/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help...

UmmahFollower09
01-30-2009, 05:55 AM
:sl:
Brothers & Sisters. I have come across some hadith that I am rather confused about. Any clarification would be very much appreciated.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah and Salama bin Al-Akwa':
While we were in an army, Allah's Apostle came to us and said, "You have been allowed to do the Mut'a (marriage), so do it." Salama bin Al-Akwa' said: Allah's Apostle's said, "If a man and a woman agree (to marry temporarily), their marriage should last for three nights, and if they like to continue, they can do so; and if they want to separate, they can do so." I do not know whether that was only for us or for all the people in general. Abu Abdullah (Al-Bukhari) said: 'Ali made it clear that the Prophet said, "The Mut'a marriage has been cancelled (made unlawful)."

^Temporary marriages were allowed? I thought they weren't...Can someone shed some light on this hadith and what it means?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 33:
Narrated Usama bin Zaid:
The Prophet said, "After me I have not left any affliction more harmful to men than women

^^What does that mean? Women are the root of all of Men's problems? I don't understand...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrated Sahl bin Sad:
While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Sad, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." 'And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (65.4) And the 'Iddat for the girl before puberty is three months (in the above Verse).

^^If the iddat for a girl who hasn't reached puberty is yet is three months then what does that mean? You can marry someone who hasn't reached puberty yet? Like a child?

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah:
While we were returning from a Ghazwa (Holy Battle) with the Prophet, I started driving my camel fast, as it was a lazy camel A rider came behind me and pricked my camel with a spear he had with him, and then my camel started running as fast as the best camel you may see. Behold! The rider was the Prophet himself. He said, 'What makes you in such a hurry?" I replied, I am newly married " He said, "Did you marry a virgin or a matron? I replied, "A matron." He said, "Why didn't you marry a young girl so that you may play with her and she with you?" When we were about to enter (Medina), the Prophet said, "Wait so that you may enter (Medina) at night so that the lady of unkempt hair may comb her hair and the one whose husband has been absent may shave her pubic region.

If a girl is so young that she still plays with dolls how is it that she can consent to marriage or becoming a wife?
hadith of Rasoolullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) which states that a woman who applies perfume and goes out into public is like an adulteress. We can therefore see how serious a matter this is. Today our ladies have abandoned these important and compulsory teachings of Islam. No wonder that they are having such a great difficulty in following the Shariah. In this era, a woman is divorced today, and tomorrow she is once more out on the street. Since they have become so used to being outside the home, it is asking too much of them to remain indoors for three months, a period which for some seems a lifetime!

Why are women compared to adultresses when they wear perfume and men are allowed to wear cologne? My sister has asked this question before and she got the reply "Men are more likely to be attracted to women than women to men.." I don't understand. If someone smells good...they're attractive..regardless of gender. Can someone please explain?

My sister acquired this information from a website:

THE WORKING WOMAN AND IDDAT
Some women work, hence they do not observe iddat for fear of losing their jobs. Has material gain become so crucial to us that we are prepared to sacrifice the Law of Allah? Surely we need to think and ponder carefully over the state of our Deeni affairs.

A woman in iddat is not allowed to do the following:
She is not allowed to apply perfume, to wear jewellery and ornaments, to apply surma or cajel to the eyes, to wear flowers, to wear attractive clothing, to apply henna (mehndi), to apply cosmetics, to apply oil to the head, to comb the hair, or to resort to any other form of adornment women normally do to make themselves attractive.

Why is a woman in iddat so restricted to the point where she can't even comb her hair? Men won't see it regardless because of Hijab so what does the husband's death have to do with anything? Men don't mourn over their wives...they just go out and find another person to marry.
I have heard that women need to ask their husbands if they wish to pray extra rakaats? What does the husband have to do with the woman praying extra salah?

Brothers & Sisters
I realize that there are many questions...any clarification on any of these hadiths would be greatly appreciated.

Jazakallah Khairan for reading this far

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmed_indian
03-08-2009, 10:37 AM
its very simple....brother

its was prohibited, then permitted and then FINALLY prohibited by prophet Muhammed (saw).

so now its just HARAAM.

- Qatada -
03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmahFollower09
:sl:
Brothers & Sisters. I have come across some hadith that I am rather confused about. Any clarification would be very much appreciated.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah and Salama bin Al-Akwa':
While we were in an army, Allah's Apostle came to us and said, "You have been allowed to do the Mut'a (marriage), so do it." Salama bin Al-Akwa' said: Allah's Apostle's said, "If a man and a woman agree (to marry temporarily), their marriage should last for three nights, and if they like to continue, they can do so; and if they want to separate, they can do so." I do not know whether that was only for us or for all the people in general. Abu Abdullah (Al-Bukhari) said: 'Ali made it clear that the Prophet said, "The Mut'a marriage has been cancelled (made unlawful)."

^Temporary marriages were allowed? I thought they weren't...Can someone shed some light on this hadith and what it means?

:wasalamex

It was only allowed temporarily but then forbidden till the Day of Judgment.

Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 9, Book 86, Number 91:
Narrated Muhammad bin 'Ali:

'Ali was told that Ibn 'Abbas did not see any harm in the Mut'a marriage. 'Ali said, "Allah's Apostle forbade the Mut'a marriage on the Day of the battle of Khaibar and he forbade the eating of donkey's meat." Some people said, "If one, by a tricky way, marries temporarily, his marriage is illegal." Others said, "The marriage is valid but its condition is illegal."

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/c...ml#009.086.091
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 33:
Narrated Usama bin Zaid:
The Prophet said, "After me I have not left any affliction more harmful to men than women

^^What does that mean? Women are the root of all of Men's problems? I don't understand...

Fitnah means trial, a test. So the most tempting test for a man is the woman.

Narrated Sahl bin Sad:
While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Sad, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." 'And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (65.4) And the 'Iddat for the girl before puberty is three months (in the above Verse).

^^If the iddat for a girl who hasn't reached puberty is yet is three months then what does that mean? You can marry someone who hasn't reached puberty yet? Like a child?

There are women who don't have their periods, but they're mature in every other way - physically, mentally and emotionally for marriage. For example in Antarctica, some women don't get their periods till their 20s, but they have matured in every other way. Marriage to any woman who has matured [baaligh] is allowed.

Read this article for more info on your question;
http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/q....html#post6297

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah:
While we were returning from a Ghazwa (Holy Battle) with the Prophet, I started driving my camel fast, as it was a lazy camel A rider came behind me and pricked my camel with a spear he had with him, and then my camel started running as fast as the best camel you may see. Behold! The rider was the Prophet himself. He said, 'What makes you in such a hurry?" I replied, I am newly married " He said, "Did you marry a virgin or a matron? I replied, "A matron." He said, "Why didn't you marry a young girl so that you may play with her and she with you?" When we were about to enter (Medina), the Prophet said, "Wait so that you may enter (Medina) at night so that the lady of unkempt hair may comb her hair and the one whose husband has been absent may shave her pubic region.

If a girl is so young that she still plays with dolls how is it that she can consent to marriage or becoming a wife?

Playing can mean that she is a young woman who a guy can have fun with. Since Jabir got married to an older woman who could lookafter his sisters (so she would be like a motherly figure to them).

So it doesn't mean playing like with toys, but as a guy playing/having fun with his virgin wife.

Allah knows best.

hadith of Rasoolullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) which states that a woman who applies perfume and goes out into public is like an adulteress. We can therefore see how serious a matter this is. Today our ladies have abandoned these important and compulsory teachings of Islam. No wonder that they are having such a great difficulty in following the Shariah. In this era, a woman is divorced today, and tomorrow she is once more out on the street. Since they have become so used to being outside the home, it is asking too much of them to remain indoors for three months, a period which for some seems a lifetime!

Why are women compared to adultresses when they wear perfume and men are allowed to wear cologne? My sister has asked this question before and she got the reply "Men are more likely to be attracted to women than women to men.." I don't understand. If someone smells good...they're attractive..regardless of gender. Can someone please explain?

There's some things which we have to accept, even if we don't totally understand them. Allah and His Messenger know better.

My sister acquired this information from a website:

THE WORKING WOMAN AND IDDAT
Some women work, hence they do not observe iddat for fear of losing their jobs. Has material gain become so crucial to us that we are prepared to sacrifice the Law of Allah? Surely we need to think and ponder carefully over the state of our Deeni affairs.

A woman in iddat is not allowed to do the following:
She is not allowed to apply perfume, to wear jewellery and ornaments, to apply surma or cajel to the eyes, to wear flowers, to wear attractive clothing, to apply henna (mehndi), to apply cosmetics, to apply oil to the head, to comb the hair, or to resort to any other form of adornment women normally do to make themselves attractive.

Why is a woman in iddat so restricted to the point where she can't even comb her hair? Men won't see it regardless because of Hijab so what does the husband's death have to do with anything? Men don't mourn over their wives...they just go out and find another person to marry.
Try reading these;
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/101546/iddah
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/6240/iddah

I have heard that women need to ask their husbands if they wish to pray extra rakaats? What does the husband have to do with the woman praying extra salah?
Can you ask the people for proof of that?

Brothers & Sisters
I realize that there are many questions...any clarification on any of these hadiths would be greatly appreciated.

Jazakallah Khairan for reading this far

:w:
barakAllahu feek.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!