/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Can't Sleep Until Questions Answered!!

allahuakbar90
02-03-2009, 03:25 AM
asalaamualekum,

I really need help I converted to islam around a year ago for the reason I believed God, I believe God would guide his people through prophets etc and I believed Islam is the truth but I keep havin the questions.

1) If Allah refers to himself as He then doesn't that mean he is just a being
2) Why does he refer to himself as we when there is one god
3) How does he know everything thats happening like when we pray etc.
4) Isn't Islam just peace of mind as we are belieaving that God is there and we will go to heaven rather than just not knowing
5) Sometimes it just seems as though people are brainwashed if Islam is the true religion why do people find peace through other religions
6) Why are the non muslim countries the most powerful if Allah favours his people?

Please forgive me for these questions but I need some answers. :cry:

Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Civilsed
02-03-2009, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by allahuakbar90
asalaamualekum,

I really need help I converted to islam around a year ago for the reason I believed God, I believe God would guide his people through prophets etc and I believed Islam is the truth but I keep havin the questions.

4) Isn't Islam just peace of mind as we are belieaving that God is there and we will go to heaven rather than just not knowing
5) Sometimes it just seems as though people are brainwashed if Islam is the true religion why do people find peace through other religions
6) Why are the non muslim countries the most powerful if Allah favours his people?

Salaam
:sl:

I will try to answer a few:

1. In Arabic you have words/names that are male of female.. Allah is a masculine name hence Allah is refered as he. However Allah does not have a gender as in Surat Alikhlas (walam yekun lahu kufwan ahad) And there is nothing likended to him.

2. as Already stated is the "Royal" We.
3. As Allah states in the Quran "He is the all knowing" "he knows what you reveal and what you hide" and many more.. This should be enough i.e faith, We should not think that anything is difficult/impossible for Allah and Allah Is Alhaq (the truth)

4. This is the arguement used by Athiests again this s faith, but if you take the Quran and see all the miracles in it relating to Science that are 100% accurate therefore Islam is not just a feel good factor but valid/Logical belief
5. People find peace in many thing even alcohol, money and man made cults but those who truly understand Islam will know that this is the only religion for salvation/peace.

I would suggest increasing you knowledge as this will keep your heart firm
Note: These questions are posed to you by Shaytan who tries to lead us astray, Keep making dua and prently of Dhikr.

I hope this help somewhat, And Allah know best

http://theislamicummah.ning.com/vide...ion-with-allah

maryam87
02-03-2009, 01:43 PM
i can answer the last question for you,

how can we expect to become powerful when the majority of muslims these days would prefer to be ruled by democracy instead of sharia. How can we expect any victory from Allah (swt) when scholars these days have sold their religion for a small price, when brothers have abandoned jihad, when sisters getting raped by non-muslims has become a norm, when muslims themselves are criticising their own brothers for fighting for the sake of Allah(swt), when we are ourselves to busy with dunya and heedless of the hereafter?
the list goes on................

Inshallah we shall become victories when we return ourselves to the religion of Allah (Swt) with no compromise

islamlover_girl
03-28-2009, 08:44 PM
asalaamualekum,

Salaam

Allah tests us (ebtlaa) . sometimes this tests r making us less powerful and we have then to be patient , sometimes this tests r making us more powerful and rich and then we have to be grateful to Allah ,along the hestory muslims sometimes were the most powerful countries all over the world and sometimes not as what happenes today.
In Islam life is just a test (ebtlaa) ,and the real won is in the other life.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mathematician
03-28-2009, 09:06 PM
asalaamualekum,

Salaam

5) You need to understand that when Allah speaks in the Qur'an about giving the believers a good life He is mostly referring to a good life in the hereafter. Remember He is Ar-rahman, so His mercy reaches everybody in this world, including atheists. But in the hereafter he is Ar-rahim, which is His mercy appearing on believers only. Allah answers du'as of even non-muslims in this world because of His mercy. That's just who He is. So, non-muslims get a big share of His mercy in this life.
1) Of course Allah is a being. But we accept that and never question it. We don't have the mental ability to understand it so we let it go and move on with life.
3) You can ask Him that on the day of Judgement. :) I really don't know and to be honest it's not something that should occupy one's mind. If something is not useful to your religious commitment then let it go.
4) Islam is not about peace of mind. Islam is about acknowledging the Creator of this universe.

Shukri18
03-28-2009, 09:52 PM
asalaamualekum,

Salaam
Salam,
There is no need to as for forgiveness by asking questions. We ask questions to get answers so which to make our Iman stronger. I feel that many of us have questions like this or even similar to this nestled in our hands, but too afraid to ask. Way to go asking:)
I think I will go for number 4.
Islam is not a peace of mind. Islam, is a verb meaning submit. We are submitting ourselves to Allah SWT. We know that Allah is there. We know that we are especially close to Allah when we are praying. Jannah is not guaranteed, hence why we pray, follow the Prophet, and the prophets peace be upon them. Jannah/ heaven is not guaranteed, just like life tomorrow... no just like our next breath is not promised. Allah is the true judger as to who the gates of paradise will open to.
As for number 5, I would love to answer it, but I don't have much knowledge as to why, all I can give you is my personal opinion and that really wouldn't do you any justice or help you sleep at night haha.

عبد الله
04-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

The meaning of the pronoun “We” as used in the Qur’an.

aamirsaab
04-01-2009, 11:03 AM
1) That's just so we have a frame of referrence.
2) Rofl. It's royal we.
3) That is small fry considering the entire universe and everything in it was created by Allah.
4) It is a complete way of life that governs every aspect ranging from individual to societal needs. It is much more than a state of mind.
5) People find peace through a lot of things doesn't mean squat. Islam is not just about finding peace. See point 3 again.
6) Two answers:
i) It is the will of Allah
ii) Which Islamic country actually follows Islam properly? None. A broken sharia system does not lead to prosperity. That is why it is important to get it right.

Salaam
Since you are a recent convert I'll be kind and not lecture you. Do continue to ask questions about Islamn no matter how silly they may seem; it is our duty as muslims to help you.

allahuakbar90
04-16-2009, 01:39 AM
what does ROYAL we mean?

Woodrow
04-16-2009, 02:01 AM
what does ROYAL we mean?
It is actually an English term. You will find it often in English translations of the Bible and other books that were originaly translated into Elizabethan English, such as the KJV,

It is basically a pural form used as a singularity to denote power or greatness.

It is used in the same manner in Arabic. Sort of like when a king issues a proclamation it begins with "We the royal Court do decree......" It is not meant to be plural, it is a statement of power.

greenshirt
04-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Asalaam-Alaykum akhi

lemme give this a shot

a
what do you mean?

allah(swt) is neither male nor female. and he is certainly more than just a being. he is all knowing, the creator. perfect.
in arabic sometimes you refer to something in the plural if it is royal or majestic even if it is just one person.

even in english we say the plural for one person. the word "are" is plural in our language, with "is" being the singular.

however, though we say he/she is, when it comes to you, we say you are which is plural. however we are not referring to a bunch of people or more than one person. we are rather just referring to one person.

it's sort of different in english than arabic but it has a similar jist. likewise it is in hebrew.

bre****h bara elohim eth hashimayim eth va'ah harets.
the "-im" suffix is plural. but we know it is referring to one god and the jews still say "elohim" referring to one god. they dont believe in the trinity concept either.
simple. allah(swt) is all knowing and perfect.

and we will never be able to comprehend the powerfulness and perfectness of allah(swt.) never. no matter how hard we try. because we are not perfect. allah(swt) is.
it depends on who you ask.

i have faith in islam. i truly believe it is real. i dont just believe in it because i want there to be another life. i could be a jew or christian or hindu and believe in something more than just this life.

i truly believe islam is true. my heart tells me it is. allah(swt) has guided me to islam.

if you dont feel this, than maybe you dont truly believe. or maybe you should read more into the religion.

why do people find peace in alcohol? in drugs? in violence?

we are all different people and some of us are inclined to beliefs that are not always right. many times people do that because they dont like certain aspects. a drug user may despise islam because our religion deems drugs as sinful. they may like a rastafarian type religion that does not condemn their activity.

maybe as a punishment for us?

also we as muslims as a whole have not fulfilled our obligations. many muslims dont say their 5 prayers daily. many commit grave sins. a lot prefer a secular society rather than a shariah.

you get what you put in. if our fellow muslims are not going to make a major effort to set up a caliphate that will be powerful like when the salaf did, then they are not going to get this great result.

i am not pointing the blame at others, but rather to myself too. i am far from perfect and have not done everything i should for my religion.

also this world is full of temptations and tests. we may not prevail now, but we will on yawm al qiyyammah.

allah(swt) says don't think you will be a muslim without being tested. we shouldnt expect life to be handed to us on a silver platter.

Salaam
akhi no need to apologize. these are legitimate questions and its better that you asked than have a heart full of questions without answers.

i hope i have answered your questions. remember that all good i say is from allah(swt) and all bad/wrong is from shaiytan or myself.

wa salaam

ssmalt
08-13-2009, 02:33 PM
http://www.questionsonislam.com

i think you should have a look this link. its a reliable site

regards

Snowflake
08-13-2009, 03:03 PM
allahuakbar90;1091923]asalaamualekum,

InshaAllah..

He is One - complete. For instance us humans are two parts of a whole and are thus either man or woman. Yet if that division was unified it would be neither he or she - it would be a complete whole - yet the 'he' side would be the stronger of the two. Then if Allah is One. He is complete yet masculine. (By he/she I am refering to subtle and strong forms of energy, not a physical he/she when refering to Allah).

The word 'We' when used as a singular term implies respect, authority and a high status. In many languages, urdu, farsi (persian) and even english people refer to themselves as 'we' as the queen does. It does not suggest anything else other than that.

Because He created us! If He can create the Universe, how unbelievable is it that He also has the Power to know His own creation and the Unseen? remember what is the 'unseen' to us is already known to Allah.

No, people can achieve peace of mind through other faiths. What they can't achieve is a well balanced way of achieving standards in social, economic, personal and religious matters. Unfortunately, the beauty of Islam cannot be seen from todays' muslim because they are not adhering to its teaching in the right manner.

Peace can be found by popping pills. Finding it in other religions does not make them true. The peace achieved in other religions is purely because Allah is merciful to His entire creation and for those who have not heard the message, He will give them peace however they call upon Him. He is their Creator too. His mercy is not only limited to the muslims.

Does not the flame burn brighter just before it dies out? This so-called power is responsible for blood-shed and crimes of humanity. It is alos short-lived. I do not call that being powerful except in a limited satanic way. On the other hand, the state of the muslims today is not due to Allah not favouring them, but due to the muslim's own choice of not claiming His favours because greed and corruption has taken them away from their true purpose in life. As I said above, Allah is merciful to His entire creation, but especially moreso to the believers if they please Him and go good works. InshaAllah Islam will prevail.

You're welcome :)

hrm
08-13-2009, 04:43 PM
:sl: Scents of Jannah and GreenShirt.:statisfie
Thanks for educating not only non-muslims and recent converts but also muslims who seek such answers. I am really impressed by the way sister Jannah elaborated on fine details. Very few women I have come across who uses their intellect to differentiate between right and wrong and present themselve plainly in the face of arugments and questions like the one posed by the enquirer.
Please keep up the good work for the Ummah. May Allah's peace and blessings be upon all Mursaleen and muslameen and muslimaat . Allahhumma Aameen.

cat eyes
08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
i think you need to study the meaning of the holy Qur'an more extensivly because Allah has said he guides many people by his scriptures and misleads many by it. what most of us are lacking is knowledge and its important for revert to go to there local mosque or join a class and meet other pious muslims inshaallah.... and hope you will find some here aswell to help with your deen:statisfie

just put trust in your creator and remember him everyday :statisfie as the brothers and sisters have said it is a test. our brains can only think on a limited amount so don't annoy yourself to much..this is shaytaans whispering in your heart.. Allah don't really like this thing that we question concerning him but if we just follow him it will be better for us thats all he asks an then he will guide you trust me :D

hrm
08-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Dear Aamirsaab :sl:
Brother, I was reading your answer to one of the recent coverts who asked the above question and your reply dated 4/1/2009.
Here is what I noted and was most displeased about your reply. From what I have gauged you are not acting like an adult or a moderator let alone a super moderator but acting as nauzabilla GOD in answering some one who is a recent convert and seek knowledge to confirm his faith.
Allah has told us in Quran " InnalAllah Layahibu kulla Muktalan Fakhoor" Allah love not those who are prideful boasters. But brother this is exactly what you are depicting through the language you are wrote. Here is an example: The brother asked you this question "why does Allah call himself as We rather than I" and your answer was “ROFL (rolling on the floor and laughing) it’s royal we"
Then the brother asked you another question " why do people find peace through other religions?" and your answer was most inappropriate " people find peace through a lot of things doesn't mean squat" Now brother you know and I know what that despicable word squat means but I will not elaborate here due to the sanctity of the forum yet you used this word without a second thought.
Then again a GOD like attitude shows in your writing in the end and I quote you " Since you are a recent convert I'll be kind and not lecture you"
Brother who are you to lecture anyone let alone a recent convert who has come on this forum seeking help? Are you trying to tell the rest of the Islamicboard community that beware here comes God who would rip your brains apart if you dare say something which is displeasing to me?
This is an amazing situation here. Read what you have written just beneath your name " BACK FROM UMRAH" well now we all know you are back from Umrah but here is the question " what did you gain from that Umrah? Peace of mind and harmony or unforgiving and careless nature??
As I have quoted Allah from the Quran that he doesn't like people who are haughty and He doesn't leave anyone behind in criticism and taking revenge. You must have read Surah Abasa. If not, then a few lines in the beginning and their tafseer and background would tell you that Allah was most displeased with our prophet s.a.w when he turned his face away from the blind man who came to him for word of wisdom and guidance. I am sure our prophet s.a.w. intention was not to disgrace the blind man but still Allah reprimanded him in such a way that it came to be part of Quran for all generation to see and extract guidance from .
I end here my reservations with no hard feelings and any words that were uttered were for guidance purpose not to disgrace you. May Allah’s peace and blessings be upon our prophet s.a.w. and all the momeneen and momeenaat

PS: Surah Abasa Ayat # 1-11

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious , The Most Merciful

HE frowned and turned away
Because the blind man came unto him
What could inform you that he might grow
Or take heed and so the reminder might avail him
As for him who think himself independent
Unto him you pay regard
Yet it is not your concern if he grow not (in grace)
But as for him who come unto you with earnest purpose
And has fear
From him you are distracted
Nay, but surely it is an admonishment
SadakAllah Al Aazeem

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.