learn more about different women types, and what would a woman expect when you get married, what would they desire. Talk to different women in your family, learn what they do and what they like, and you'll start drawing patterns. Check with yourself what you like and how you want your life to be and start creating a vision for yourself. My wife doesn't do all the wonderful things because she is a pious god-fearing woman, she does all those wonderful things because she is a pious god-fearing woman who loves me and loves what I do for her and the way I treat her, and she is compatible to me because the things she does, I like, and it becomes a properly directed energy cycle that just grows. She knows how to wake me up, she knows how to get my attention, she knows how I like my space and things, and she is very comfortable doing all that. Guess what? She was divorced from a previous marriage that was the most horrible relationship she had. Relationships are not about bad people, it's about bad combinations.

Almost everybody loves chocolate, almost everybody loves a nice cool Coke, nobody will ever drink a chocolate soda!!!!

So make sure you choose a cherry for your cream cake:D, or suffer the consequences of fish and milk. :'(

When you have the right marriage, hold on tight and watch your life sail through in the right direction, and you'll be insha Allah reaping the benefits as you go along.

And most of all, say Al-Hamdolellah. A good compatible spouse is the biggest blessing you can ever have.

Sam

Najm
05-28-2009, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
You got it!!! :thumbs_up :D:D:D Somebody give Najm the grand prize!

Look, most things that are haraam have both harmful aspects as well as benefitial aspects, but the harmful aspects outweigh the benefits, like alcohol. Well, not having close open contact with members of the opposite sex until you get married as Islam dictates is much purer for us and takes away so much filth and evil, but it does mean that you have to work so much harder to understand enough about women, in order to be able to judge in the brief meetings and arrangements leading up to your engagement and marriage whether that is the right person for you or not.

Choosing the right person is crucial, and it is not at all easy for muslims in western countries because they can hardly bump into each other, and if they do, you're not supposed to communicate and have close relationships. So many times muslims just accept whomever is arranged through family and end up with hugely incompatible people.:blind:

You need to work a bit, talk your sister's head off and use every halal outlet to learn more about different women types, and what would a woman expect when you get married, what would they desire. Talk to different women in your family, learn what they do and what they like, and you'll start drawing patterns. Check with yourself what you like and how you want your life to be and start creating a vision for yourself. My wife doesn't do all the wonderful things because she is a pious god-fearing woman, she does all those wonderful things because she is a pious god-fearing woman who loves me and loves what I do for her and the way I treat her, and she is compatible to me because the things she does, I like, and it becomes a properly directed energy cycle that just grows. She knows how to wake me up, she knows how to get my attention, she knows how I like my space and things, and she is very comfortable doing all that. Guess what? She was divorced from a previous marriage that was the most horrible relationship she had. Relationships are not about bad people, it's about bad combinations.

Almost everybody loves chocolate, almost everybody loves a nice cool Coke, nobody will ever drink a chocolate soda!!!!

So make sure you choose a cherry for your cream cake:D, or suffer the consequences of fish and milk. :'(

When you have the right marriage, hold on tight and watch your life sail through in the right direction, and you'll be insha Allah reaping the benefits as you go along.

And most of all, say Al-Hamdolellah. A good compatible spouse is the biggest blessing you can ever have.

Sam

SubhaanAllah!!! What an amazing post!!!! I love you for the sake of Allah (Subhana WaTaala). I totally agree with you and my attitude is like that too. I always believe rather than going out to look for the perfect girl, its much better to try and make myself the perfect man. :D

I must say for my own sisters marriage, she would conflict with you. She has got nothing out of her marriage except all the negatives in the world and a really "bad" man! I try my best to keep her patient and keep her going, but its really hard because she not even done a single thing wrong! imsad

I am getting contradicting views on marriage at the moment!

FiAmaaniAllah

egyptballer
05-28-2009, 07:32 PM

Why can't you and your spouse visit your parents?Can you please define "needy"?

Najm
05-28-2009, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by egyptballer

Why can't you and your spouse visit your parents?Can you please define "needy"?

Cause the spouse doesnt want you to go!

Needy: i.e only looking after the spouse's needs! ONLY the spouse!

Check the source from OP.

FiAmaaniAllah

egyptballer
05-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Needy: i.e only looking after the spouse's needs! ONLY the spouse!

Well that actually depends on the spouse.You should aim towards a selfless spouse.inshAllah

Faseeha
05-28-2009, 08:58 PM

SubhaanAllah!!! What an amazing post!!!! I love you for the sake of Allah (Subhana WaTaala). I totally agree with you and my attitude is like that too. I always believe rather than going out to look for the perfect girl, its much better to try and make myself the perfect man. :D

I must say for my own sisters marriage, she would conflict with you. She has got nothing out of her marriage except all the negatives in the world and a really "bad" man! I try my best to keep her patient and keep her going, but its really hard because she not even done a single thing wrong! imsad

FiAmaaniAllah
There are many many bad marriages out there, with people who stay in it for the kids sake or because they have nowhere else to go. There are partners out there who cheat on their spouses, and others who abuse them, not to mention those that are cold and miserable.

In the few meetings that you are going to have before marriage both people will show their best sides, and you'll never see these other sides of the person, So its a 50% risk.

That being said, there are happy marriages out there, although those are in the minority! You should be positive, but at the same time be realistic too.

nebula
05-28-2009, 09:09 PM
try all you want but ill never get disencouraged from getting married!! muhahah :anger:

Najm
05-28-2009, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
try all you want but ill never get disencouraged from getting married!! muhahah :anger:

I have enough stories to make you SHAKE!!! :-[ But i dont preach negatives!! :D

SubhaanAllah!!! I will do all i can to make it happen!!! I will even mould myself to be the best, inshaAllah.....Anything for Jannah! Ameen!!

FiAmaaniAllah

aadil77
05-28-2009, 09:19 PM
lol this thread just makes me wanna get married even more! asap!

convert
05-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Reasons to get married:

1. Being single sucks out loud.

Don't think any more reasons are needed. QED

Beardo
05-28-2009, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
Reasons to get married:

Epic win.

Well, you don't want marriage to interfere with studies, and it does have an affect, whether your smart or not.

convert
05-28-2009, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
Epic win.

Well, you don't want marriage to interfere with studies, and it does have an affect, whether your smart or not.
yeah, im a "professional" and no longer a student.

Donia
05-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Masha Allah.

It is so nice to see people seeking to get married for good reasons. May Allah bless us all with good pious spouses that will be good for our deen and livliehood. Ameen.

Sampharo
05-30-2009, 09:19 AM

SubhaanAllah!!! What an amazing post!!!! I love you for the sake of Allah (Subhana WaTaala).

Oh Thank you for that! May we do that for the sake of llah and have a reason to be in the shadow of the God's throne on the day when there will be no shadow but his. {the prophet -pbuh-: Seven people will be shadowed by God's throne on the day of judgement....... and two people who love each other for the sake of Allah, they meet upon him and part ways upon him..." :)

I totally agree with you and my attitude is like that too. I always believe rather than going out to look for the perfect girl, its much better to try and make myself the perfect man. :D

Don't dispair my dear friend. I may have made an error in saying flat out there are no bad people, of course there are. However people have a chance of being happy if they find the right person and it is so huge the difference that it is in my own opinion, people should endeavour and seriously work towards making sure they marry the right person.

Proudly Muslim also mentioned very real situations out there. That is what divorce is for though. I don't believe in this "staying for the sake of the children" when it is THAT severe of a disfunctional union. The children will actually be much more scarred and stressed from the fighting if an act of cheating Astaghfer Allah is discovered by one spouse and they hear the argument and screaming! They might as well be divorced and seek their happiness with someone else.

Egyptians actually have this "asking about" tradition amongst families, and it is inspired and based on Islamic principals as well. If a groom comes to marry or a girl want to be wed, both families get full details of her school, his work, her community circle, his social club, all that stuff. The families then send different people to ask and question and have talks to every one about the person. Not a silly question of "is he good?" or "is she pious" because of course nobody would know a cheater or a spouse beater like that. But it comes to display character and smart families can draw a lot of analysis from the kind of friends the person keeps, how his colleagues view his work, what social circles they like, are they easy going or argumentative. The prophet said there are several situations (there was a specific number but I fail to remember the source book right now so I won't be able to check) where it is allowed to speak negatively (but truthfully) about a person without it being considered gossip or "Namima", and someone asking to check on a marriable candidate is one of them.

Seek your bliss, and God will help you reach it. If you settle for anyone and claim there is no way to know, you seal your own choice.

Najm
05-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Reasons to get married:

yeah, im a "professional" and no longer a student.

It may suck but

if your spouse is getting married just to steal your money then?
if your spouse abuses your parents then?
if your spouse doesnt take care of you then?
if your spouse just wants your passport then?
if your spouse stays out all night with their friends then?
if your spouse never listens to you then?
if your spouse really sits at home and doesnt do nothing then?
if your spouse doesnt take of the kids then?
if your spouse wants to travel on her own then?
if your spouse just wants the dowry and get a divorce then?

If your spouse simply dosent give any of your rights then?

So much for the "Epic Win"

May Allah protect us from these kind of spouses. Allahumma Ameen

FiAmaaniAllah

convert
05-30-2009, 04:29 PM

It may suck but

FiAmaaniAllah
these are the kinds of things one should find out when meeting with the sister and when asking around about her character. im not suggesting to just marry the first beating heart you see now.

Najm
05-30-2009, 04:41 PM
these are the kinds of things one should find out when meeting with the sister and when asking around about her character. im not suggesting to just marry the first beating heart you see now.

lol Well everyone be's an angel until they get what they want. So you never know until its too late. Otherwise you think people would have got married to these types of people!!:raging:

FiAmaaniAllah

Rabi'ya
05-30-2009, 04:47 PM

Being married and being single both have their advantages and disadvantages. I think the points you quote here are very beneficial to those who are still single as it makes you appreciate many things. There is a lot of pressure from many people to get married nowadays and I think people need to learn to value their time and their situation before it is too late.

A good post :)

convert
05-30-2009, 04:55 PM

lol Well everyone be's an angel until they get what they want. So you never know until its too late. Otherwise you think people would have got married to these types of people!!:raging:

FiAmaaniAllah
wa alaikum as-salaam wa rahmatullah

this is why you have to do due diligence (i.e. talk to people who arent her friends but know her, talk to her entire family, people she went to school with, etc).

i mean, if we only go by what i am like in meetings, sisters would probably think im charming and well-dressed and not some big, dumb manimal in sweatpants like i typically am.

Najm
05-30-2009, 04:59 PM
wa alaikum as-salaam wa rahmatullah

this is why you have to do due diligence (i.e. talk to people who arent her friends but know her, talk to her entire family, people she went to school with, etc).

i mean, if we only go by what i am like in meetings, sisters would probably think im charming and well-dressed and not some big, dumb manimal in sweatpants like i typically am.

Everyone be's an angel.....that includes the relatives etc. They all work together into big trouble.....as i have seen. Saying that i have also seen beautiful marriages with beautiful people and it becomes a beautiful world.

May we find these beautiful people. Ameen.

FiAmaaniAllah

Yanal
05-30-2009, 04:59 PM
You could ask your sister to talk to her to get a range of her personaility. Perhaps ?

Faseeha
05-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Actually the people you ask won't be able to tell you whether the person is a wife beater or has cheating tendencies because these are the qualities that surface only after the marriage.

S_87
05-30-2009, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim
Actually the people you ask won't be able to tell you whether the person is a wife beater or has cheating tendencies because these are the qualities that surface only after the marriage.
yes but thats where putting trust in Allah comes. We see many western couples know each other inside out, live together before marrying and still end in divorce-and they did all the 'checks' as such...if both peoples fear Allah and work at it then inshaAllah the marriage will be blessed and even with ups and downs and faults, they will still remember why they are together inshaAllah

convert
05-31-2009, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim
you must be asking the wrong people.

if you worry about the bad then why even get married? this is like saying "im not going to drink hot chocolate because it might burn my tongue"

Strzelecki
05-31-2009, 04:39 AM
Salam.
the only true reasons not to get married.

1. You haven't found the right person.
2. You can't for you have a demanding lifestyle.

Faseeha
05-31-2009, 09:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
yes but thats where putting trust in Allah comes. We see many western couples know each other inside out, live together before marrying and still end in divorce-and they did all the 'checks' as such...if both peoples fear Allah and work at it then inshaAllah the marriage will be blessed and even with ups and downs and faults, they will still remember why they are together inshaAllah
Yes we should trust Allah in everything we do but we should be realistic before getting into something as major as marriage. Alot of people have unrealistic expectations of what marriage is going to be like, and so they end up getting really disappointed.

you must be asking the wrong people.

if you worry about the bad then why even get married? this is like saying "im not going to drink hot chocolate because it might burn my tongue"
It's more like preparing yourself for the chance that your tongue might get burnt, rather then believing that it can't happen at all!

~Taalibah~
06-06-2009, 01:48 PM

It may suck but

FiAmaaniAllah

Looking at it from a womens point of view... :offended:

Alllahumma Fazna.

May Allah Ta'aala save us!

Proudly Muslim wrote
Yes we should trust Allah in everything we do but we should be realistic before getting into something as major as marriage. Alot of people have unrealistic expectations of what marriage is going to be like, and so they end up getting really disappointed.
I cant agree with you more!

seeker-of-light
06-06-2009, 04:41 PM
lol this is humorous^^ mashAllah

Ali_008
06-08-2009, 06:24 AM

Funny and very true.
JazakallahKhair

7oor El 3ayn
06-14-2009, 05:55 AM
LOOL Sub7anALLAH...too funny!

Marriage is a protection from the temptations of this world. It's a beautiful thing if you are with the right person.

May ALLAH grant us all pious spouses. AMEEN! *smiles*

7oor El 3ayn
06-14-2009, 06:01 AM

FiAmaaniAllah
Sub7anALLAH...That is heartbreaking to hear. May ALLAH give your sister much Sabr. *sighs*

I know exactly what you mean...it is very sad to see wonderful sisters married to scumbags who do not know what ALLAH and His Rasool say about kind treatments towards one another...Sub7anALLAH!

May ALLAH guide us to that which pleases Him. AMEEN!

أبو سليمان عمر
06-14-2009, 06:01 AM
The ruling regarding marriage
*Please appropriately reference this fatwa to: www.fatwa-online.com, thankyou!*
Question: Is it obligatory (fardh) to marry or is it (simply) recommended (Sunnah)?

Response: It is an encouraged Sunnah to marry for those who are able; as the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:

((O gathering of youth! Whoever among you is able to marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.) and whoever is unable to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power)).

It is (quite) possible in respect to some people it is obligatory (to get married) if there is fear within himself that he may fall into fornication whilst he is able to afford to get married.

And with Allaah lies all success and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and his family and his companions.

The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa, comprising -
Head: Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez ibn Abdullaah ibn Baaz;
Deputy Head: Shaykh 'Abdur-Razzaaq 'Afeefee;
Member: Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn Ghudayyaan
Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa.imah lil-Buhooth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa. - Volume 18, Page 6, Fatwa No.9624, Question 3

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.