/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic Eidul Fitri greeting in my place

ardianto
01-26-2009, 02:01 PM
At the past, when Eidul Fitri, Muslims in my place said a greeting : "Minal aidzin wal faidzin". I didnt knew what's a meaning of that, so I asked someone and he told me "Minal aidzin wal faidzin" is "From battlefield and glorious". Is that right ?

Few years ago that greeting has changed to "Taqoballahu minal wa minkum ".
What is translation of this word ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MO783
01-26-2009, 02:22 PM
:sl:

I thought its just Eid Mubarak, I have not heard the other greeting

ardianto
01-26-2009, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MO783

I thought its just Eid Mubarak, I have not heard the other greeting
That is not Eid Mubarak.
Indonesian has two Eidul Fitri greeting. First, Selamat Hari Raya Iedul Fitri. Translation of this word in Arabic is Eid Mubarak. But we dont write Eid, but Ied.
Second, greeting in Arabic. We always say Arabic greeting after we say greeting in Indonesian language.

MO783
01-26-2009, 03:35 PM
ok so what does it mean, what is the arabic greeting for eid mubarak

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Yasmin*
01-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Taqoballahu minal wa minkum
it means - may Allah accept(taqabala) "the good deeds -like fasting in Ramadan" from us (minna) and you (minkom)

Civilsed
01-26-2009, 03:59 PM

من العائدين والفائزين

The Arabic word "EID literally means a "cyclically recurrrent day." It is used in the liturgical sense of "feast."

One who celebrates "EID is called "A-ID, (one who is blessed with the return of the feast). The plural is "A-IDEEN or "A-IDOON, depending on case.

FA-IZEEN is the plural of FA-IZ, one who wins, accomplishes, or attains something positive, in this case the happy return of the feast.

ardianto
01-26-2009, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
it means - may Allah accept(taqabala) "the good deeds -like fasting in Ramadan" from us (minna) and you (minkom)
Thank you very much.

May I ask you one more question ?
What is translation of "Jazak Allah Khair ?".
My uncle said that is 'thank you very much', but I'm not sure.

*Yasmin*
01-26-2009, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Thank you very much.

May I ask you one more question ?
What is translation of "Jazak Allah Khair ?".
My uncle said that is 'thank you very much', but I'm not sure.
jazaka Allahu khyran ,means- May Allah reward you

feel free to ask any more question

ardianto
01-26-2009, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Civilsed

من العائدين والفائزين

The Arabic word "EID literally means a "cyclically recurrrent day." It is used in the liturgical sense of "feast."

One who celebrates "EID is called "A-ID, (one who is blessed with the return of the feast). The plural is "A-IDEEN or "A-IDOON, depending on case.

FA-IZEEN is the plural of FA-IZ, one who wins, accomplishes, or attains something positive, in this case the happy return of the feast.
Thank for your information, brother.:)

ardianto
01-26-2009, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
jazaka Allahu khyran ,means- May Allah reward you

feel free to ask any more question
I have no more question.

Jazaka Allahu khyran.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.