/* */

PDA

View Full Version : have you ever?

muslimah_4ever
01-26-2009, 03:08 PM
:sl:
Have you ever had some feeling/thought so clear come to you during your salaat?
for example, you had been thinkin of something for some time, but not a lot and not during your salaat. e.g. buying a house. And then during a salaat, when you are so focused, there was a thought of you buying a house.
What does it mean to have clear thoughts during salaat, that are random, even though you are focused on salaat. Is it a sign from Allah (swt) or just our brains playing a game with us?
Jazakallah for any input.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*Yasmin*
01-28-2009, 10:04 PM
w3laykom assalam
it means we are not focused in salaat i guess
is it the right time to think about buying a house ?!!!!:ermm:<< the shaytan makes us think about those things

alcurad
01-28-2009, 10:08 PM
it's only natural, we don't control our thoughts, they come and go. the meaning of prayer is to be a focus for life in general.

Silver
01-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah, sometimes I find myself thinking of other things during my prayers. It means I'm not focusing on my prayer like I should

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zamtsa
01-29-2009, 09:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_4ever
Have you ever had some feeling/thought so clear come to you during your salaat?
for example, you had been thinkin of something for some time, but not a lot and not during your salaat. e.g. buying a house. And then during a salaat, when you are so focused, there was a thought of you buying a house.
What does it mean to have clear thoughts during salaat, that are random, even though you are focused on salaat. Is it a sign from Allah (swt) or just our brains playing a game with us?
Jazakallah for any input.
wa fiikum barakaallah.

That's because Rasulullah said "When you're doing Shalat, then remember death, take that as your last Shalat"(Shahih Al Jami' Ash Shaghir).

Would thee think of the world when you know that death will come in the same day?

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

muslimah_4ever
01-29-2009, 11:35 AM
jazakallah for your input.
I used the house as an example, because it is something major.
I know how the feeling is to be distracted during salaat or have wandering thoughts. This was different. There are times I just zone into salaat, almost overwhelmed by it, sometimes Ive started to cry for what seems like no reason, but was because of Allah (swt). This was just a flash of a thought, during a completely focused salaat. I only then thought about it when the salaat was over.
I had done istikharah a few days earlier, for other purposes, but then this happened.
And it wasnt just a thought, it really felt like a sign or something like that.
I hope this clarifies what I mean.
May Allah look after you all.

Selising
01-29-2009, 02:37 PM
At Mina to fill our time, one of the hajjah who happen to be a religous teacher told us that there are 5 levels of solah

1. the solah of a person who do not know all hukum (what to do and what to say), what are rukun, what are wajeeb and what are sunnah in solat. this is rejected
2. solah of a person who knows all rukun, but always thinking of something else in their solah, this is also rejected
3. solah of a person who think of something else but sometimes he/she will remember that he/she is performing solah and he/she has to concentrate. he/she tried hard not to think of other than what his/her is doing and remember Allah. like business, he did not get any profit, nor loss.
4. Khusyoo'
5. solat of Rasool

muslimah_4ever
01-29-2009, 03:18 PM
:sl: selising,
please expand. what is khusyoo?

Selising
01-30-2009, 06:11 AM
:sl: selising,
please expand. what is khusyoo?
concentrate to what you are doing and say in solat

Caller الداعي
01-31-2009, 09:54 AM
salam! it comes in a narration that 4 salat is a certain shaytan called khinzb and his job is 2 destract! basicaly as the sis said concentrate and ask frm Allah!

Zamtsa
01-31-2009, 10:30 AM
jazakallah for your input.
I used the house as an example, because it is something major.
I know how the feeling is to be distracted during salaat or have wandering thoughts. This was different. There are times I just zone into salaat, almost overwhelmed by it, sometimes Ive started to cry for what seems like no reason, but was because of Allah (swt). This was just a flash of a thought, during a completely focused salaat. I only then thought about it when the salaat was over.
I had done istikharah a few days earlier, for other purposes, but then this happened.
And it wasnt just a thought, it really felt like a sign or something like that.
I hope this clarifies what I mean.
May Allah look after you all.
wa fiikum barakaallah, wa 'ilaikas salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Well, it's because in Heaven, Allahu Ta'ala will give horses which could fly with wings.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!