:sl:

Jazak Allah khair for sharing

Ummu Sufyaan
02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
nice :statisfie
did you write it yourself :? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Gia
02-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Very beautifully written.

JazakiAllah

sirajstc
02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
jaza kalla kahair

cute123
02-05-2009, 10:17 AM
english translation please

aysegul
02-05-2009, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh
english translation please
I think so..:)

*Yasmin*
02-05-2009, 11:26 AM
لا تقل : من أين نبدأ؟
Don't say: from where do we start?

طاعة الله البداية
submission for God is the begining

لا تقل : أين طريقي؟
Don't say: where is my way?

شرع الله الهدايه
shar'au Allahi (God's law) is the guidance

لا تقل أين نعيمي؟
Dont say: where is my heaven/bliss*

جنة الله كفاية
heaven of God is enough

لا تقل غداً سأبدأ؟
Don't say: tomorrow i'll start

ربما تأتي النهاية
Maybe the end will come.

>>if there is Grammar mistakes pls correct me.
and if there is better translation pls post it<< sure there is better

Gia
02-05-2009, 11:53 AM
^ Good translation Yasmin. I was wondering what نعيم should be translated to. You've translated it into 'heaven' and it really makes sense.

JazakiAllah Khair

*Yasmin*
02-06-2009, 10:18 AM
^^ thanks sis, i was confused about this word too

JazakiAllah Khair
wjazake Allahu khyran

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
:salamext:

Hmm, maasha'Allaah. Very thought-provoking. BaarakAllaahu feeki.

~SkYWaLkeR~
02-06-2009, 02:01 PM
thanks..i really liked it
jazaki allah khairan :)

Mustapha@
02-06-2009, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
لا تقل : من أين نبدأ؟
Don't say: from where do we start?

طاعة الله البداية
submission for God is the begining

لا تقل : أين طريقي؟
Don't say: where is my way?

شرع الله الهدايه
shar'au Allahi (God's law) is the guidance

لا تقل أين نعيمي؟
Dont say: where is my heaven

جنة الله كفاية
heaven of God is enough

لا تقل غداً سأبدأ؟
Don't say: tomorrow i'll start

ربما تأتي النهاية
Maybe the end will come.

>>if there is Grammar mistakes pls correct me.
and if there is better translation pls post it<< sure there is better
Thank you sister Yasmin for the beautiful translation. really it's good. However, I disagree a little bit with you about the translation of the word نعيـــــم due to the fact that the original writer mentioned the world جـــنــة -which verily can be translated as "heaven", and that's exactly what you did- only one time in the source text. so we can not translate both نعيـــــم/نـــعــيـمـي and جـــنــة as "heaven"...in the source text we feel that the original author as if he wants to say that heaven is enough for you to be blissed and to be at ease...that's why I think, and it's my only humble suggestion, if we could translate the world نــــعـــيــم as "bliss" :)
N.B: I might be wrong :)

:w:

Na7lah
02-06-2009, 08:37 PM
if we could translate the world نــــعـــيــم as "bliss"
i was about to suggest that, if you look in arabic dictionaries na3eem is sometimes translated as bliss

anywayz wa iyaakum, glad you liked it :)

did you write it yourself
no i didn't *found it on one of the arabic forums*

Mustapha@
02-06-2009, 09:04 PM

Thank you sister muslimah for your efforts...

:)

*Yasmin*
02-07-2009, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustapha@
Thank you sister Yasmin for the beautiful translation. really it's good. However, I disagree a little bit with you about the translation of the word نعيـــــم due to the fact that the original writer mentioned the world جـــنــة -which verily can be translated as "heaven", and that's exactly what you did- only one time in the source text. so we can not translate both نعيـــــم/نـــعــيـمـي and جـــنــة as "heaven"...in the source text we feel that the original author as if he wants to say that heaven is enough for you to be blissed and to be at ease...that's why I think, and it's my only humble suggestion, if we could translate the world نــــعـــيــم as "bliss" :)
N.B: I might be wrong :)

as i said i was confused about this word,and in fact i was confused between bliss and heaven but i chose heaven
but you seems sure, so your humble suggestion is accepted:thumbs_up.
thank you for your efforts trying to correct me, i appreciate that.

Danah
02-07-2009, 01:00 PM
few words but very wise indeed
thanks for sharing :)

Gia
02-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Hello once again,

looking up the word "نعيم" in babylon dictionary gave me "n. paradise", while looking up the word "bliss" gave me منتهى سعادة, النعيم, هناء, الجنة, you can see that the word heaven/paradise/جنة is a common factor between the two translations. So to sum this up, both translations are correct.

Ummu Sufyaan
02-08-2009, 07:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
as i said i was confused about this word,and in fact i was confused between bliss and heaven but i chose heaven
but you seems sure, so your humble suggestion is accepted:thumbs_up.
thank you for your efforts trying to correct me, i appreciate that.
also na3eem means delight, right :P

Gia
02-08-2009, 08:15 AM
:sl: dear sister
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
also na3eem means delight, right :P
Sort of.

نعيم is more than just delight. Delight means فرحة or سعادة, of course نعيم means that but it gets beyond it.

*Yasmin*
02-08-2009, 09:52 AM
^^ jazakom Allahu khyran , i wrote both of them

Mustapha@
02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gia
Hello once again,

looking up the word "نعيم" in babylon dictionary gave me "n. paradise", while looking up the word "bliss" gave me منتهى سعادة, النعيم, هناء, الجنة, you can see that the word heaven/paradise/جنة is a common factor between the two translations. So to sum this up, both translations are correct.

yes, but it does not matter how the word نـــعـيــم is translated in the two dcitionaries. but i'm stressing the idea that the original writer used two different words which are جــنــة and نــعـيــم but in the translated text only one word is used to describe two different meanings. so, I think, that's it's better to use two different words the same way that the original writer did. so to be sincere in our work...:) for example "heaven" and "bliss" or any other word you like that goes with good terms with the meaning. I'm just stressing the idea of using two different words because the original writer used two different words as well :)

Thank you!

Mustapha@
02-09-2009, 06:57 PM
believe me, the translation is really wonderful :)

Gia
02-10-2009, 08:13 AM
:sl:, brother

yes, but it does not matter how the word نـــعـيــم is translated in the two dcitionaries.
It's not about if it matters or not, doesn't matter on what basis anyway? . And I didn't use 2 dictionaries, I only used one to translate 2 words.

but i'm stressing the idea that the original writer used two different words which are جــنــة and نــعـيــم but in the translated text only one word is used to describe two different meanings.
How did you know that the original writer used to two words for different meanings? Don't we find the phrase "جنات النعيم" in Quran, and even "في نعيم" while stating that good people go to heaven ?

I see your point, and your translation is suitable, tho I still insist that both meanings are correct. I haven't said your translation is not correct have I?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!