/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question

Quan
02-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Hi,

I have been interested in Islam for a while now, it has answered so many questions and doubts I had about Christianity. My question is should I learn more about Islam before I say Shahadah, such as learning to pray? Or should I declare Shahadah first and then begin learning? Because I've heard some people say you should convert (or revert) as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Intisar
02-04-2009, 04:41 AM
*Thread approved*

Hello,

You should definitely revert as soon as possible, even as a born Muslim you're always learning something new, and as long as you have that foundation of tawheed (One-ness of Allaah) instilled in you and you make du'a (supplication) to Allaah that he continues to guide you to the right path then inshaa'Allaah (God-willing) you can never go astray. :)

You can learn how to pronounce Arabic words properly as well as how to pray, make du'a (supplication), etc. at your local masjid (or mosque). You should try to stay in contact with any Muslims that you know or even the imaam of the closest masjid and talk to him about your queries that you have about Islaam inshaa'Allaah.

May Allaah guide you to the right path.

peaceandlove
02-04-2009, 07:53 AM
:w:

You should say shahadah at you earliest and then start learning more about Islam like praying etc.

Quan
02-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Thank you both for the replies! It will be a very big step for me to take in life but I think it may be the right one. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
02-05-2009, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Quan
Thank you both for the replies! It will be a very big step for me to take in life but I think it may be the right one. :)
Inshaa'Allaah, but always know that the declaration of faith (shahadah) is something that should be said with conviction, you must truly believe it in your heart.

Zamtsa
02-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Please see this thread: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9229

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Zamtsa
02-09-2009, 08:13 PM
In Islam, the way of the Shahaba was to learn about Iman. Iman is faith to Allah, faith to Malaikat (Angels), faith to Messengers and Prophets, faith to books of Allah (Kitabullah), faith to Qadha (good and bad predestination) and Qadar (things which are happening and going to happen since Allahu Ta'ala created Makhluq), and faith to Al Qiyamah (the Day of Judgement).

Then know that Iman (faith) is the rope which tie our heart, and it is reflected in the speech and action.

Learn about Iman, and then study Al Qur'an. This was what the Shahaba of Rasulullah did.

Rasulullah said that anyone who become a Muslim from Ahlul Kitab (Jew and Christian) then they will be rewarded 2 times, and all of her sins are forgiven, and all the good things which she done, based by the intention of doing it because of Allahu Jalla Jalaaluhu, Allahu Jalla Jalaaluhu will reward it by His treasures.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Hamza Asadullah
02-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi,

I have been interested in Islam for a while now, it has answered so many questions and doubts I had about Christianity. My question is should I learn more about Islam before I say Shahadah, such as learning to pray? Or should I declare Shahadah first and then begin learning? Because I've heard some people say you should convert (or revert) as soon as possible.

Thanks.
Asalam wr wb Hows it going whats the latest brother?

sshussain
02-11-2009, 08:44 PM
You should proclaim shadah ASAP, as mentioned in Quran that if any one dies except as a MUSLIM then he/she is unsuccessful. And you never know when death is going to come to you or any other person.

I testify that There is no GOD worthy of worship except Allah, and further testify that Muhammed (s.a.w) is His slave and messenger

Muslim Woman
02-12-2009, 05:18 AM
In the name of Allah , the Most Gracious , Ever Merciful

Salaam/ Peace

... My question is should I learn more about Islam before I say Shahadah.
If u are sure that Islam is the truth , then u must not delay . We don't know when death of angel will visit us by the command of God.

InshaAllah ( God Willing ) , U can learn prayer & other things after declaring your Shahada :statisfie

- Qatada -
02-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Hey Qua :)

here's some good links if u need help on converting/reverting;

http://muslimconverts.com
http://islamreligion.com

:) if u need any help, plz ask!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.