/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Mahram in marriage meetings

~Taalibah~
02-02-2009, 07:25 PM
:sl:

Who does the mahram required to be present at the meeting between a man and woman for marriage have to be?

No doubt most any girl would be dead shy to have their fathers present while they speak to the guy.
Brother?
I heard too that the boys mother or sister can be present?
And in some cases children can be left in the (room) with the door open.

Umm these are just a few methods i've heard about....

Your thoughts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zahida
02-02-2009, 09:36 PM
:sl: Lol!!! When i was in that situation i was left in the room with my potential husband door wide open and us sitting in full view with the elders outside where they could see us.................... I guess the mehram is referred to anyone the girl cannot be legally married to as in all cases ie the father brother etc etc........................:w::giggling:

The Palestinian
02-18-2009, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Farashah
:sl:

Who does the mahram required to be present at the meeting between a man and woman for marriage have to be?

No doubt most any girl would be dead shy to have their fathers present while they speak to the guy.
Brother?
I heard too that the boys mother or sister can be present?
And in some cases children can be left in the (room) with the door open.

Umm these are just a few methods i've heard about....

Your thoughts?
Sister, after you sign your marriage and he pays the "maher", they are married already and if they had a baby during this time, this is their son and allah won't punish them for this because they married but not yet made the party and so on, but they are not adviced to do so untill they are announcing it to people.
Now, i think the problem of many parent they would like to sit with them although they need to know each other more while in such situation they can't talk freely.
I guess if they went to the park, it's public place and I guess it's good choice for them without having their parents.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.