/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jesus walks the earth again...please read...

robbx
01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Jesus has come again…
It’s been claimed many times before…but what if this time something is different? What if there were miracles attributed to this man? What if a significant number of people believed in him? What if he was acknowledged to be the Second Coming by some high standing people, for example? Or what if the press supported him and reported on his actions and words on a daily basis trying to convince everyone of his authenticity?
What would happen?
What would be your reaction?
I am researching a book and would be very grateful if you could give me your opinion, both your personal one, and also what you think the reaction of the general populous would be.
I am trying to get the consensus of as many people from as many different faiths as possible, but I must admit that I am not fully versed in the role of Jesus in the different religions. What I am interested in though, is people’s individual reactions, so thank you in advance for your time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vito
01-31-2009, 10:16 PM
"He will descend on a Jamaat (group) that will be righteous at the time and comprising of 800 men and 400 women. The people will be preparing for war at the time against Dajjal (the anti-Christ). It will be time for Fajr prayers, and Imam Mahdi will be the Amir (leader). From the darkness of the dawn, a sound will suddenly be heard that "one who listens to your pleas has come" -- the righteous people will look everywhere and their eyes will fall on Isa (A.S.). Briefly, at the time of Fajr, Isa (A.S.) will descend. When descending, Isa (A.S.)'s hands will be on the shoulders of two angels (according to another source (Kab Abrar), a cloud will carry him). On their insistence Hadhrat Isa will introduce himself. He will inquire about their enthusiasm and thoughts on Jihad against Dajjal. Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will descend on the eastern side near the Minaret in Damascus (or in Baitul-Muqaddus by Imam Mahdi). At the time Imam Mahdi will have proceeded forward to lead the Fajr Salaat. The Iqamat of the Salaat would have been said (already recited) and Imam Mahdi will call Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) for Imamat (to lead the prayer), but he (Hadhrat Isa (A.S.)) will instead tell Imam Mahdi to lead the prayer since the Iqamat of that Salaat has already been said for him. Thus Imam Mahdi will lead the prayer, and Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will follow him. After the ruku, he will make this statement: "Allah has killed Dajjal and the Muslims have appeared.""
http://www.islam.tc/prophecies/jesus.html

As you can see, there will be a lot of events going on in the time of his descendance (if thats even a word?). It won't be some random thing that just happens and he pops up on CNN claiming to be Jesus or something. As far as what my reaction would be if this were to happen in my time, I wish I could tell you.

Yanal
02-01-2009, 04:30 AM
This is the same understanding topic as The Maahdi. Check my threads and the Maahdi one.

glo
02-01-2009, 09:34 AM
That's an interesting question, robbx.

Since you ask about the views of other religions too, here is a wiki page which explains the views and interpretations of the different Christian denominations, with Bible references etc.
(Warning: It's lengthy! :D)

My personal view is that Jesus will not need any media coverage or PR team to make his second coming known. Whether we follow him or we don't, we will all know who he is!
So my guess is that any such claims (as you describe) of a man claiming to be Jesus, would leave me fairly cold.

Out of interest, I expect that at any given time there are hundreds of people out there, claiming to be Jesus ...:mmokay:

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
robbx
02-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi.
Thanks for your help. I shall start sifting through the link you posted soon.

I have one question though, if you don't mind.
You, and many others, say that you will just know when Jesus comes, but I still can't quite understand how you will. What exactly will it be that seperates the real Jesus from someone who just claims that he is?

The book is about about human nature and the need to beleive rather than about the flesh and blood return of Christ, and what would happen to society if a significant (or highly influential) section of society beleived in it....

So for you, the people reading this post, what would be your personal reaction if the press (for example) or the leader of your religious community proported that this was the Second Coming? Blissful peace or a sense of trepidation???

Thank you all for your time, Robb

glo
02-20-2009, 06:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by robbx
I have one question though, if you don't mind.
You, and many others, say that you will just know when Jesus comes, but I still can't quite understand how you will. What exactly will it be that seperates the real Jesus from someone who just claims that he is?
I simply trust and believe that I will know.
As a Christian I believe to have a relationship with God through Jesus. Like an old friend, I believe I will just know him.
(I guess that's an entirely unsatisfying answer to you ... but it's the best I can tell you)

So for you, the people reading this post, what would be your personal reaction if the press (for example) or the leader of your religious community proported that this was the Second Coming? Blissful peace or a sense of trepidation???
Again, I don't think the reporting (either via the media or some religious leader) would have much affect on me. I would expect Jesus' second coming to be declared by divine and supernatural revelation.

If that occured, my guess is that it would be a sense of peace and joy ... but I won't really know until it happens. Ask me then! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.