/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong...

Samkurd
02-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Is it wrong if i tell my roommate not to open the door to our room for people until i finish praying?

He got all angry and frustrated because he said im being a loser for not wanting people in because im 'embarassed'.

I told him its just two minutes for me to pray and i invited the guy knocking on the door back in after.

I hate it when people have no consideration for others..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AhlaamBella
02-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Is your room mate Muslim?

alcurad
02-03-2009, 10:35 PM
no, it's your room too, do the people bother you when you are praying?
it's best to get ths out of the way quickly, before it builds up..

Pk_#2
02-03-2009, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samkurd
Is it wrong if i tell my roommate not to open the door to our room for people until i finish praying?

He got all angry and frustrated because he said im being a loser for not wanting people in because im 'embarassed'.

I told him its just two minutes for me to pray and i invited the guy knocking on the door back in after.

I hate it when people have no consideration for others..

That's mean, let his friends come in, it's both your room? No?

Just tell them the rules and tell them not to break em, May Allaah make it easy for you. People get frustrated from lack of understanding.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhlaamBella
02-03-2009, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
That's mean, let his friends come in, it's both your room? No?
How is it mean? You need to concentrate on your Salah and you can't with people buzzing around you

Samkurd
02-03-2009, 10:43 PM
He is muslim too but doesnt pray, he is my brother ontop of that and i know it sounds mean but its just for a few moments and i happily let them in and invite them after.. its just because i dget distracted

Pk_#2
02-03-2009, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
How is it mean? You need to concentrate on your Salah and you can't with people buzzing around you
If they are sharing a room then that's the thread starters problem, not his room mates,

If it's his room, then he can let who he wants in and keep out who he wants,

He can easily find Muslim room mates to pray with, either that or the local masjid, even libraries or education centres have multi faith rooms he can use,

No need to kick people out, or prevent people from coming in, what kind of impression is left behind of Islaam?

I wouldn't like it if that happened to me.

Intisar
02-03-2009, 10:47 PM
If they are sharing a room then that's the thread starters problem, not his room mates,

If it's his room, then he can let who he wants in and keep out who he wants,

He can easily find Muslim room mates to pray with, either that or the local masjid, even libraries or education centres have multi faith rooms he can use,

No need to kick people out, or prevent people from coming in, what kind of impression is left behind of Islaam?

I wouldn't like it if that happened to me.

:sl: Sis you didn't read the brother's post, he shares it with his brother (who is Muslim).

Nothing should come in between you and your salah, you should inshaa'Allaah encourage your brother to start praying and tell him that you get easily distracted with the door open.

AhlaamBella
02-03-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't think you're empathizing very well. Whether it is shared or not, it is still personal space. it hardly takes half an hour to pray does it? So they are not kept out for long

Pk_#2
02-03-2009, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
:sl: Sis you didn't read the brother's post, he shares it with his brother (who is Muslim).

Nothing should come in between you and your salah, you should inshaa'Allaah encourage your brother to start praying and tell him that you get easily distracted with the door open.
Wa'alaykumsalaam,

Oh sorry! Ignore my posts, I missed that post,

Encourage him to pray then!

JazakiAllahu khair Ameena*:statisfie

Intisar
02-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Wa'alaykumsalaam,

Oh sorry! Ignore my posts, I missed that post,

Encourage him to pray then!

JazakiAllahu khair Ameena*:statisfie
Wa iyyak sis, it's fine. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
I don't think you're empathizing very well. Whether it is shared or not, it is still personal space. it hardly takes half an hour to pray does it? So they are not kept out for long
:sl: I agree it takes usually 5 mins (min, personally for me) to pray, that isn't much. Besides, can't they wait in the living room?

IbnAbdulHakim
02-03-2009, 10:52 PM
lol i would flykick my bro if he got frustrated at me for that

a very friendly brotherly flykick of course, he wouldnt mind :)

Pk_#2
02-03-2009, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
lol i would flykick my bro if he got frustrated at me for that

a very friendly brotherly flykick of course, he wouldnt mind :)
Really?! :X

Don't give him ideas, Muslims are gentle people. Especially brothers, like my dad mashaAllaah. :statisfie

IbnAbdulHakim
02-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Really?! :X

Don't give him ideas, Muslims are gentle people. Especially brothers, like my dad mashaAllaah. :statisfie

gentle? i spent most of my college days wrestling and boxing in the prayer room with the "gentle" bro's. plus its sunnah

but on topic:

If its disturbing for you to leave it open, then leave it closed, if he dont accept it, CONSULT GREATER AUTHORITY (bring the daddy !!!!!)

Intisar
02-03-2009, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
gentle? i spent most of my college days wrestling and boxing in the prayer room with the "gentle" bro's. plus its sunnah

but on topic:

If its disturbing for you to leave it open, then leave it closed, if he dont accept it, CONSULT GREATER AUTHORITY (bring the daddy !!!!!)
:sl: I don't think he lives with his Dad akhee.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-03-2009, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
:sl: I don't think he lives with his Dad akhee.
maybe not, but theres ALWAYS greater authority!!

Yanal
02-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Silently put a Do Not Disturb sign when praying and take it out after. InshAllah it will help you.

Yanal
02-04-2009, 12:41 AM
And do not hate any except the torturers of the Prophet(PBUH), and mostly the devil himself.

Samkurd
02-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Thank you all for your advice!

And sorry for the arguments this thread may have caused

Yanal
02-04-2009, 02:13 AM
Did any of it actually work or are you... Ssssasssppppaaaammmmmmmmmmmmm?
PS PK are you a bro or sis I get confused on what to call you between the two.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.