Become a Sadaqa Millionaire
How would you like to give sadaqa?
Would you be interested?
You might say "sure, I'd like to do it--but I have no money!"
What if I told you there's a way to give sadaqa that doesn't require money?
That, in fact, you could even out-class the rich people in their sadaqa! All it takes is a little time and effort!
One of the things the companions used to do is compete with each other in good deeds. Even if they were doing more good deeds than the majority of companions, if there were a few people (or even one person) doing more than them, they would strive to beat that person in good deeds. (And among other things, they used to ask frequently: Which is the MOST beloved deed to Allah?)
You bet they'd be interested.
Recorded below is one such hadith, where the poor people complained to the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم). Complained that they were poor? No! Complained they didn't have a BMW, a five-story house? No! Complained that they couldn't donate as much for the sake of Allah as the rich people! Subhanallah! (That's one of the qualities that made them so much more better than us.)
And that's precisely what we're discussing!
Abu Hurairah narrated that Abu Dharr said to the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم): "The wealthy people have all the rewards; they pray as we pray; they fast as we fast; and they have surplus wealth which they give in charity; but we have no wealth which we may give in charity." Allah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: "Abu Dharr, should I not teach you phrases by which you acquire the rank of those who excel you? No one can acquire your rank except one who acts like you. [...] Say Allahu Akbar thirty-three times; and say Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah) thirty-three times; and say SubhanAllah (Glory be to Allah) thirty-three times; and end it by saying, Laa ilaaha illallahu wahdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu yuhyi wa yomeetu wa Huwa ‘ala kulli shayin Qadeer. (There is no god but Allah alone, He has no partner, to Him belongs the Kingdom, to Him praise is due and He has power over everything.) Your sins will be forgiven, even if they are like the foam of the sea." [Recorded in Abu Dawud, #1499]
That's it. It's that easy! Give your excuses a black eye, and start donating. In fact, people in our communities today don't do this; so you can beat them all, in the sight of Allah--all of them. By applying this hadith consistently.
And after this hadith was narrated, the rich people mentioned in it ALSO heard this hadith. And THEY started doing this too! Subhanallah, that's stiff competition! So the poor people came back and complained again to the Prophet; and he said: "Haadhaa fadlullahi, yu'tiyhu man yashaa." (This is the bounty of Allah, He gives to whom He wishes.)
And the Messenger of Allah told us that sadaqa does not decrease wealth. So you can bet you'll get this back--every bit of it.
So what are you waiting for?
- Make use of your idle time for Dhikr .
- If you do it consistently, you will be successful, insha'Allah. Pick a time like: walking to your car; before you reach the highway; on the bus; while standing in line for food; after salaah; WHATEVER time works for you--just pick a time, and be consistent in it. Day after day, month after month, you'll rack up the ajr.
- Tell the people this hadith.
- For every subhanallah and alhamdulillah and allahu akbar they say, you get a copy of the reward too!
- Make Du'a.
- Ask Allah, Ar-Razzaq, Al-Ghani, to make you rich if it is better for you, and to remove any stinginess from your heart, and to make you amongst the sincere ones.
- Donate Your Money!
- If you are amongst those blessed with some level of wealth, realize that you can be amongst those with the highest reward if you spend it for the sake of Allah. So spend it! Even if you're not rich, spend a small portion of what you have.
Read more inspirational
AsSalam Alaikum wa Rahmatullah